The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blackwood completely broken in Mac, not worth buying it

vgabor
vgabor
✭✭✭✭✭
Crashfest left and right, both public dungeon (especially the zenithar abbey), overland world bosses or simply just riding from skyshard to skyshard all can crash the game in Blackwood on Mac. Got 10 crashes just over 2.5 hour while trying to collect skyshards and doing the two public dungeon:
6vejintbnzv4.png

Absolutely not worth spending any money on it until it gets fixed.

Edited by vgabor on 16 September 2021 00:09
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    Crashfest left and right, both public dungeon (especially the zenithar abbey), overland world bosses or simply just riding from skyshard to skyshard all can crash the game in Blackwood on Mac. Got 10 crashes just over 2.5 hour while trying to collect skyshards and doing the two public dungeon:
    6vejintbnzv4.png

Absolutely not worth spending any money on it until it gets fixed.

I bought the subscription in April for a year, thinking "oh, such a great game, amazing people behind it". They're not. That was back when I was on Windows still.

I migrated my entire household to Apple's ecosystem recently mainly for work purposes but also because Mac generally is a lot better, Apple's devices communicate with another much smoother—an experience unlike another, and more stable than Windows, and this is coming from someone who used Windows for over 20 years, so I think I can be a judge.

Thus I bought the Mac, etc, and wanted to play ESO, since it's advertised as "Mac-ready". It is not. It is a complete scam. The game does not work at all. Crashes on my client constantly too, by just trying to teleport from zone to zone, nothing else. My setup meets the recommended system requirements. I tried everything, from super low to super high details, with the only difference being that super high details drastically reduce performance. I submitted crash logs. They will tell you to submit a ticket that will end up in their "do not care, do not fix" bin.

There are solutions, but they won't accept to help with any:
    • They will not refund you for your lapsing ESO+, they don't care, thus I'm left with 7 months left of my subscription that I cannot play at all. That was 120 €.
    • They will not change your account to Stadia so you can play in the cloud, because they want you to buy the game again, and start over.
    • They will not re-add the game to GFN so you can play your PC version in the cloud, because it's not a new purchase, thus they will not make money in that way.
    • They did not, up until this point, fix any of the bugs, and it doesn't look like they will fix anything for the Mac. Perhaps something to do with them being acquired by Microsoft, and Microsoft heavily pushing for their Xcloud.
    They don't care.

This is coming from someone who spent decent money since I own most Collector's Editions, and, if you had a look at my account you could price it very high.

They don't care about us. We need to spread the word so no one cares to spend on them either.
    Edited by Inoki on 17 September 2021 07:17