Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Writs - Are They Worth It?

rauyran
rauyran
✭✭✭✭
I get a lot of master writs and I've been doing them to get writ vouchers which I use for buying research scrolls. Now I am close to completing all research on my crafter I'm wondering whether it's worth doing the master writs any more. There doesn't seem to be much to buy with the vouchers apart from some motifs and furniture plans, many of which I already have.

Also, apart from writ vouchers, is there any benefit to doing a gold master writ? They don't seem to award more gold or experience.

It would be cool if turning in a master writ had a chance to reward you with a rare style or trait material.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Master Writs, Blue, Purple, Gold give the same experience. I think the best benefit to Master Writs is doing a bunch of them while under an Experience Booster, even better during an Experience Boosting Event. You can get ton of exp doing writs. If you are on PC, there is an addon that automates the process so you can do this in a matter of minutes in a guild hall. I usually 60 to 100 of them.

Then, I buy up the Rare Recipes and other goodies from the two vendors. I have multiple houses, so i put a base set of crafting stations in most of them. It also helps to have a Transmute and an Outfit station.

So, there are things to do with the Vouchers.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    All Master Writs, Blue, Purple, Gold give the same experience. I think the best benefit to Master Writs is doing a bunch of them while under an Experience Booster, even better during an Experience Boosting Event. You can get ton of exp doing writs. If you are on PC, there is an addon that automates the process so you can do this in a matter of minutes in a guild hall. I usually 60 to 100 of them.
    Then, I buy up the Rare Recipes and other goodies from the two vendors. I have multiple houses, so i put a base set of crafting stations in most of them. It also helps to have a Transmute and an Outfit station.
    So, there are things to do with the Vouchers.

agree.gif

I have several hundred stashed away waiting for the next double XP event. That should give me a nice bump in my CP level.
    mueba.gif

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be noted that consumable master writs give slightly lower xp than the equipment ones. Some are worth doing, some are not. The fluctuating price of mats tends to shift the usefulness of some types as the voucher reward doesn't take the shifting market into account.

Most gold clothing and all gold jewelry are a loss. You might barely break even on jewelry blue and purple. The provisioning 40 voucher and any enchanting requiring Hakeijo are worthless other than to sell to someone that doesn't realize this. Many purple blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking are very good gold:voucher ratio especially if you can do them in bulk. If you're buying, watch out for writs that require "etched" style mats or rare mats required for furnishings. They may not be worth it for you to use those valuable materials. These guidelines are based on PC/NA. Different servers with different mat prices may get more or less value from certain writs.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rauyran wrote: »
    I get a lot of master writs and I've been doing them to get writ vouchers which I use for buying research scrolls. Now I am close to completing all research on my crafter I'm wondering whether it's worth doing the master writs any more. There doesn't seem to be much to buy with the vouchers apart from some motifs and furniture plans, many of which I already have.

Also, apart from writ vouchers, is there any benefit to doing a gold master writ? They don't seem to award more gold or experience.

It would be cool if turning in a master writ had a chance to reward you with a rare style or trait material.

attunable tables sell for 225k each
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    attunable tables sell for 225k each

I had no idea... that changes things somewhat!
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my gold comes from them by selling attunable stations plus anything I get from motifs.

It’s an easy 200k+ a week for not a lot of effort when you get started.

And as other say you can stack them and use during double xp, help to level skills etc as well
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I make good gold selling Attunable's, Research Vouchers and transmute stations, so it's totally worth it.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do I really want to waste 8 gold tempers to get 71 vouchers?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »

Depends on how many you have, I guess. Gold master writs have a better return on vouchers for me because I need purple mats for furnishings. I have more gold mats than purple. Both gold MWs and purple MWs require the same number of purple mats to make.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope.

but i only do the ones that are worth 100+ vouchers.

jewelry i will do purple ones that are 185 + and golds that are 600+ vouchers.

