The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Escapist Poison IX and other poisons duration changes?

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
I just researched this for 10+ minutes and couldn't find an answer anywhere. Escapist Poison IX and others like it are listed as having durations for freezing the other player and making you immune to crown control for 4+ seconds online. However when I go to craft the poison it is level 150 only and those 2-effects above only last for about 1.5 seconds, not 3-times longer as a lot of sites list. Did poison get nerfed? If so, roughly when? Is there no way of making poisons that are level 160 or that have longer durations than 1.5 seconds for the most desirable effects?
Thank you.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have the passives that extend potion duration?
    In the alchemy skill line.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have them all. The poison still doesn't last as long as it used to. Many sites have the "old" descriptions of the poisons but I'm guessing they were all nerfed. If anyone can confirm and give more detail it's much appreciated. The Escapist Poison IX at such a short duration just isn't worth it IMO.
    Edited by malistorr on 10 January 2022 18:29
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding in more effects on a poison does reduce the length of time that it's applied.

Also, I think I recall them changing how poisons proc, so that they're more guaranteed (instead of a chance of a chance type thing), so they may have reduced the duration but increased the amount they proc. (I'm not certain on this though, as I don't play a stamina character that often, and almost never in content where it really matters)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    The chance is still 20% so as far as I know that didn't change. I just can't seem to find a way to get the duration higher like it used to be. So either I don't have the right recipe or they nerfed the duration on this as they probably thought it was too OP.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    The chance is still 20% so as far as I know that didn't change. I just can't seem to find a way to get the duration higher like it used to be. So either I don't have the right recipe or they nerfed the duration on this as they probably thought it was too OP.

I'm able to get a tooltip on Escapist Poison IX of 4.4 seconds using Wormwood, Columbine and Namira's Rot.

But single effect only, it has no additional effects.

PC NA
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks I got it. I guess I was confused by all the incorrect or outdated recipe information online and the fact that you can make several versions of the same potion that all have the same name but different effects.