The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Camera Spinning and Constant Crashes

murgandy
murgandy
✭✭
I just came back to ESO after a long break and have unfortunately found it unplayable. I can get into the game and even load my character, but about a third of the time I end up with the insane camera spins when it finally loads and I have to restart. On the times when it loads properly I only have a limited amount of time before it crashes to the desktop.

Crashes occur when:
- Daedric anchors - as soon as the main baddie is about to drop it crashes, every time (have tried about a dozen times)
- Travel - I am currently trapped in Gryphon Garret because every time I try to travel it crashes
- Often crashes when just fighting a couple enemies

I've been able to play for longer than a few minutes as long as I am doing things such as rearranging furniture in a house, crafting, and using the crown store, but that's about it.

I have deleted all add-ons, completely redownloaded/re-installed the game, paid to upgrade to Blackwood in case that was a bug (didn't work, but now I have a new chapter I can't play, grump). I have gone into System preferences -> accessibility and not only checked and unchecked the ESO/ Zenimax boxes, but actually deleted and re-added them because even their checkboxes had frozen. I've also made sure that I am playing in full window mode. My computer meets system requirements (2017 MacBook Pro, latest Big Sur OS). I have tried to the use the Game Consultant wizard, but it also freezes every time (though it doesn't crash - just the spinning wheel of doom).

Any advice would be welcome! I am pulling my hair out over here. Thanks in advance!
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an old bug that comes and goes. I use to have the solution memorized but not any more.

Look here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6617583#Comment_6617583

Also, if that doesn't work there are literally dozens of threads about this. Try to find the most recent and see what their fix was.

Good luck!
  • murgandy
    murgandy
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for your response!

The fix you linked is the one I clumsily referred to in my initial post, and it definitely reduced the rate of the spinning (huzzah!). Otherwise I've been trawling these threads for a few days trying all the tips and tricks posted to no avail, and given the age of some of them I thought it was worth checking if there were any new ideas.

Anyway, thanks again! Will keep trying.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @murgandy

You can get additional help by contacting customer support with a ticket for further help troubleshooting these crashes.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post