Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PS5 Upgrade not available, Disc required for digital edition?

• AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn’t the point of delaying it a week so you could give each their own focus? I’m getting sick of ZOS launching patches and content broken
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t y’all ever, ever wonder if maybe - just maybe more or different console testing might be cooler, for you know - all of us?
    Esse quam videri.
  • ParsFellas
    do not delete currwnt game i did and installed again and same error lol
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    For me it say i have the newest update available. When i go in shop press at ps5 update, it only go to new pic where it say start game.

You technically do as this enhanced version is less of an update and more a new game. When they sort the issue we’ll still have to buy it free from the store to have the ability to download the new ps5 edition.
    Edited by RNGeeze on 15 June 2021 13:26
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting and bashing. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn’t the point of delaying it a week so you could give each their own focus? I’m getting sick of ZOS launching patches and content broken

I get your frustration but this is hardly a issue with just them, look at Square unable to put out a working demo with a time limit until 2 days later. Also I’d personally put the blame more on Sony for the way they handled the upgrade situation. Now if you want to throw some blame around how about that craft bag 😆
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    ParsFellas wrote: »

It's not just going to magically turn into a ps5 version when it updates on the store, so there's no need to keep the ps4 version, you'll have to download separate PS5 upgrade.
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNGeeze wrote: »

I get your frustration but this is hardly a issue with just them, look at Square unable to put out a working demo with a time limit until 2 days later. Also I’d personally put the blame more on Sony for the way they handled the upgrade situation. Now if you want to throw some blame around how about that craft bag 😆

Please don’t dismiss this with “its sony’s fault” it was delayed a week for a reason
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Sju wrote: »

It's not just going to magically turn into a ps5 version when it updates on the store, so there's no need to keep the ps4 version, you'll have to download separate PS5 upgrade.

You are correct with the first part but the second would depend on the player. If you were looking to play while they work on a fix you very much need the old one. The ps5 version will be it’s own download and only function while on console storage so you may need to delete/move things to make room.
    Edited by RNGeeze on 15 June 2021 13:48
  • Ottma
    Ottma
    When I try to reload my licenses, the issue description with blackwood says
    "if this issue occurs there might be a server error concerning title information"
    (translated from German)
    Really sound like a PSN thing.
    I sent sony a support email.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭

I play ps4 ver, at ps5 but no need delete when its fixed i guess you only update ps4 ver to ps5 ver.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    we will see about that
    Ps4 / Eu
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just two separate clients.

The amusing thing will be when people realize their third party ps4 controllers won’t work with the new client, even licensed ones like scuff or razer.

So you’ll have to play the old client if you want a controller with paddles, and you know, we asked for them to keep it in the same client over that but shrug. I’m sure they are pretty well oblivious nonetheless.
    Esse quam videri.
  • ParsFellas
    still no news?
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭

You are correct with the first part but the second would depend on the player. If you were looking to play while they work on a fix you very much need the old one. The ps5 version will be it’s own download and only function while on console storage so you may need to delete/move things to make room.

Obviously, but that's not what I'm talking about, reinstalling isn't going to fix this is what I was replying to...
  • MisterLaiho
    MisterLaiho
    ✭✭
    And I was so hyped for the PS5 version today praying to the ZOS Lords that they will make the mini freezes disappear and the performence better lel guess the wait continues
  • JupiterHorizon
    JupiterHorizon
    ✭✭✭
    Ottma wrote: »
    "if this issue occurs there might be a server error concerning title information"
    (translated from German)

Hey @Ottma I'm from germany too, and get same error while trying to restore my licences on ps5.

I've purchased blackwood ce edition few weeks ago, I never played it, I deleted the ps4 version from my ps5 machine before blackwood launch day and now I'am very disappointed and get the same error as everyone here and cant install the console enhanced version on my system

I guess the entire issue is existing for a long time.

The PSN handles two different versions of eso's base game.

The old one called "elder scrolls online tamriel unlimited" , which only has ps4 version.
    The new one , released on One Tamriel patch, doesnt contain "tamriel unlimited" in its title.

I really think, that those players who have the "new base game" are able to upgrade on ps5 version, the others not!

Also, it is kind of confusing, that the ps store do not prevent players of purchasing the new base game, or even collection bundles. Every other game I've purchased on playstation, have a blocker if you own already any version of it.

Example: purchased Valhalla standard version. I am not able to purchase Gold, ultimate or any other bundle, instead must buy season pass separately.

ESO is the only game , which allows players to re-purchase other bundles. Very confusing...

Yeah, I understand, that in comparison to Xbox's smart delivery, the way Sony handle such things, is less comfortable, but ZOS should know the rules Sony have, when publishing games on that platform.

• RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Riptide wrote: »
    Just two separate clients.

The amusing thing will be when people realize their third party ps4 controllers won’t work with the new client, even licensed ones like scuff or razer.

