The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS5 Upgrade not available, Disc required for digital edition?

• kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you re buy the digital version you can upgrade now or you still going on about the disc?
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Any Update on this LOL?

Yes...over 3 hours ago. :|
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    I get that. But it’s not like the game is broken or unplayable. Just the upgraded version of the game you wanted isn’t ready when we expected it to be. It happens. It’ll be working soon enough. Rule of thumb is don’t make plans on launch day for eso. Ever. It never goes as planned and that’s just how it is.

Or the devs could actually test things and not release them before they’re ready lol

This is not a ZOS thing, this is entirely a Sony issue. ZOS has no control how their product is purchased on the PSN store. Sony needs to rectify how it can be purchased. If you buy the base game again the PS5 version does work.

Some repurchased the game and still have no access to the ps5 version. I don’t understand this post

Everyone I know that have repurchased the game have the PS5 version. I don't know who you are talking to but about 25+ people in my discords said it did work.
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'm just amazed there's so many of you with next gen Consoles. What God did you have to sacrifice your first born to in order to get these?

I pre-ordered my Xbox Series X from Microsoft and got it on release day. I got a PS5 a few weeks ago - I think they're readily available now.

I can only speak for my experience here in the states but it’s still sold out practically everywhere online. Sure you occasionally may find them in store but that’s the exception not the rule likely well into next year as chip shortages persist as things slowly ease back to the new norm.
    https://imgur.com/a/9fo62bx

Let’s hope they are quicker than Square 👍
  • Bignippleviking
    Bignippleviking
    Soul Shriven
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Any Update on this LOL?
    They said on Reddit they hope to have a idea of timing to resolve the issue in 2-3 hours.

Edited by Bignippleviking on 15 June 2021 19:50
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those waiting for this to be fixed, other PS5 releases had similar issues (Crash 4, Saints Row 3 remaster), and it took a few days to fix.

So my advice would be to just keep playing the PS4 version, the fix is most likely not going to happen anytime soon (aka it's not minutes nor just a few hours away).

That doesn't mean it can't happen in the time span, it just means that based on past experiences, you're better of forgetting about it for now, and play the old version...

Edited by EpicHero on 15 June 2021 19:50
  • klcvanderlemb16_ESO
    Update on Reddit: Over at Reddit JessicaFolsom posted:

"Hi everyone,

We are still working with Sony to investigate this issue. We're sorry we don't have a more substantial update for you at this time. We hope to have an idea of timing to resolve this issue in the next few (2-3) hours. We'll keep updating this discussion thread.

In the meantime, while it isn't the Console Enhanced version you all were looking forward to enjoying today, playing your ESO account on a PS4 is still an option.

Thank you, once again, for your patience as we continue to investigate this issue."

So atleast we have some form of update! Better wait patiently! Keep kicking ass Zeni!
    Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/o0bnno/ps5_upgrade_now_available/h1vr5f5/?context=3
    Edited by klcvanderlemb16_ESO on 15 June 2021 19:58
  • Kandyse
    Kandyse
    Soul Shriven
    Why use this forum, reddit seems to get the update about this matter...
    Edited by Kandyse on 15 June 2021 19:58
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    kmcaj wrote: »
    So if you re buy the digital version you can upgrade now or you still going on about the disc?
    kmcaj wrote: »

I wanna know that to - of i just rebuy another digital Version in Store, can i Upgrade to ps5?
  • kelseaux
    kelseaux
    ✭✭✭
    Update on Reddit: Over at Reddit JessicaFolsom posted:

"Hi everyone,

We are still working with Sony to investigate this issue. We're sorry we don't have a more substantial update for you at this time. We hope to have an idea of timing to resolve this issue in the next few (2-3) hours. We'll keep updating this discussion thread.

In the meantime, while it isn't the Console Enhanced version you all were looking forward to enjoying today, playing your ESO account on a PS4 is still an option.

Thank you, once again, for your patience as we continue to investigate this issue."

So atleast we have some form of update! Better wait patiently! Keep kicking ass Zeni!
    Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/o0bnno/ps5_upgrade_now_available/h1vr5f5/?context=3

Wonder why that update hasn’t been posted here. Apologies if it has been, I could have missed it.
    Not Mr Sivy
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, thanks again for your ongoing patience. We are currently working with Sony to make some changes and are aiming for this issue to be resolved sometime this evening. We'll keep you posted on the status or any further updates.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thanks for the update and a potential timeline for resolving the matter.
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭
    I get that. But it’s not like the game is broken or unplayable. Just the upgraded version of the game you wanted isn’t ready when we expected it to be. It happens. It’ll be working soon enough. Rule of thumb is don’t make plans on launch day for eso. Ever. It never goes as planned and that’s just how it is.

