The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS5 Upgrade not available, Disc required for digital edition?

• rdefonseka69
    rdefonseka69
    Soul Shriven
    It’s fixed for me now. Download in progress. Thanks
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can’t find it use the search menu and search elder, should be right there in the first row “ps5 free upgrade”

This worked thank you

Odd it is showing the 102 gb size instead of the 89 they said it was but as long as it works whatever
  • MrSpaM
    MrSpaM
    ✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »
    If you can’t find it use the search menu and search elder, should be right there in the first row “ps5 free upgrade”

This worked thank you

Odd it is showing the 102 gb size instead of the 89 they said it was but as long as it works whatever

Its showing 82GB to download for me
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    MrSpaM wrote: »
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    I get that. But it’s not like the game is broken or unplayable. Just the upgraded version of the game you wanted isn’t ready when we expected it to be. It happens. It’ll be working soon enough. Rule of thumb is don’t make plans on launch day for eso. Ever. It never goes as planned and that’s just how it is.

Or the devs could actually test things and not release them before they’re ready lol

This is not a ZOS thing, this is entirely a Sony issue. ZOS has no control how their product is purchased on the PSN store. Sony needs to rectify how it can be purchased. If you buy the base game again the PS5 version does work.

Some repurchased the game and still have no access to the ps5 version. I don’t understand this post

Everyone I know that have repurchased the game have the PS5 version. I don't know who you are talking to but about 25+ people in my discords said it did work.

You could be correct I’m just going off what some posters said on Reddit 🤷‍♂️

Edit: anyone who had to repurchase deserves some crowns if they can’t get their money back from Sony

If you've downloaded a game from the PS store and played it you can't get a refund, its in the T's and C's, the only way you can get a refund on a psn download is if you don't play it

Refunds are for people who buy things by accident only really, not for people that got impatient because a patch didn't drop the exact time they expected it to

Sony’s refund policy is still stuck in the dark ages and needs an update, how can you know if you’ll like a game without playing it first lol

I agree it needs to be updated to meet modern standards but honestly it’s been retail store policies here in the states since the 90’s to not accept returns on games once the plastic wrap was broken. You could make the argument then about renting games and demos being more of a thing than today giving you a feel for things. We need more demos these days.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right on time. Good work everybody for keeping on schedule.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all! Glad to see some of you found the download. Here are the exact steps if anyone needs them:

On the PlayStation 5, navigate to the PS5 version on the PlayStation™Store by either using the overflow menu “(…)” on the ESO game hub or by opening the PlayStation Store and searching for “The Elder Scrolls Online: PS5 Upgrade”. You can then begin the download from the PS5 product page. Note that you may have to go through the normal purchase and install process as if you have purchased a new game (it will be free).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it worth my time to delete the PS4 version of eso from my ps5?
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it worth my time to delete the PS4 version of eso from my ps5?

If you got the space hold off.
  • ScaniX
    ScaniX
    ✭✭✭
    Alrightey, it's working now. "No title | PS5" is downloading... XD
    PS5 - Dolchsturz - Werwolfzauberer & Vampirtempler
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N
    RNGeeze wrote: »
    I get that. But it’s not like the game is broken or unplayable. Just the upgraded version of the game you wanted isn’t ready when we expected it to be. It happens. It’ll be working soon enough. Rule of thumb is don’t make plans on launch day for eso. Ever. It never goes as planned and that’s just how it is.

Or the devs could actually test things and not release them before they’re ready lol

This is not a ZOS thing, this is entirely a Sony issue. ZOS has no control how their product is purchased on the PSN store. Sony needs to rectify how it can be purchased. If you buy the base game again the PS5 version does work.

Some repurchased the game and still have no access to the ps5 version. I don’t understand this post

Everyone I know that have repurchased the game have the PS5 version. I don't know who you are talking to but about 25+ people in my discords said it did work.

Edit: anyone who had to repurchase deserves some crowns if they can’t get their money back from Sony

If you've downloaded a game from the PS store and played it you can't get a refund, its in the T's and C's, the only way you can get a refund on a psn download is if you don't play it

Refunds are for people who buy things by accident only really, not for people that got impatient because a patch didn't drop the exact time they expected it to

Sony’s refund policy is still stuck in the dark ages and needs an update, how can you know if you’ll like a game without playing it first lol

I agree it needs to be updated to meet modern standards but honestly it’s been retail store policies here in the states since the 90’s to not accept returns on games once the plastic wrap was broken. You could make the argument then about renting games and demos being more of a thing than today giving you a feel for things. We need more demos these days.

I work in retail and thats not how returns work, not at all

If a retailer doesn’t accept a physical return because of plastic being ripped off thats just as bad
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 pm EDT update: Please use one of these ways to access the upgrade
    -Use the overflow menu on the GameHub to select the PS5 version
    -Open the store directly & search for "The Elder Scrolls Online: PS5 Upgrade"
    Begin your download from the page (a $0 purchase may be required)
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    BIG thanks to the team at ZOS and their PlayStation liaisons who managed to get a fix out same day.