So you’ll have to play the old client if you want a controller with paddles, and you know, we asked for them to keep it in the same client over that but shrug. I’m sure they are pretty well oblivious nonetheless.

I honestly didn’t even know there was still a market for third party accessories. Do you feel the change was deliberate in an effort to kill off such devices or a happy accident for them. Obviously the change in client was deliberate but I mean the way it impacts third party stuff. I could see if they were trying to even the playing field somewhat but isn’t there an official paddles attachment one could use?
    Edited by RNGeeze on 15 June 2021 14:07
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ottma wrote: »
    (translated from German)

Hey @Ottma I'm from germany too, and get same error while trying to restore my licences on ps5.

I've purchased blackwood ce edition few weeks ago, I never played it, I deleted the ps4 version from my ps5 machine before blackwood launch day and now I'am very disappointed and get the same error as everyone here and cant install the console enhanced version on my system

I guess the entire issue is existing for a long time.

The PSN handles two different versions of eso's base game.

The old one called "elder scrolls online tamriel unlimited" , which only has ps4 version.
    The new one , released on One Tamriel patch, doesnt contain "tamriel unlimited" in its title.

I really think, that those players who have the "new base game" are able to upgrade on ps5 version, the others not!

Also, it is kind of confusing, that the ps store do not prevent players of purchasing the new base game, or even collection bundles. Every other game I've purchased on playstation, have a blocker if you own already any version of it.

Example: purchased Valhalla standard version. I am not able to purchase Gold, ultimate or any other bundle, instead must buy season pass separately.

ESO is the only game , which allows players to re-purchase other bundles. Very confusing...

Yeah, I understand, that in comparison to Xbox's smart delivery, the way Sony handle such things, is less comfortable, but ZOS should know the rules Sony have, when publishing games on that platform.

This was always how it worked with ESO too, it's only just with this update that it's all broken

Edited to remove a random word!
    Edited by lillybit on 15 June 2021 14:08
    PS4 EU
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    still no news?

Not yet, still holding for a resolution. Thanks for being so patient, all.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Alpha_AC
    Alpha_AC
    ✭✭✭
    I don't expect this to be fixed anytime soon, but god forbid the crown store goes down for 5 minutes.
  • ParsFellas
    still no news?

Not yet, still holding for a resolution. Thanks for being so patient, all.

thank you for your update. we are waiting good news, thanks.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly didn’t even know there was still a market for third party accessories. Do you feel the change was deliberate in an effort to kill off such devices or a happy accident for them. Obviously the change in client was deliberate but I mean the way it impacts third party stuff. I could see if they were trying to even the playing field somewhat but isn’t there an official paddles attachment one could use?

Well, if you are going to do tough trials, vma/vvh etc, being able to keep your right thumb on the stick whislt using your abilities, and weaving etc etc? For a man closer to 50 than to 40 I find that more than a small quality of life in a game with few of those for console.

There are no licensed PS5 paddle situations right now that I know of, so the only solution for allowing them to stay would have been doing us a solid and not labeling it as a PS5 client. Which lol I never expected for them to even be aware of much less care about, because none of them of course play the game more than in passing on console, just is what it is.
    Edited by Riptide on 15 June 2021 14:16
    Esse quam videri.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the way Sony deals with the controllers on the PS5. You can play PS4 games on the PS5 with the PS4 controller just fine. As soon as a game gets the PS5 update and you play the PS5 edition, you need the newer PS5 controller. There is no practical reason for it and we can just speculate about the motivation of this but if you want to play a game with the old controller, you still can. But you have to select the PS4 version and won't gain the benefits the upgraded PS5 version offers. Good thing is we can choose between PS4 and PS5 versions at will for as long as we have both installed. That's how this works with all upgraded PS5 games so far afaik.
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone even get the upgrade to work? I own both digital and disc PS4 version. Putting the disc in doesn't help (I'm getting the "you can't purchase this game" response anyway).

Does it happen only for people that were using both on their account, or for everyone?
  • Ottma
    Ottma
    @JupiterHorizon I mentioned a similar idea, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Seems like every owner of a digital playstation copy is affected by this issue. No matter what version or when it was bought.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    I see there is a cheep digital first ver for sale in shop would it help buy that. ?
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I see there is a cheep digital first ver for sale in shop would it help buy that. ?

The ps5 base game up for $19.99 at best would solve your license issues at worst you could still be locked out then good luck getting a refund from Sony. Buying the game again isn’t necessary so hold out for the fix.
    Edited by RNGeeze on 15 June 2021 14:34
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don’t give ZOS more money cuz they messed this up, they even said not to buy that version
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don’t give ZOS more money cuz they messed this up, they even said not to buy that version

This!

Plus I've bought it 4 times already (twice on disc originally, then upgraded both to digital versions) so would be pretty furious if I paid out again and it still didn't work!
    PS4 EU