Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Always auto-joining Voice Chat... normal???

SpiritofESO
SpiritofESO
✭✭✭
Even though I exit Voice Chat manually the game ALWAYS auto-enter me into Voice Chat on a regular basis.

If this is a bug, please fix. If it is not a bug PLEASE FIX even more! :smiley:

Exiting Voice Chat manually should be a one-and-done until such time as we wish to manually enter Voice Chat.

:smiley:
  • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
  • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
  • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
  • "Adapt or Die"
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is really annoying.
  • count_dingo
    count_dingo
    ✭✭✭
    Many details left out of the OP. To clarify my experience with this bug, which started immediately after the Blackreach update 4 days ago
    1) I get added to AREA chat automatically every time I log into a character.
    2) It also automatically unmutes my mic (I'm on a PS5, which means I have a mic "connected" at all times), which I keep muted intentionally.
    3) Load screens (e.g., zone changes, leaving a dungeon or trial, etc.) after leaving AREA chat places me BACK in it, with mic unmuted again
    4) I have a PS4 Pro 1TB and a PS5 both running ESO in the same room. After logging in on the PS4 and leaving area chat, the issue has not reoccured on the PS4 (like, at all, through multiple days of logging in and out, changing characters, etc.) There is an older 500GB PS4 running it upstairs, and his issue matches mine (continually joining), and he runs nearly 100% Cyrodiil.
    5) Joining a group places me in group chat. This behavior is intended and expected, and *not* what this issue details.
    Edited by count_dingo on 13 June 2021 02:02
  • count_dingo
    count_dingo
    ✭✭✭
    Those with the issue, please list your platform:
    PS5 or PS4 (model may or may not help, such as slim, 1TB, Pro, etc.)
    Edited by count_dingo on 13 June 2021 01:58
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get put in zone voice chat every time I log in, and I immediately exit channel.

Switching toons it stays off if already logged in. Next time I log in, same thing, back in zone voice chat.

This is extremely annoying. We cannot turn off zone text chat on PS4 without completely disabling all text chat (including guild text chat) and now we are forced into zone voice chat. Both of these are horribly offensive.

PS4 Pro 1 TB
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me. PS4 NA always put in area chat. Also constantly get PS4 notification that someone has invited me to a group in game. Really annoying.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS5 - put in area chat each time I log in, mic is muted though. I don't want to be in there though, I would leave when I create a new character and it should stay that way.

Please also get rid of the psn notifications whenever I invite someone to a group. I know I invited them to a group. I don't need the system to tell me what I just did
    Soupy twist
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody mentioned how voice chat is also bugged and at times you can't join any voice chats.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody mentioned how voice chat is also bugged and at times you can't join any voice chats.

I've had that on Xbox, as well as it saying 0 participants, or the error that voice chat it down. One guy in my guild had voice chat half working, he could hear us but we couldn't hear him.

Very few others commented on my post though in the bug report forum, so not sure if it's just that we need to delete our save data or follow one of the steps, or if it's legit bugged.
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • count_dingo
    count_dingo
    ✭✭✭
    It has been working for me, but I have heard people in my guilds complaining about it. The workaround has been to restart the game. Thanks for bringing this up.
    Krulzuk wrote: »
    I've had that on Xbox, as well as it saying 0 participants, or the error that voice chat it down. One guy in my guild had voice chat half working, he could hear us but we couldn't hear him.

[snip] or if it's legit bugged.
    It is buggy and broken in some ways. Whether this is the same bug on xbox, I can't say.

I don't know if it's related, but friends list always says I have no friends, too. Have to find them via search or guild roster.
    Edited by count_dingo on 13 June 2021 18:20
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    PS5 - put in area chat each time I log in, mic is muted though. I don't want to be in there though, I would leave when I create a new character and it should stay that way.

Please also get rid of the psn notifications whenever I invite someone to a group. I know I invited them to a group. I don't need the system to tell me what I just did

Been having this same issue since Blackwood dropped, I play on PS5/NA. Thankfully my mic stays muted unlike some others here.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really wish they tested this stuff on an actual console before just dumping it on everyone.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are the team aware that chat is completely broken on console.

On xbox eu, guild chat doesn't work for barely anyone. Either says it's unavailable or just doesn't let you join, which varies from character to character.

Also, you can hear random group chats that you're not in.

In Cyrodiil the other day, people could hear group chats of other alliances.
    Edited by Brrrofski on 14 June 2021 08:50
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Every PC player reading this be like

9bfa64a3edc4d83773b37c9141341370.gif
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are the team aware that chat is completely broken on console.

On xbox eu, guild chat doesn't work for barely anyone. Either says it's unavailable or just doesn't let you join, which varies from character to character.

Also, you can hear random group chats that you're not in.

In Cyrodiil the other day, people could hear group chats of other alliances.

