The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Login reward changes

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
As many have probably have stated, login rewards need changing, especially for veteran players who make almost zero use of them. My proposal is as follows:

Change crown repair kits for impresario style repair kits.
Add endeavor points as rewards
Introduce unique style pages 1 per month just to log in
Introduce spell power and weapon power pots in addition to tri pots and poisons
Introduce decent bi stat foods that dps can use
Add style Change tokens to rotation
Add Fragments to unlock something cool if someone manages to collect them 3 or 6 months in a row
Add companion gear
Remove the soul gems and replace them with actual crafting mats. I guarantee you 10 corn flowers will be way more celebrated then 5 soul gems

I mean most of this I already in game. Make the login rewards useful instead of just annoying clutter!
Edited by washbern on 21 January 2022 13:58
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    i remember the good old times wher u got crowncrates from login rewards....
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    True. I am hoping that my suggestions are at least helpful to more people than just people who just started the game 2 days ago. Anyone that has played for a week or more has no use for 90% of the junk that is handed out.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    washbern wrote: »
    True. I am hoping that my suggestions are at least helpful to more people than just people who just started the game 2 days ago. Anyone that has played for a week or more has no use for 90% of the junk that is handed out.

yea but zos has proven many times that a new player is more important for them than the old players...
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the idea of a unique outfit style set is a great idea! have it come with weapons too, so that you can complete your collection over the year, and since zos loves their year long story stuff, could make them themed for the years story.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that we need to reduce the clutter from the log in rewards. I think adding more different potions isn't the right way to help that situation. It's just more small stacks of things I put on a mule until I have a full stack and actually use them.

I'd propose that all consumable rewards be added to their own unique account wide inventory tab which also takes up no inventory space. That way, I always have them available on any toon at any time and there is no burden on my inventory by holding onto them. No inventory management minigame. At that point, if they want to add all sorts of niche items in small stacks, it doesn't feel like I'm better off just destroying them for the space they take up.

Also, get rid of the crown soul gems. Come on. Who are those actually for?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts...
    Change crown repair kits for impresario style repair kits. 👎 (see below)
    Add endeavor points as rewards 👍
    Introduce unique style pages 1 per month just to log in 👍
    Introduce spell power and weapon power pots in addition to tri pots and poisons 👎
    Introduce decent bi stat foods that dps can use 👎
    Add style Change tokens to rotation 👍
    Add Fragments to unlock something cool if someone manages to collect them 3 or 6 months in a row 👎 👎 👎
    Add companion gear
    Remove the soul gems and replace them with actual crafting mats. 👎 (see below)

Add actual crafting mats to the rotation. 👍
    Add group repair kits 👍

Companion gear. I just sell most of the companion stuff I get. If it isn't Blue or Purple, I don't want it, and once I get a Purple, I don't want the Blue.

👎👎👎 No Crates!
    Edited by Elsonso on 21 January 2022 18:32
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    My thoughts...
    Change crown repair kits for impresario style repair kits. 👎 (see below)
    Add endeavor points as rewards 👍
    Introduce unique style pages 1 per month just to log in 👍
    Introduce spell power and weapon power pots in addition to tri pots and poisons 👎
    Introduce decent bi stat foods that dps can use 👎
    Add style Change tokens to rotation 👍
    Add Fragments to unlock something cool if someone manages to collect them 3 or 6 months in a row 👎 👎 👎
    Add companion gear
    Remove the soul gems and replace them with actual crafting mats. 👎 (see below)

Add actual crafting mats to the rotation. 👍
    Add group repair kits 👍

Companion gear. I just sell most of the companion stuff I get. If it isn't Blue or Purple, I don't want it, and once I get a Purple, I don't want the Blue.

👎👎👎 No Crates!

why no crates lol?
    all blame zos for making cool stuff crate exclusive that would be an awesome way to give it to all players
    and it isnt new they already did that before

so please explain ur point of u :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote:

👎👎👎 No Crates!

why no crates lol?
    all blame zos for making cool stuff crate exclusive that would be an awesome way to give it to all players
    and it isnt new they already did that before

so please explain ur point of u :)

Crown Crates exist in this game to raise revenue for ZOS. That is just their purpose. Free or paid, that is what they are for.

I am probably well known as an anti-Crown Crate person. I do not object to ZOS making money. I don't even object to people buying them. People can spend money on what they want, preferably without asking me first. However, I do not think they should be available as part of a game, unless the game is about buying random boxes to see what is in them.

I am not opposed to loot boxes that have no direct link to revenue, even random ones. They can add a Daily Reward box, which could even contain a random assortment from the Crown Crate loot tables, and I would not object. That is, I would not object if it used the in-game container UI, like with the other reward boxes. If it used the Crown Crate UI, then it is just another Crown Crate.

(Edit: Missed cutting a paragraph that was not intended to be in the final comment)
    Edited by Elsonso on 21 January 2022 20:21
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand we all want more and more useful things at that. However, I think the idea is they are free and take extremely pretty much no effort to get.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think they could keep what is there now, but add options to convert these items to either crown gems or endeavor seals (personally i think its extremely dumb to have both gems and seals to buy the same things instead of 1 pool of "secondary" crown store currency)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I understand we all want more and more useful things at that. However, I think the idea is they are free and take extremely pretty much no effort to get.

But they're not free. If I'm not mistaken, a free to play player won't receive them.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

But they're not free. If I'm not mistaken, a free to play player won't receive them.

Pretty sure I have seen the base game on sale for $10 or less multiple times. If we are going to split hairs about the small cost it takes to buy the base game on sale, then you are absolutely correct. However, that one-time payment is all that is required.

So yea
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally speaking, it seems they are designed to be useful to players of all levels (although I think newer players definitely get more out of them). I have my doubts they want to change up something they probably feel is of little consequence
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Companion gear would only be useful to people who bought the Blackwood Chapter - this year that’s probably a good sized chunk of the player base, but as time goes on that number is going to go down.

A month of crafting mats would be interesting to see, though. Maybe give a random purple motif page once or twice? Something we can trade or sell if we already have it.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.