Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

The bare minimum for BG to be somewhat enjoyable

Weldo
Weldo
Soul Shriven
I know there are lots of discussions about DM only queues, reworking objectives / flags modes to avoid boring strategies being the most effective, etc, and that's a good thing really, but... We should first remind ZOS that the current state of battleground basic systems is absolutely unacceptable in 2022 regarding what's standard, even in MMOs that don't give PvP a central place.

- The system doesn't check everyone accepted the ready check before creating the match. Honestly I don't even want to explain how bad this is and I assume it will be obvious to everyone, including devs. Even dungeon queue does the check and requeues everyone with a priority status if someone declined. This is even more noticeable (and frustrating) when queuing in duo because the missing players are usually not replaced.

- We don't have a leaderboard and we're not even able to see our MMR, or whatever weird system standing for it. I'm aware there is something in game called "battleground leaderboard" but it doesn't behave like anything close to be worth calling a PvP ranking. We need to be able to set objectives for ourselves, or at least to be able to evaluate how well we're performing. The game offers poor in-game rewards for engaging with PvP content, we should at least be rewarded with the natural satisfactions of the competition.

This is very far from being a full list of reasons why it's hard for a lot of us to enjoy Battlegrounds but, imho, first things first, you don't build anything decent on crappy foundations and ZOS should first provide the bare minimum expected from MMOs PvP arena modes.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a leaderboard, also split in certain categories. If you press J, rankings and battlegrounds. Or do you mean something else?
  • Weldo
    Weldo
    Soul Shriven
    It doesn't behave like an elo rating it's totally irrelevant.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a leaderboard, also split in certain categories. If you press J, rankings and battlegrounds. Or do you mean something else?

The leaderboard ranks players based on score which is not a competitive ranking. It's possible to lose over 50% of your games and still be #1 on the Leaderboard. It's also possible to meme your way to 1 million points.

Wi8rUus.png

Placing #1 to 10 on the leaderboard usually just means you played a bunch of BGs that week.
    PC NA
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

The leaderboard ranks players based on score which is not a competitive ranking. It's possible to lose over 50% of your games and still be #1 on the Leaderboard. It's also possible to meme your way to 1 million points.

Wi8rUus.png

Placing #1 to 10 on the leaderboard usually just means you played a bunch of BGs that week.

And you still get queued with some cp 200 first timers? Doubt it ;)
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great post, op.
    @ZOS_Kevin what do you think?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And you still get queued with some cp 200 first timers? Doubt it ;)

Sorry I don't follow. Can you clarify?

Are you saying I'm getting matched with CP200? That's probably true. I'm at the very bottom of MMR at this point. I only play 1 BG every few days whereas I used to play 15 to 20 battlegrounds per day. It's all I did in ESO for 6 months. RIP Deathmatch

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 10 April 2022 05:05
    PC NA
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weldo wrote: »
    - The system doesn't check everyone accepted the ready check before creating the match. Honestly I don't even want to explain how bad this is and I assume it will be obvious to everyone, including devs. Even dungeon queue does the check and requeues everyone with a priority status if someone declined. This is even more noticeable (and frustrating) when queuing in duo because the missing players are usually not replaced.

Please don't ask them to change anything about it. Last time they did try to fix it we ended up in several months of "BGs doesn't start so I have to quit the game and get 15 min wait debuff" experience every second game.

We used to have what you are asking before. Dungeons have 4 man and lots of the time someone drops and you get requeue. BGs used to drop and requeue lot more often. That's why they made this "ok, once you accept you enter the match and can't drop out" thing.

Your inability to find duo after you joined (and some other duo declined) likely means that there are literally zero single/duo players in the queue that could join.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that there needs to be incentive for BGs, some sort of legitimate leaderboard or ranking system, or otherwise something to work towards.

However, I don't think the queue system itself needs to change. People seem to forget that when the system waited to port people until after everyone accepted/declined, matches would never start because tons of bugs would screw with the system.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They intentionally changed the ready check aspect because the way you want it to be was plain awful. You would constantly fail ready checks and it would take forever to get into a BG.

The way it is now for ready check is fine. You get placed in the instance and it fills up. No chance of missing the 5th attempt at a ready check or repeat failing it.
  • Weldo
    Weldo
    Soul Shriven
    If there are bugs that prevent ppl from joining, just fix the bug instead of introducing a design flaw to make it work.