The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Allow us to replay dungeon quests

joshisanonymous
joshisanonymous
✭✭✭✭
Considering how hard it is to put together any random group that is willing to wait through dialogue and such for dungeon quests, it's basically impossible to experience these stories, and once you've gone through them once, you lose the option to go back and listen to the story if you do manage to put together a group that actually wants to hear it.

I would propose, then, that dungeon quests become replayable but without providing any rewards after the first time. This way, there's no balance issue to consider, but you still have the possibility of some day actually hearing the story that goes along with the dungeon.
Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest finding a better guild if you have trouble putting together a group to run dungeons as is suggested in the first sentence.

I do understand there are probably many guilds with poor leadership that do nothing so their roster is full of players that have nothing to do with the guild, but I can attest that there are good guilds out there.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree to this. Could even come with some sort of reward, sort of like trial quests do. I mean we already have this option there, why not also put it in dungeons? Would give a little bit more incentive to run them, and would give those people who missed out on quest the first time a chance to re-do it. I mean, I am all for getting your own groups to get quests done, that's the way to go, but it's so easy to just complete them by accident...port in a dungeon you haven't done the quest in yet, accept the 'Blah blah event is starting, do you want?' popup without realizing it's starting the quest for you, then automatically talk to npc at the end and boo, done, once and for all, now your only way to actually read the quest is to do it on another character. I don't see any reason why we can't make this easier by making it a repeatable like in trials.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would LOVE this or a solo “storymode” options I want to be able to explore the full story of each dungeon, eventually, but it can take a while to find another 1-3 players interested in doing the same so I have to hold off on doing the quest on some characters and not forget which ones…
  • ancientgamedev
    ancientgamedev
    Soul Shriven
    How about a third mode for this type of content - Learner/Story. This way the bosses are squishier and the mobs are easier, but the same size. You can run those as many times as you want with no quest rewards like you would in normal/vet mode. Plus no mats or lore books or dungeon gear.

I find myself wanting to learn the mechs of the harder dungeons, but not wanting to subject others to my need of learning.

My guildmates are very helpful in this regard, but they are not always available for low-key dungeoneering.
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    I actually had a similar but also different idea.

The quest rewards a skillpoint after first completion, same as now. Upon second or more completions, a reward coffer with extra transmutes is given. Players can't repeat the quest on their own though, has to be shared via new player.

So now you go into the dungeon intending to speed run it, but then you get a prompt for the quest share with some pretty juicy rewards if you just slow down a tad.

BL: the way to fix this problem is to reward more experienced players for helping newer players out.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is already a massive thread about this same topic here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/595516/quest-mode-for-dungeons/p1

Happy reading! :D

p.s. Somewhere buried within the myriad of posts & hyperbole of that ^ robust thread is my idea to allow for a *purple ghost mode* (whereby players could re-run ANY dungeon whenever they feel like it, solo , just in spectator-mode to only experience storylines & quest dialogs & such ) .