i dont bother with alchemy or enchanting unless the enchanting ones are 40 vouchers.

and provisioning i only do the 40 voucher ones.

but i sell 10-20 attunable tables per week --- and i buy the purple grab bags with the hlaalu plans -- the telvanni organic plans all go for 70-100k -- and the telvanni lanterns and lamps and sconces go for big money also
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They were worth it a couple of years ago when material prices were half of what they are now. I've had my fill back then. Nowadays I just sell the master writs and materials and make quite a lot of gold every day.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope.

i dont bother with alchemy or enchanting unless the enchanting ones are 40 vouchers.

but i sell 10-20 attunable tables per week --- and i buy the purple grab bags with the hlaalu plans -- the telvanni organic plans all go for 70-100k -- and the telvanni lanterns and lamps and sconces go for big money also

Which platform are you on? On PC/NA, the 40 enchanting and provisioning would be made at an incredible loss while the lower alchemy and enchanting returns are quite high for the material cost involved. I'd have to buy a 2 Perfect Roe for 35k+ gold each in order to get those 40 vouchers, which would lead to losing about 30k gold per writ once I convert those vouchers into attunable stations and sell them. Perhaps on your platform, Perfect Roe has not yet become quite so valuable. I have a similar issue with gold jewelry. At 225k per gold plating and 60k per purple plating, the cost to do a gold jewelry master writ is about 1 million gold. That's a loss of 400k gold on a 600 voucher writ once converted into vouchers sold at 1000g per voucher. Why do the writ for 600k gold when you can just sell the mats you would have used for 1 million and trash the writ?
    Edited by redspecter23 on 11 September 2021 20:22
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really wish we could add Rolis Hlaalu to our homes.

This would make it so much easier for us console peasants without the benefit of add-ons. Sure, ZOS has added stuff to the base game to make them easier to do but when you must continually deal with loading screens to really get the added benefit of the new features then it doesn’t really help that much when you have more then a few to do.

Stay safe everyone and ZOS please fix the green tree micromanaging :)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no..no they are totally not worth it.

Give them to me I will take them off your hands.....

@newtinmpls PC NA
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope.

Which platform are you on? On PC/NA, the 40 enchanting and provisioning would be made at an incredible loss while the lower alchemy and enchanting returns are quite high for the material cost involved. I'd have to buy a 2 Perfect Roe for 35k+ gold each in order to get those 40 vouchers, which would lead to losing about 30k gold per writ once I convert those vouchers into attunable stations and sell them. Perhaps on your platform, Perfect Roe has not yet become quite so valuable. I have a similar issue with gold jewelry. At 225k per gold plating and 60k per purple plating, the cost to do a gold jewelry master writ is about 1 million gold. That's a loss of 400k gold on a 600 voucher writ once converted into vouchers sold at 1000g per voucher. Why do the writ for 600k gold when you can just sell the mats you would have used for 1 million and trash the writ?

xbox na. -- i get roe for 10k each -- purple plates for 20-25k each and gold plates for 75-80k each -when i have to buy them --- i am a hoarder and have a metric ton of mats. .

but -- i get the xp from doing the writs -- and the attunable tables to sell.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's subjective, but in my experience, only the consumable ones are. I like to spend as little money on materials and as little time farming them as humanly possible, so I've gotten my writ/survey cycle down to a science. With the amount of master writs I get now, the equipment ones are too much of a strain on my resources, and thus they're no longer worth doing. All's well though, as it gives me something I can donate to my guild.

Consumables on the other hand, well, I basically have those materials in limitless supply so they're always worth doing. I don't, however, do the gold ones, or any enchanting writs that ask for Hakeijo. These ones are also great for quickly leveling alts or skill morphs too.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I collect jewelry writs from people that just trash them. I sort through them and keep the ones I plan on doing and toss the rest. The cost of saved time for CP grinding is the goal if I can save 10 hours of grinding it's worth it because in that 10 hours I can recoup what I spent.