The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Plucking the Crow

madman65
madman65
✭✭✭✭
To what I understand this is a daily quest, does that mean that it is once per day? If so then is this per account or character? If it is per character then gamers with 4 characters will collect enough Cursed Feathers, gamers with 3 characters or less will not make enough.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really sure what you are asking?

Regardless of whether it is account or character based, you have 8 character slots, so if it is character based and you want to do it multiple times, just make additional characters.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a euphemism to me.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it'll be once per day per character.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Yes, these are once per day, per character.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    madman65 wrote: »
    To what I understand this is a daily quest, does that mean that it is once per day? If so then is this per account or character? If it is per character then gamers with 4 characters will collect enough Cursed Feathers, gamers with 3 characters or less will not make enough.

I am not sure what characters have to do with amount of cursed feathers. Why can't 1 character just run in a circle and kill the same world bosses over and over until they get 50? I think there might be a 3 minute or 5 minute cooldown on plunder skull drop, but that seems like only limitation. Why would there be a limit on cursed feathers per character? Seems like a time sink more than anything else.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    madman65 wrote: »

From the blurb it says:

In addition to the above goodies, this year’s event also introduces a new daily quest, titled Plucking the Crow. This new quest is available each day from Witchmother Taerma, who is within Olyve’s Brewery AND at every Impresario tent in Tamriel. Her daily quest charges you with collecting 50 Cursed Feathers, found within Plunder Skull containers. Once you have collected all 50, you can transform them into an effigy that you can then use to transport yourself into a special realm to battle a new world boss monster—good luck!

You collect the feathers from plunder skulls, so not sure why having 3 or 4 or more characters would make a difference?
    You can collect as many plunder skulls as you like on one character, there is no limit (except on how much grinding you want to do!)
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... 50 plunder skull containers PER DAY? Or do you get more than one feather per plunder skull?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Wow... 50 plunder skull containers PER DAY? Or do you get more than one feather per plunder skull?

You might not even get one feather per plunder skull...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When this was on PTS the number of feathers per skull varied, but 10 per skull was the norm. From what I remember you can only get the feathers while you have the daily quest active, and once you get your 50 they stop on that character.

PC EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And perhaps if you do not manage your 50 on one day you can carry on and get the rest of them the next day yes?

The quest will not just disappear at midnight?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you go alone to this realm or will you meet others there?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we do go alone (which is what I'm guessing), then the boss is probably not excessively difficult to solo.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    Do all 50 feathers have to be collected on the same day? When you character takes the daily quest and collects less than 50 that day, can he continue collecting the rest on another day?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it works anything like other event quests where you need to collect something, anything you don't use on one day should carry over to the next. The fishing quest in Shadowfen is an example, where any extra fish you have can be banked or just held onto in inventory until the next day's quest or even until the next time the event comes around.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the world boss on PTS. No Spoilers, but it really is a scary one :o
    PC EU
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who for a second I thought this was going to be a thread about the new banker and merchants... :D

My envy is showing since I am stuck with the old ones! ;)

You can collect the feathers on all your chars and you don't have to do this all in one day. They do carry over.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what do we get when we kill the boss guy from this quest? Since its on the PTS.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please read the post from ZOS_Kevin this will clarify what will be needed. Make sure you have 4 characters.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got to this boss. Is it supposed to be group thing cos I seem to be on my own with it and it is not easy and has a stupid amount of adds

I feel sorry for anyone new.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Needs to be 'public' instance rather than the private one it is!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    You need to collect plundered skulls to get the feathers to fight the boss, and the reward for defeating the boss is more plundered skulls? And these plundered skulls don't count toward the the achievement for collecting the skulls.
    Do the reward skulls have something special in them?
    What is the incentive to this quest more than once?
  • Norgh
    Norgh
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah not enjoyable to solo this would not bother again.
    Xbox EU-UK Xbox Series X
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Needs to be 'public' instance rather than the private one it is!

I've given up. Not interested. I'm levelling up an alt. Starting to get event fatigue tbh.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best group up before entering the portal, it's instanced
    PC-EU
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5-7 feather's from a purple skull, double from a gold.

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? The reward for the boss is MORE plunder skulls which you had to get to get to the boss? That's just really disappointing in so many ways.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fyi, you need to accept the daily quest, or won't get any feathers from skulls.
    Seriously? The reward for the boss is MORE plunder skulls which you had to get to get to the boss? That's just really disappointing in so many ways.
    Yeah, I was expecting at least some kind of trinket. It was a nice event, but for 3 skulls?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not online yet, is there an achievement or anything like that for completing this boss more than once?
    Soupy twist
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its too bad that the other quest, makes you waste one of your plunder skulls before you realize its not the crow plucking quest.

A pain to make up 13 feathers but I guess I'll manage.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Seriously, this is all we get for defeating the boss that it took plunder skulls to get to begin with...? I was hoping for a unique reward at least. It seems so...pointless, especially without an achievement to at least celebrate the passage of another Halloween in ESO, or a reward that was only obtainable from this boss.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die