The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS5 Upgrade not available, Disc required for digital edition?

• EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I still had a disc version of "The Elder Scrolls Online - Tamriel Unlimited" lying around from when I first tried the game out many years ago.

If I insert that disc into the PS5 AND login with a player account that is from the same region as the disc, then I get the option for the free upgrade. This matching region part is important, if you try a US Disc with a EU account, it won't work.

So 1 PS5 is now updating.
    The other one is discless, so no clue how I'm gonna get the update on that system :(
  • ParsFellas
    i have every upgrade including blackwood
  • DestroyerPewnack
    DestroyerPewnack
    ✭✭✭✭
    EaRz wrote: »
    Thankfully i live in the US and have 400mb/s

Well, that's one thing you guys have going for you, I guess... xD
    Edited by DestroyerPewnack on 15 June 2021 12:00
  • EaRz
    EaRz
    Soul Shriven
    Ok im playing ps5 version and so far so good everything is working fine with the dlcs and everything
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    EpicHero wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I still had a disc version of "The Elder Scrolls Online - Tamriel Unlimited" lying around from when I first tried the game out many years ago.

If I insert that disc into the PS5 AND login with a player account that is from the same region as the disc, then I get the option for the free upgrade. This matching region part is important, if you try a US Disc with a EU account, it won't work.

So 1 PS5 is now updating.
    The other one is discless, so no clue how I'm gonna get the update on that system :(

I only wonder if you will still need to use disc every time you start the PS5 version. That is what held me back from inserting the disc. I did buy the digital version last year so I was not required to use the disc every time.

Can you report back if you need to use the disc when playing the PS5 version when you are finished upgrading?
    Edited by msetten on 15 June 2021 12:02
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice...if anything, ever, that launches for ESO, could just go smoothly. Nope . . .
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Mins left on the download, I will get back to you on that!

EDIT: @msetten Your assumption was correct, the PS5 version now keeps asking for the Disc.
    So don't bother using this workaround...

We're going to have to wait until ZOS fixes it in the store...
    Edited by EpicHero on 15 June 2021 12:15
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice...if anything, ever, that launches for ESO, could just go smoothly. Nope . . .

FWIW this is likely a PSN store issue.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll let you know tomorrow lol 8 hours to go
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭

EDIT: @msetten Your assumption was correct, the PS5 version now keeps asking for the Disc.
    So don't bother using this workaround...

We're going to have to wait until ZOS fixes it in the store...

Thanks for letting us know. I kind of expected that. I hope you find a way back to not having to use the disc.
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming when they fix the store entries, it will just download the key for the other version, and you can select that when you click options button on the game, and go down to versions.

So at least my download will already be done then :)
  • Gamingdays
    Gamingdays
    ✭✭
    Same issue with me won’t let me upgrade because I’m digital and there’s no work around for this aside from rebuying the game which I refuse to do. I sincerely hope this issue gets fixed very soon.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game looks terrible now I'm playing it again on my ps4 slim. Looked much better on PS5. My bad for deleting it couple days ago thinking upgrade coming soon, clear some drive space, play something else for couple days. Should have known better.
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming when they fix the store entries, it will just download the key for the other version, and you can select that when you click options button on the game, and go down to versions.

So at least my download will already be done then :)

Hopefully these cross gen upgrades are friendly like that compared to how the digital and disc version of games are completely different (like you can’t install some off the disc then pick up where it left off for digital, it’s all or nothing)
    Edited by RNGeeze on 15 June 2021 12:25
  • Ottma
    Ottma
    I'm hoping Sony/PSN is also investigating, as there seems to be an issue as well.
    ESO enhanced doesn't show up within "optimized for Ps5" and, just as many said, I can't update the license of blackwood.
    Eventhough I could never buy any version of the base game again, since I own the digital edition, there is now a base game (title without "tamriel unlimited") available for purchase.
    Seems like something went wrong within the store update for this new version.

Maybe the enhanced-upgrade is linked to the base game pre-"one tamriel" and everyone who bought a digital copy after "one tamriel" can't use it. I used the disc version before I got the digital version, which was after "one tamriel".
    Edited by Ottma on 15 June 2021 12:31
  • MrSpaM
    MrSpaM
    ✭✭
    Ottma wrote: »
    I'm hoping Sony/PSN is also investigating, as there seems to be an issue as well.
    ESO enhanced doesn't show up within "optimized for Ps5" and, just as many said, I can't update the license of blackwood.
    Eventhough I could never buy any version of the base game again, since I own the digital edition, there is now a base game (title without "tamriel unlimited") available for purchase.

Maybe the enhanced-upgrade is linked to the base game pre-"one tamriel" and everyone who bought a digital copy after "one tamriel" can't use it. I used the disc version before I got the digital version, which was after "one tamriel".

Don't think it's linked to that, I bought the game off of the PSN store literally the day it was released and I still have the same problem as everybody else
  • B11zzard1991
    B11zzard1991
    ✭✭
    There was no playstation version before one tamriel if i remember correctly.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imperial edition, which is what I have. Veteran levels were a thing
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    There’s a new entry for the base game showing unowned so it seems to be an account ownership issue. https://imgur.com/a/WVURxsV
    Edited by RNGeeze on 15 June 2021 13:19
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digital PS5. Digital Copy of ESO.

Can't download PS5 digital version, "disc required."
  • Ottma
    Ottma
    MrSpaM wrote: »
    Don't think it's linked to that, I bought the game off of the PSN store literally the day it was released and I still have the same problem as everybody else

Mhm, okay. Seemed pretty much like it, to me.
    An available base game popping up, licence issues and the upgrade not reacting to a digital copy..

As I said I played the ps4 disc version before "one tamriel" launched.. So there must have been something on playstation, I guess.
    Edited by Ottma on 15 June 2021 12:55
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ottma wrote: »

Same. I bought the base game at console launch via digital download and have every update/chapter moving forward, including Blackwood, so if it is “base game” related it is affecting that as well.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭

There definitely was. ESO released on PS in June 2015. 1tam didn't release until 2016.
  • MrSpaM
    MrSpaM
    ✭✭

One Tamriel was an update that came out a year after the game released on consoles

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/One+Tamriel

Before this update you had to finish the zones in order, and enemies were not leveled to your own level, you couldnt just travel to any area of the map you liked right at the start of the game
  • B11zzard1991
    B11zzard1991
    ✭✭

One Tamriel was an update that came out a year after the game released on consoles

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/One+Tamriel

Before this update you had to finish the zones in order, and enemies were not leveled to your own level, you couldnt just travel to any area of the map you liked right at the start of the game

Yeah, i know. just forgot my game was upgraded.
  • Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    How about quickly give everyone who owns the old base game (EP1003-CUSA00086_00-GAMECLIENT000000) a voucher for the new base game (EP1003-PPSA02018_00-ESOMORROWINDBUND).

This will also look good on Zenimax Online player counts. ”Now 20+ million players.”. :wink:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to quickly update, investigations are ongoing and we'll let you know when we have some news to share.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to answer, I actually did buy the digital PS4 version pre one Tamriel in late 2015, it was imperial edition, but I was veteran level 16. I still can’t update either, so it’s not a one Tamriel thing
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    For me it say i have the newest update available. When i go in shop press at ps5 update, it only go to new pic where it say start game.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disc PS5.

Bought ESO disc back in 2015.

Deleted it a few days ago for digital copy. (Repurchased base game digitally)

Digital ESO is currently installed.

Getting same disc required and you can not buy this product now messages as everyone else.
    PvP needs more love.