The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Need a super convenient house

moo_2021
moo_2021
✭✭✭✭
Looking to replace Sugar Bowl because I can't fit both the well, vampire utilities and crafting stations inside.

The usual needs: right next to wayshrine (no riding!), short distance to bank, okay distance to all crafting sites & writ board without doors. Fence would be nice but not as important.

Size and cost don't matter, but distance is important! Since I got everything in Sugar Bowl I saved a lot of time by jumping, selling & decon everything inside, then open the door to teleport, no time wasted, but now it's too small.

Does such a house exist? The usual suggestions - Sleek Creek and Alinor are both too far way from wayshrine.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one that springs to mind immediately is the home in Leyawiin that you can buy with gold, it's not too far from wayshrine and crafting area. Bank is behind door though.
    Edited by TheImperfect on 7 September 2021 15:31
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    Looking to replace Sugar Bowl because I can't fit both the well, vampire utilities and crafting stations inside.

The usual needs: right next to wayshrine (no riding!), short distance to bank, okay distance to all crafting sites & writ board without doors.

If you find a place close to crafting stations why do you need them inside your house?
    PCNA
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek, thought the house itself is a bit puny. It has a good sized court yard, it near a town with crafting stations, writ drop offs, a shrine, and you are a hop skip and jump away from an outlaw refuge.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on 7 September 2021 17:05
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with that. You might as well just pick a house close to a wayshrine and then just port to Vardenfell crafting center for everything else.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek, thought the house itself is a bit puny. It has a good sized court yard, it near a town with crafting stations, writ drop offs, a shrine, and you are a hop skip and jump away from an outlaw refuge.

I use this house as a base for doing town activities for all those reasons. Being able to access the outlaw refuge without having to go through town and dodge guards is a huge plus, because I do enjoy thievery. :smile:
    PCNA
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭

The usual needs: right next to wayshrine (no riding!), short distance to bank, okay distance to all crafting sites & writ board without doors.

If you find a place close to crafting stations why do you need them inside your house?

For instant deconstruction to clear my inventory :P

All right I did some measurements with wild hunt and speed cp:

- tiny Sugar bowl: 1k to wayshrine, 3.5k to bank

- Alinor: 4.5k stamina to wayshrine, 6k to bank
    - Cliffshade: 4k to wayshrine, 9k to bank
    - Proudspire: 2.5k to wayshrine, 5.5k to bank. Stablemaster outside of city gate.
    - Sleek: 5.5k to wayshrine
    - Water's Edge: 7k to wayshrine, next to bank

Proudspire looks okay but the inside is .... uhm, low ceiling, all walls no garden, don't like that >_<

No good option so far.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few seconds to get from one place to another seems pretty quick to me.
    PCNA
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @moo_2021 I am a very efficient person who does 12 character writs every day. What I do is simply use the Travel Outside of House function. You can use whatever house you want while still having an efficient gateway to your crafting writs. I either port outside Sugar Bowl for writs or Water's Edge to swing by that manor (chance for rare furnishing plans) on the way to it. But the Leyawiin bank is not very convenient.

Nowadays I would say having your player house close to everything is purely for roleplay, otherwise i could just port there. (My main house is Earthtear cavern. Love that place but far away from anything.) Just pick your favorite house and use your apartments/other houses as wayshrines.

If you want a convenient free place then you could fix up the Hall of Lunar Champion. Free, equal distance to bank and crafting area. Rimmen is small and my go-to, I leave most my characters parked there. Mount upgrade halfway between writ turn-in and crafting area. Wayshrine in the center in the open. Barely any obstacles, super convenient.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I park my characters in Stormhold so the Ample Domicile is pretty good for me.
    It's unfortunately on the other side of Stormhold so it's not next to a wayshrine. You'd have to ride through the small town.
    Other than that it does fit everything else.
    PS | EU
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »
    @moo_2021 I am a very efficient person who does 12 character writs every day. What I do is simply use the Travel Outside of House function. You can use whatever house you want while still having an efficient gateway to your crafting writs. I either port outside Sugar Bowl for writs or Water's Edge to swing by that manor (chance for rare furnishing plans) on the way to it. But the Leyawiin bank is not very convenient.

Nowadays I would say having your player house close to everything is purely for roleplay, otherwise i could just port there. (My main house is Earthtear cavern. Love that place but far away from anything.) Just pick your favorite house and use your apartments/other houses as wayshrines.

If you want a convenient free place then you could fix up the Hall of Lunar Champion. Free, equal distance to bank and crafting area. Rimmen is small and my go-to, I leave most my characters parked there. Mount upgrade halfway between writ turn-in and crafting area. Wayshrine in the center in the open. Barely any obstacles, super convenient.

I pretty much teleport to the front door of all my homes. With add-ons it's pretty much a one button process. As side from my main home I rarely see the inside of my homes.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »

Thanks. I do have that, but it still takes too long as I use my homes for all teleports to save gold. will check coldharbour and a few others tomorrow but I guess it has t obe either Alinor or the ugly Proudspire...
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Stone Eagle Aerie was currently for sale you’d be able to travel to your home and use the exit directly to the Outlaws Refuge if you had a bounty.

