The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No more freeze since yesterday

trimsic_ESO
trimsic_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
During my latest game session, I had no freeze. Usually, I had about 10 freezes per hour, each lasting for a few seconds.

I don't know the reasons why the game is no longer freezing. It could be due to any of these recent changes:
- Mac OS update to 11.4
- Reboot of my iMac (after the 11.4 update)
- Changes made to the video settings related to water reflections (max from medium)

It is surely a bit too early to make any conclusion at this stage - but I'm curious to know whether or not other players have also noticed a better in game experience these days.

My configuration:
- iMac 27, 2020
- Intel i9, 10 cores, 3.6 Ghz
- 32 Gb 2667 MHz DDR4
- AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 Gb

My game video settings:
- 4k full screen
- Quality : ultra, then customised as follows:
- No antialiasing (no need at 4k)
- Everything at max quality

I've attached my user settings.

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on PC, but Water Reflections were one of the top things causing me issues as well. Tanked my FPS in areas that didn't even have a lot of water on screen, oddly. I'd guess that's most related to your screen hitches; should be easy to test, just toggle it on/off a few times to see.

With Screen Space Reflection Quality set to Medium and Planar Reflection Quality turned Off completely, I get roughly double the FPS -- it's way more stable too. Shame.
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I'll have a look into this, but I will have to reboot my computer first, just to make sure this was not the actual reason why the game was no more freezing.
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no freeze since I rebooted my iMac after the update to macOS 11.4.
    Screen Space Reflection Quality and Planar Reflection Quality setting turned On or Off or set to different values.

So may be something has changed in latest macOS 11.4 (driver, metal API, other), or rebooting the iMac helps.
    I don't know.

What would be very nice from the developers is to:
    - Fix the screen resolution issue so it's no longer needed to change the desktop resolution prior to launching the game
    - Fix the blurry text issues, especially at half the native resolution, which is the default OS resolution on Mac - for instance 2560 x 1440 for a 5K iMac.It's event slightly blurry at 3200 x 1800 and 4k, which is obviously not normal.

Is it very difficult to fix ? It would make people happy.