Not a Meta

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I am sort of tanky and healy...and like it. But when it comes to grouping, I usually drop my bow and pick up the resto staff. Then hang back, heal and heavy attack to recharge.
I like the tanky-ness for PVE....I just outlast the bosses. I am ok with that.

When it comes to PvP, I am basically a free kill...I suck.

Looking for a group - MST - that is easy going. With some time and experience...maybe one day I can do a trial.
And yeah, run around PvP land, get better and get out there more!

But do I have to take on a meta build. which to me means dedicated 64 attrib points in one area...

Thoughts on this. Or will...I be last pick....like in school gym during dodgeball....(do they still play that?)

Tanks!

Z
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    In pvp i run 32 health and 32 magicka and I'm really fine with that, obviously this Is because of my equip, mundus, enchant, class, Race and CP setup.

The only group PvE I play Is random dungeon, everything else I prefer to solo and do my best to complete what I can, I have never been a fan of group PvE so in this section I can't really help You.

I have understand One thing, if You do your job (both in pvp and pve) Is fine, but Remember: there are Always two kind of person: One which accept unique playstyle as long as they work so non meta builds are fine as long as You do what You are supposed to do, and then there are people Who complains about meta regardless your skill level, your proven capabilities with your build and anything else, mainly because they want the perfection to perfect everything in the minimum time possible.

Skill yourself, find whatever works for You (meta or not), reach the best from what You are playing and see if It works out in the content You are doing, if the content gets completed without much troubles, You have done your job pretty fine with something that You enjoy.

This Is my point of view.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Icy_Nelyan that you so much for that perspective

Are you more dps or tanky? Interesting split
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    Is a pretty strange build, I run a Breton DK with 28.2k health, 33k Spell res and 23/24k armor res (both buffed), around 4.8k Spell damage (buffed), around 9k penetration, with something around 28k magicka, cirt resistente of 30%; everything considering CP, without CP stata a bit lower but not so much.

It Is supposed to be a more DPS build but since I almost 99% play alone and do group contents in solo and pvp, the defenses are pretty much required; during pve I don't use a DPS Meter but before u30 I was generating around 20k DPS in veteran dungeons against bosses with Just my buffs and the build had mostly the same stata but running different sets.

Consider anyway that in pvp I die anyway (there are people be able to throw 4 to 6 skills in Just 2/3 secs generating more the 30k damage), sometime because people generate more pressure then me, some other time because I'm not a Tank and can't hold block for decades (and the build Is built around blocking, my block cost Just 800 stamina and I'm with around 16k stamina and can absorb 73% damage) so After a while I Just die lol, sometime because I'm Just dumb.

The build can resist against 2 people playing good but have to find a way to get away from the fight or I'll die, this build Is for a 1v1, I cannot in anyway fight more people at once defendinf muself while damaging others, maybe there Is a way but as I said I'm not so skilled and sometime Also 1v1 I die so Hard against people Who are fast like a lightning and generate my entire health in damage in Just a second or maybe two.

My build Is fine, me Is another matter ahahahah
    Edited by Icy_Nelyan on 6 June 2021 23:38
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Icy_Nelyan wrote: »
    Is a pretty strange build, I run a Breton DK with 28.2k health, 33k Spell res and 23/24k armor res (both buffed), around 4.8k Spell damage (buffed), around 9k penetration, with something around 28k magicka, cirt resistente of 30%; everything considering CP, without CP stata a bit lower but not so much.

It Is supposed to be a more DPS build but since I almost 99% play alone and do group contents in solo and pvp, the defenses are pretty much required; during pve I don't use a DPS Meter but before u30 I was generating around 20k DPS in veteran dungeons against bosses with Just my buffs and the build had mostly the same stata but running different sets.

Consider anyway that in pvp I die anyway (there are people be able to throw 4 to 6 skills in Just 2/3 secs generating more the 30k damage), sometime because people generate more pressure then me, some other time because I'm not a Tank and can't hold block for decades (and the build Is built around blocking, my block cost Just 800 stamina and I'm with around 16k stamina and can absorb 73% damage) so After a while I Just die lol, sometime because I'm Just dumb.

The build can resist against 2 people playing good but have to find a way to get away from the fight or I'll die, this build Is for a 1v1, I cannot in anyway fight more people at once defendinf muself while damaging others, maybe there Is a way but as I said I'm not so skilled and sometime Also 1v1 I die so Hard against people Who are fast like a lightning and generate my entire health in damage in Just a second or maybe two.

My build Is fine, me Is another matter ahahahah

Solid!
    This is what I love to hear! not having to pick and choose a 'side' or one of the class trinity

More impressive you are pvp...because it seems to be dps is king. you have to kill as fast as you can to play pvp...and I handily provide target practice for these people. I would never consider 'tanking' in pvp, because there is no such thing. Same with healers - what are they going to do, just heal themselves while getting beaten on.

I am a little more tanky for PVE because health buys me time and occasionally I can just grind down a boss.
    But do enjoy Stam abilities. And keep a little magicka back for healz (templar yo!)

With companions, there might be more flexibility - let Mirri heal me!

Tanks!