Nearly midnight here so "same day" is pushing it a little, but I am thankful for the guarantee of a PS5 quality play session tomorrow!
    AD Nightblade - EP Sorcerer - DC Warden
  • Runebinder77
    Runebinder77
    Soul Shriven
    It’s fixed for me as well! Download in progress! Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno!
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    N

If a retailer doesn’t accept a physical return because of plastic being ripped off thats just as bad

They’ll accept returns for the same product if it’s defective and sometimes you may get store credit but in my 20 some odd years of gaming “I didn’t like this” was never acceptable lol, boy do I wish it was for Superman 64. This is an excerpt from Best Buy but all the retail stores here are similar.
    https://imgur.com/a/HwrNHff

On a happy note the download is working, game on everyone!
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should the download be 102gb?
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭

It says that but it ends up being around 81gigs or did for me. I did notice it saying 102 but I think that’s either fit planned content or updates.
  • boldscot
    boldscot
    ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something here?
    I can download the PS5 upgrade but it still asks for a disk when attempting to launch.

I have The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited PS4 version.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It says that but it ends up being around 81gigs or did for me. I did notice it saying 102 but I think that’s either fit planned content or updates.

Sweet, thank you kindly
  • pay4vue
    pay4vue
    ✭✭
    Omg I did what the thread said and PlayStation charged me $106. What is going on can I get a refund I already paid for blackwood too.
    Edited by pay4vue on 15 June 2021 23:20
  • pay4vue
    pay4vue
    ✭✭
    Omg PlayStation charged me $106. It was supposed to be free. Refund please.
  • InRetrospect
    Is it just me? Or is there not much of a difference. I mean I only experienced Coldharbour a smidge, and maybe it’s just because it’s dark and dank, but on the main menu looking at my characters? I don’t see a difference.
  • MrSpaM
    MrSpaM
    ✭✭
    Is it just me? Or is there not much of a difference. I mean I only experienced Coldharbour a smidge, and maybe it’s just because it’s dark and dank, but on the main menu looking at my characters? I don’t see a difference.

Tbh the main difference is when you switch to performance mode and it runs at 60fps

The shadows are also noticeably better

Draw distance seems to be about 50% further. I don't remember being able to see all the way into the entrance to elden root from the undaunted camp before

I havnt noticed a single frame drop or stutter, which were pretty bad on PS5 after the latest dlc dropped

It's better to just use performance mode unless you are desperate to play in 4k, the only difference between performance and fidelity are the resolution and framerate, you get the same graphical upgrades on both modes
    Edited by MrSpaM on 16 June 2021 00:02
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno y'all outdid yourselves with this. It's like playing a whole new game. Performance mode especially 🤯
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    pay4vue wrote: »
    Omg PlayStation charged me $106. It was supposed to be free. Refund please.

Sounds like you clicked the wrong thing/didn't read. Need to contact Sony before you start downloading.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno y'all outdid yourselves with this. It's like playing a whole new game. Performance mode especially 🤯

@vivisectvib16_ESO

How do I turn on that?

• RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭

@vivisectvib16_ESO

How do I turn on that?

Go to options > video > graphics slide to performance
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    boldscot wrote: »
    I can download the PS5 upgrade but it still asks for a disk when attempting to launch.

Yeah, I'm having this problem as well. I own both the disc version and the digital version.
    What a clusterfrak.
    Tam! RUGH!
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@vivisectvib16_ESO

How do I turn on that?

Go to options > video > graphics slide to performance

Thank you!
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N

They’ll accept returns for the same product if it’s defective and sometimes you may get store credit but in my 20 some odd years of gaming “I didn’t like this” was never acceptable lol, boy do I wish it was for Superman 64. This is an excerpt from Best Buy but all the retail stores here are similar.
    https://imgur.com/a/HwrNHff

On a happy note the download is working, game on everyone!

Should be acceptable, thats how returns work, you can return the product for a limited time and get your money back, usually printed on the receipt

On the note of the PS5 version I’ve crashed more times today already than the last 2-3 months combined, great job ZOS
  • FenrisWolf1136
    FenrisWolf1136
    ✭✭✭
    boldscot wrote: »

I have the same issue. I did as they suggested earlier today as i have both the disc and digital versions, and went ahead and stuck in the disc to update. Now that the digital version was "fixed" attempting to upgrade the digital version has not worked. Restoring licenses still throws an error for TESO. Sony support said they still see an issue on their end when it comes to the digital version upgrade so hopefully it is on their radar.
    Edited by FenrisWolf1136 on 16 June 2021 00:58
    Programmer of FenrisBot for discord.
    The helper bot for ESO. Console Focused.
    Check out https://norsewolfgames.com/fenrisbot for more information or to add it to your discord!