I'm also curious if the team is aware that in game voice chat has been super buggy since Blackwood. I'm not big on Xbox party chat, but our guild has had to resort to it in order to not have people just locked out/having to restart every time they touch a new group/channel/etc.

Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • Gatefan2004
    Gatefan2004
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue on PS4 Pro. No issue with voice chat before the latest update but now it enables it every time I log in. I intentionally have never bought a headset for any console I own because I dislike voice chat. Please fix it so I can leave it disabled until I decide to turn it on. I have no desire to hear what other players are saying in area chat.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another small issue is, that whenever you port to another zone, the loading screen still shows a name from area chat in the bottom right, even though area chat isn't active anymore.
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭
    I have this issue every time I log in, switch zones, or switch toons. I can leave area chat, and will automatically ve put right back in EVERY SINGLE TIME, NO MATTER WHAT. It is highly annoying. Same goes for the notifications when grouping or logging in when already grouped. PS4 slim 500gb. PLEASE for the love of all that is (or isn't..whatever floats your boat) holy, FIX this!!!
  • ScaniX
    ScaniX
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this came with the update. PS5
    PS5 - Dolchsturz - Werwolfzauberer & Vampirtempler
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox Series X - Even though I'm in an Xbox party, people in zone chat can still hear me. So my voice is coming through on Xbox party chat & zone chat at the same time.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, thanks for all your reports on this. Just wanted to touch on a few things called out:
    1. It is intended that you automatically join zone chat
    2. It is NOT intended that you automatically join with talk enabled - this is a bug that we will fix in a future incremental patch
    3. It is also not intended that you can hear chat across alliances, which we're also working on fixing
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • cosplayerrain
    cosplayerrain
    ✭✭
    I was solo playing and ppl in many different zones ended up in a group chat with me, without ever being in a group.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Is it intended to be talking in Xbox Party and while in an Xbox party if also in an in-game chat, the in-game chat channel will hear you also?

Such as being in Guild Chat 1 in-game and an Xbox Party, with your Xbox options being "party chat"(not game chat), and still being heard in both Xbox and Guild Chat 1?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, thanks for all your reports on this. Just wanted to touch on a few things called out:
    2. It is NOT intended that you automatically join with talk enabled - this is a bug that we will fix in a future incremental patch
    3. It is also not intended that you can hear chat across alliances, which we're also working on fixing

Can we please have a setting to be able to choose whether to join zone chat automatically. Its not a chat area I ever use, and as soon as I create a character the first thing I do is turn off area chat (even before going to options and changing my preferences). It took me 4 years to even join a guild and talk to someone, the thought of hearing randoms when I am not expecting it just gives me high blood pressure thinking about it.

Its not something I remember seeing in the patch notes, and of course wouldn't have been flagged in PTS, as PC/MAC don't have that function.

Thanks
    Edited by fizl101 on 16 June 2021 13:54
    Soupy twist
  • rossi789
    rossi789
    ✭✭

Why is it intended to automatically join zone chat? No one wants that.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rossi789 wrote: »

Why is it intended to automatically join zone chat? No one wants that.

Gotta agree with that. I love the fact that chats don't automatically switch for you anymore. When I'm in guild chat I never liked that it switched me to group chat when I joined a group, so that's a great change.
    Why keep the last annoying remains of the game deciding you want to be in a particular chat automatically?
  • desndb
    desndb
    ✭✭✭
    Since the patch that has forced me into zone chat I have been subjected to...

Random people yelling at their children and SOs.
    Loud obnoxious music.
    All manner of foul language.
    And the occasional conversation of how to make good tea.

I do NOT like being forced into this!

I mean sure, I can just leave the channel, and I do... But I still have to hear it until I can leave.

This is Not cool!
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like once you manually leave zone chat you shouldn't be forced to rejoin it. Just seems like common sense to me.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • nellonen
    nellonen
    Stuff like this should always be opt-in. Please reconsider this!
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    This may have been the worst change in the history of eso. Talk to any console player and everyone would say zone chat makes your ears bleed.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add to my last reply, I quickly looked at the patch notes and there was nothing about these changes which is disheartening. How can you change something with the update and not put it in patch notes?

Second, the fixes you do mention were not fixed. I still at times cannot join voice chats, the menu screen will not allow you to join guild, group, or zone. The only way I have found to fix this is to fully close the game and reopen it. This is extremely annoying since there have been a ton of disconnects when traveling into trial instances, usually around 4 to 6 each time I have joined into rockgrove. Also you don't get kicked out of group chat anymore when in a load screen but, you still lose chat and cannot talk or hear anyone in chat. When the load screen is over you will still be in chat and able to hear them.

To sum this up, everyone on console dislikes the new change and wants nothing to do with zone chat so reverting that feature will save a lot of complaints on here and tickets being submitted since everyone thinks it is a bug. Then all the fixes in the patch notes didn't actually fix any of the problems we were having.