It’s also close to a wayshrine but I can’t remember exactly where the crafting stations are in Markarth because I have some in my house there. There is a bank there but it’s behind an annoying loading screen.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I do have that, but it still takes too long as I use my homes for all teleports to save gold. will check coldharbour and a few others tomorrow but I guess it has t obe either Alinor or the ugly Proudspire...

Proudspire Manor isn't ugly! It's one of my favorite houses and I love how I've decorated it. If you are on PC NA I'll give you a tour and show you how pretty it can be!
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 8 September 2021 05:12
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about the other house in Rimmen that you get the tablet pieces for completing Northern/southern elsweyr and the 2 DLC dungeons? That would be plenty big enough
    Soupy twist
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    How about the other house in Rimmen that you get the tablet pieces for completing Northern/southern elsweyr and the 2 DLC dungeons? That would be plenty big enough

yes but too far...
    Proudspire Manor isn't ugly! It's one of my favorite houses and I love how I've decorated it. If you are on PC NA I'll give you a tour and show you how pretty it can be!

Thanks, I'm on PC EU only. Bought it anyway as I ran out of options and need something fast.

It is now listed on open house: crafting, banker, merchant, the well and vampire utilities.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of the ridiculous amount of houses and apartments I have, I still go back to the Gardner House on a daily basis for everything, despite having a monster sized primary I rarely set foot in anymore. The Gardner place is not too big, not too small, fits all my crafting and transmuste station, is convenient to everything in town, and has an adorable garden outside where you can listen to the rainfall or crickets at night. Bliss <3
    Edited by Soulshine on 24 September 2021 13:28
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my most used house is Ald Velothi Harbour even though I have some of the bigger homes.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, I bought them but gave up because they're still too far away from wayshrines and banks.

Instead I managed to fit all services into the sugar bowl suite:
    Gi2fVZ3.jpgmD6zfOS.jpg4rhG0LD.jpgWmkXqRm.jpg
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @moo_2021 Fabulous use of the space!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surprised nobody mentioned Ravenhurst.
    • 3500 crowns for 400 furnishing slots
    • Wayshrine outside front door
    • Load directly into the home. No front yard that wastes extra loading time.
    • Big enough back yard for crafting stations, dummy, etc.
    • Cozy tavern vibe
    Yes there's no bank nearby but you can sprint to the wayshrine in < 10 seconds.

gDg1HPq.png

xe5lZiM.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 12 October 2021 05:15
    PC NA
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be among those who advise Sleek Creek but if that's not your cup of tea consider Mournoth Keep. Wayshrine right outside the door, plenty of room for your stuff. Downside is it's still a wayshrine trip to Evermore to access bank, etc.

For me, I have my crafting stations and my banker and merchant in the barn of my Linchal. The only thing I need a regular bank for is access to my trading guild. So I hop to Mournith and then to Evermore to do my writs and sell. Works well enough and worlds better than the early days before housing.
    Edited by MornaBaine on 12 October 2021 12:43
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really aren't any good houses that meet all of your requirements, but I will have to say that Cyrodilic Jungle House has one of the shortest distances to a wayshrine I've seen in any house. I still warp to it as a quick way to get to a wayshrine if I'm in the middle of nowhere and don't want to pay for direct warping.

It's also fairly bigger than the inn rooms, so you can fit all your stuff in it and comes with an outside area/garden.

It's just not near any crafting stations or banks, but you can easily warp to a place like Leyawiin, where crafting stations and bank are right next to the wayshrine you just got out of.

If you want to stay in the same zone, there's also Velyn Harbor (if you finished the quest there; not a very long quest) and have crafting stations and a bank. Velyn Harbor has all crafting stations in the middle of the town, and a bank a few steps from that.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodilic Jungle House was my first non-inn home and so I have soft spot for this place. It's a bargain for price and has a good size courtyard.
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    Build extra platforms. Give yourself more workable space. I do this with just about every house I use.
    But, you can use Hall of the Lunar Champion. Its free once you complete the Northern Els storyline.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here. It would be nice if ZoS added a home that had portals inside the house that took you to various main city wayshrines. Or even SELL wayshrine portals for inside the home that were each tied to a bigger city portal.
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. It would be nice if ZoS added a home that had portals inside the house that took you to various main city wayshrines. Or even SELL wayshrine portals for inside the home that were each tied to a bigger city portal.

You do know that if you own a house you can port to the OUTSIDE of the door right? Get the inn room in Rimmen. Right next to a wayshrine. If I can't find someone from a guild in a zone I'm headed to... --> Rimmen --> Anywhere

If they add any kind of housing portals, they should add portals that allow players to link their own homes so you don't have to have that 3rd party mod.
    Edited by Starbridge84 on 14 October 2021 17:47
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Surprised nobody mentioned Ravenhurst.
    • 3500 crowns for 400 furnishing slots
    • Wayshrine outside front door
    • Load directly into the home. No front yard that wastes extra loading time.
    • Big enough back yard for crafting stations, dummy, etc.
    • Cozy tavern vibe
    Yes there's no bank nearby but you can sprint to the wayshrine in < 10 seconds.

gDg1HPq.png

xe5lZiM.png

And it's also available for gold as well, ~300k iirc.