The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PS5 Upgrade not available, Disc required for digital edition?

EpicHero
EpicHero
✭✭✭✭
I bought ESO for my wife and myself through the PSN store.
When I try to download the PS5 upgrade, it says DISC REQUIRED on both my Disc and my Digital PS5.

We have no discs... we bought it digital?
  • boniboyblue
    Yes - I have this exactly same issue. No disk at all and the digital version of PS5.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same
  • rdefonseka69
    rdefonseka69
    Soul Shriven
    Ok what do we do to get the upgrade ? Digital only here.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same situation for me. I thought it might have been because I bought the Morrowind chapter on disc, but I never had to use that disc, I just entered the code it came with.
    PS5 EU.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes same for me. I could dig out my disc for it but I already paid for the game a second time to go to digital, don't want to have to faff with discs again :(
    PS4 EU
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, we’re looking into this now.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS Store link (on PC) says "Not available for purchase".

Link:
    https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP1003-PPSA02017_00-OSPREYGAMECLIENT
  • KT_Fox
    KT_Fox
    Same have PS5 and can’t download the PS5 version of the game.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like someone goofed and put One Tamriel as separate from the base game?
  • Gwythyr
    Gwythyr
    ✭✭
    Following as I’ve got same issues with my digital game 🥲
    Server: EU PSN
    Champion Points: 502

AD - Breton Sorceror
    EB - Templar Bosmer
    DC - Altmer Dragonknight
    AD - Khajiit Nightblade
    AD - Khajiit Templar
    DC - Dunmer Sorceror
    AD - Khajiit Warden
  • DestroyerPewnack
    DestroyerPewnack
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the simple act of trying to download the game is bugged... what are we to expect from the actual game, once it's downloaded? xD
    You guys really know how to wreck a hype train. Definitely a new low!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Could you all please try rebooting your systems and see if that triggers the download?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you all please try rebooting your systems and see if that triggers the download?

M’kay, the option for the disc version is there, just says “you can’t buy this product right now”
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Restarting did nothing for me.
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭

Reboot, still the same for me on PS5
  • B11zzard1991
    B11zzard1991
    ✭✭
    Doesn't help. It says i can't buy the update. I bought gold edition (standard + 4 dlc pack) digitally, and always updated chapters since then.
  • knudsen
    knudsen
    ✭✭✭

restarted my digital ps5, download did NOT trigger
  • klcvanderlemb16_ESO

Just rebooted my Playstation 5 (Disc version) system. No automatic download triggered; and the store page still says it requires a disc! ^^
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rebooted PS5, same issue.

When the Elder Scrolls is selected in the top menu, I get an icon on the right of the screen saying:
    FULL GAME
    Free PS5 Upgrade.

When I click that icon, it takes me to the store.
    The Elder Scrolls
    PS5 Upgrade (Disc Required)

and the only options I have are "Learn More" and "Wishlist"

When I click Learn More, it says:
    You can't buy this product right now.
  • boniboyblue
    Rebooting didn’t do it for me.
  • EaRz
    EaRz
    Soul Shriven
    Ok i figured it out, at least for me, apparently i bought the game in a bundle that came with morrowind i believe, i had to go and buy the base game for 19.99 and then it gave me the option for the ps5. Its downloading now but kinda sucks even though i had the game already i had to buy it again from the store
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Roger that, thanks all. We're still digging into this...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • DestroyerPewnack
    DestroyerPewnack
    ✭✭✭✭

Still says disc required, and when I search for update, it says there aren't any.
  • knudsen
    knudsen
    ✭✭✭
    EaRz wrote: »
    Ok i figured it out, at least for me, apparently i bought the game in a bundle that came with morrowind i believe, i had to go and buy the base game for 19.99 and then it gave me the option for the ps5. Its downloading now but kinda sucks even though i had the game already i had to buy it again from the store

there is no way I am gonna buy the base game again for 20€
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I AM NOT BUYING THE BASE GAME AGAIN FOR $20 and I suggest that everyone else hold on until a solution is figured out for those of us who own copies.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    knudsen wrote: »

You shouldn't have to, either.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    knudsen wrote: »

I bought Imperial Edition back in 2015, i wonder if I delete it from the console and redownload if it’ll work then.

Edit: it did not
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on 15 June 2021 11:35
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue
    PS4 EU
  • Duane
    Duane
    ✭✭✭
    I may be old school, but I'm downloading Console Enhanced just fine 💪
    Disc GANG💪💪💪💪
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roger that, thanks all. We're still digging into this...

Reboot obviously didnt work. Tries to restore licenses got an error.
    Edited by six2fall on 15 June 2021 11:33