Or the devs could actually test things and not release them before they’re ready lol

This is not a ZOS thing, this is entirely a Sony issue. ZOS has no control how their product is purchased on the PSN store. Sony needs to rectify how it can be purchased. If you buy the base game again the PS5 version does work.

Some repurchased the game and still have no access to the ps5 version. I don’t understand this post

Everyone I know that have repurchased the game have the PS5 version. I don't know who you are talking to but about 25+ people in my discords said it did work.

You could be correct I’m just going off what some posters said on Reddit 🤷‍♂️

Edit: anyone who had to repurchase deserves some crowns if they can’t get their money back from Sony
    Edited by ralphylauren on 15 June 2021 20:27
  • MrSpaM
    MrSpaM
    ✭✭

Edit: anyone who had to repurchase deserves some crowns if they can’t get their money back from Sony

If you've downloaded a game from the PS store and played it you can't get a refund, its in the T's and C's, the only way you can get a refund on a psn download is if you don't play it

Refunds are for people who buy things by accident only really, not for people that got impatient because a patch didn't drop the exact time they expected it to
    Edited by MrSpaM on 15 June 2021 20:38
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    MrSpaM wrote: »

If you've downloaded a game from the PS store and played it you can't get a refund, its in the T's and C's, the only way you can get a refund on a psn download is if you don't play it

Refunds are for people who buy things by accident only really, not for people that got impatient because a patch didn't drop the exact time they expected it to

One thing to note which sucks for the customers is you don’t even have to play the game to void your ability to get a refund as the simple act of downloading it means it’s yours now. It’s one of the reasons I advise family and friends to not preorder digitally or at the very least do not set it to auto download but many are impatient and like preloading so you gotta take the L when it doesn’t work out. At least for us in the states as I believe Europe has better policies.
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭

No way everyone that repurchased the game was impatient. How can you even make a statement like this, considering the ps store is basically telling customers you need to “buy” the game for access to the newer version.

I understand though It’s the customers fault that the store is misleading apparently

The lengths some people will go to defend billion dollar corporations is amazing
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sony’s refund policy is still stuck in the dark ages and needs an update, how can you know if you’ll like a game without playing it first lol
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Psn store updated & now says digital base game $19.99 with no mention of ps5 upgrade & it still isnt showing I own the game even though I preordered what 7 years ago. Restoring licenses still doesnt work giving the blackwood error (preordered that too)
  • MrSpaM
    MrSpaM
    ✭✭

No way everyone that repurchased the game was impatient. How can you even make a statement like this, considering the ps store is basically telling customers you need to “buy” the game for access to the newer version.

I understand though It’s the customers fault that the store is misleading apparently

The lengths some people will go to defend billion dollar corporations is amazing

I'm not defending anything, I'm just telling people that they shouldn't expect a refund from Sony, instead of giving them the false hope that they will
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not defending anything, I'm just telling people that they shouldn't expect a refund from Sony, instead of giving them the false hope that they will

Or Sony should update their refund policy, its pretty terrible
  • Bignippleviking
    Bignippleviking
    Soul Shriven
    It’s fixed.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    I now downloading ps5 update for free.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s fixed.

How do you figure? I just checked store & it still shows $19.99. Launched game wasnt asked to install ps5 ver. Checked for updates & none available. Restored licenses which still gave error. So not fixed for me at least
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am downloading now. Go to the store, select upgrade, and download.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • B11zzard1991
    B11zzard1991
    ✭✭
    Fixed guys
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would Sony give a refund for people being impatient. The whole time ZOS has said it will be free, you don't even have to read the forums to know this. It even has on the announcement page that console enhanced drops the 15th and it is completely free. There is no excuse because it is stated black and white it is a free upgrade. Up until an hour or so ago when you opened the page to download the new version it just says it is currently unavailable not to buy the base game. Even further now it goes to the base game version to buy, but in the options you still have to choose the ps5 version which is unavailable for digital players.

There is no scheme, there is no fault to ZOS, and Sony is not at fault for people willing to pay $20 to get the PS5 version to bypass waiting for a fix.
  • Bignippleviking
    Bignippleviking
    Soul Shriven
    six2fall wrote: »
    It’s fixed.

How do you figure? I just checked store & it still shows $19.99. Launched game wasnt asked to install ps5 ver. Checked for updates & none available. Restored licenses which still gave error. So not fixed for me at least

Go on to the store and go over to browse next to subscriptions should be their on the top row. It was for me.
    Edited by Bignippleviking on 15 June 2021 21:44
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed guys

Still not working for me so what did you fo to get it to work?
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can’t find it use the search menu and search elder, should be right there in the first row “ps5 free upgrade”
  • MrSpaM
    MrSpaM
    ✭✭
    Yeh I can download it in the store now, 100 minutes to go!