Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

PS5 Upgrade not available, Disc required for digital edition?

• EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

For completeness, this is the version I bought for me and for my wife (so twice total):
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr (2019) (Full Game and Add-On Content)
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I got an error while restoring licenses for Blackwood if that helps narrow it down.
  • EaRz
    EaRz
    Soul Shriven
    Well i dont mind buying it again even though it sucks too, but at least it gives them a little knowledge of where the problem lies.
  • EaRz
    EaRz
    Soul Shriven
    The ps4 version is called the elder scrolls online: tamriel unlimited but ps5 version is only called the elder scrolls online dont know if that has anything to do with it
  • Ms_K8
    Ms_K8
    Soul Shriven
    PS store says that if you don’t have disc version or have digital PS5 you can’t have free update. I’m furious 🤬
  • flipkick661
    flipkick661
    ✭✭
    I'm amazed that Sony still hasn't figured out their PS5 upgrades, and I sincerely hope someone gets fired over this. This isn't the first, second or even third time there are issues when upgrading product on the PS Store, it seems that there are issues pretty much every time for some if not all owners of last gen versions of games. Borderlands 3, R6 Siege, Control, FFVII Remake, Destiny 2, the list goes on. Hopefully it gets sorted soon, because I'm getting pretty fed up with Sony.
  • B11zzard1991
    B11zzard1991
    ✭✭
    I also tried to restore licences and got error NP-104291-7 (can't restore The ESO Coullection: Blackwood) if that helps.
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got up early on my day off to download and we're having issues already? I already deleted the ps4 version too.... :|
  • EaRz
    EaRz
    Soul Shriven
    It appears that if you bought the game in a bundle the upgrade wont work you have to have the base game first (which is dumb way to go Sony smh)
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ms_K8 wrote: »
    PS store says that if you don’t have disc version or have digital PS5 you can’t have free update. I’m furious 🤬

I have the digital ps5 and can't get it either.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • klcvanderlemb16_ESO
    Restoring Licenses doesnt work; getting an error code about ESO Blackwood. Could be related?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Restoring Licenses doesnt work; getting an error code about ESO Blackwood. Could be related?

Have you purchased Blackwood already or no? (Don't worry, we aren't judging - just trying to troubleshoot!)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you purchased Blackwood already or no? (Don't worry, we aren't judging - just trying to troubleshoot!)

Yessum
  • B11zzard1991
    B11zzard1991
    ✭✭
    I think the problem is that we have The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited version, but new game for ps4 or ps5 is called just The Elder Scrolls Online. And ps5 free update is enabled for second one. I bought Blackwood Upgrad btw.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I've seen ESO on the PS Store before, all versions of the game have shown up as purchased or unavailable. Now only the Tamriel Unlimited version says Purchased and the base game has the option to buy it. Looks like they've unlinked themselves and the update is only associated with the base game maybe
    PS4 EU
  • klcvanderlemb16_ESO

@ZOS_GinaBruno Indeed so! Pre-ordered the moment you could do it. Game is owned, and played Blackwood already since the launch on consoles! =] And don't worry; there is no judging, just shouting out random things that might help!
    Edited by klcvanderlemb16_ESO on 15 June 2021 11:47
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Same here:
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Upgrade (Add-On)
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭

Yes here as well although I can’t seem to find the ps4 version in the store just the ps5 entries which show it not owned.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing for my situation is that I used to have the disc version, but last year I bought the digital version when it was for sale so I didn't always have to have a disc in it (which was making lots of noise on my previous PS4 Pro). Could that be a factor?

And yes, I have Blackwood (and I also bought all other previous Chapter each year)
    Edited by msetten on 15 June 2021 11:47
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not purchased Blackwood yet on PS. I have on PC.
    Edited by BoloBoffin on 15 June 2021 11:47
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Coogley
    Coogley
    Soul Shriven
    I had the base game on disc before I bought the Ps5. When I pre ordered the full collector edition of Blackwood it included the full base game plus dlcs. I don’t want to go back to a disc version. I can’t download the enhanced version.
  • EaRz
    EaRz
    Soul Shriven

I have all dlcs as well, will let you know if everything is fine in game when its done downloading
  • bharathitman
    bharathitman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't bought Blackwood, but I have Greymoor CE. It says PS5 Upgrade (Disc Required)
  • MrSpaM
    MrSpaM
    ✭✭
    I Have "The Elder Scrolls Online : Tamrial Unlimited" which I bought off the PSN store when it first released, i'm also getting the "insert disc to upgrade" problem

Seems like Sony have only allowed the upgrade on the standard edition on the store, instead of all the versions
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for all the extra info, everyone! We're continuing to investigate on all ends as well.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EaRz wrote: »

I have all dlcs as well, will let you know if everything is fine in game when its done downloading

I also deleted the PS4 version hoping that might help. Australia internet slooow
  • EaRz
    EaRz
    Soul Shriven

I also deleted the PS4 version hoping that might help. Australia internet slooow

Thankfully i live in the US and have 400mb/s
  • ParsFellas
    ps5 same issue it is asking disk request cant get upgrade...
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here. Whoever decided to wait a week now after chapter releases had their thinking cap on.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭

Thankfully i live in the US and have 400mb/s

I live in norway have 1500mb 🤓🤓🧐
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.