The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Kuta drop rate

Leslik
Leslik
✭✭✭
Please can the kuta drop rate be increased? As things are you could double it and I'd still say it's pitifully low. Doing writs on 6 characters with enchanting full levelled and i'm lucky if a get one per day between all of them
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They drop 30% of the time. Have dropped 30% of the time for years.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    I'll start to keep a record but i'm getting about 5% if that. Other items drop for me just fine. There's just no way that I can be this unlucky in rng. It's can't be a statistical anomaly
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also drop from hirelings, surveys and normal nodes. I get around the same amount of kuta as I get the other mats in an average week on 13 crafters. I don't farm normal nodes that much though I general.
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    Only one of my character has the hirelings and I don't farm normal nodes much anymore but I always pick up any node I walk past.

I get way more rosin, tempering alloys and dreugh was than kuta.

When I hand writs in at the vendor they are rare and when I pick up the surveys it's pretty much always rekuta or 2 rekuta. If 30% is true I should get on average one in 3. I would be perfectly happy with that ratio if I got it

I've even started sinking points into extraction on all my characters to see if this improves the rate but so far no. It would be madness to have to level all my characters to the same level as my master crafter
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as @tmbrinks said the drop rate for Kuta, Tempering Alloy, Dreugh Wax and Rosin is around 1/3 for tier 10 crafting writs. For lower tiers it's indeed much lower and that's why I always train crafting skills as fast as possible on all my characters. Make sure those skills are at 50 and you have 9 points allocated to the main passive, in this case Potency Improvement 10/10 (first tier is free).
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    Ok i'll move some points into the first skill. But i'm still puzzled. My drop rate for dreugh wax is fine and I don't have level 10 of the first skill in clothing on all characters

All my characters are level 50 in each craft but I funnel all the surveys to my main crafter and pick them up with that character
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    Just collected 12 survey nodes on a master crafter. not a single kuta. that's normal for me.
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    And another 6 survey nodes. no kuta
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leslik wrote: »
    Just collected 12 survey nodes on a master crafter. not a single kuta. that's normal for me.

are you talking about survey nodes?

Yeah, those drop rates are about 1:20

We thought you were talking about writs themselves. Done at max level, those drop a Kuta 30% of the time
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the Kuta is in Cyro. :p

38xwD29.png?1
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, survey nodes have a low drop rate for Kuta, probably just a bit better than normal ones. I never bothered doing any statistics on those, since I am getting Kuta reliably from writs. At some point I had 3.5k of them, but saw the price wasn't climbing so I sold them over a couple of months.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 5 Kuta in heavy sacks twice. Once just recently, and once a couple years ago.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Yes, survey nodes have a low drop rate for Kuta, probably just a bit better than normal ones. I never bothered doing any statistics on those, since I am getting Kuta reliably from writs. At some point I had 3.5k of them, but saw the price wasn't climbing so I sold them over a couple of months.

3.5K kuta?

That's a massive boon from RNG. I've never had over 300, and that's without trading them or using them extensively.

I've just done 10 surveys,, 60 nodes, no kuta, not a single one. As far as I'm concerned all the other aspect runes are vendor trash, so in effect I have nothing.

And when I do get a kuta they NEVER double up. Oh yes, here's 4 jejota that you don't want, but never 2 kuta.

I feel that I should be expecting at least 1 kuta from a survey for a master crafter, and, unless the game is cheating, on occasion that should be doubled up.

By the way, since the latest update I've been getting "protean" with NO aspect runes!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what to say... I collected my enchanting surveys the other day, got at least a half dozen double kuta nodes, and even 1 triple kuta node.

Now, a majority of the surveys did not have any kuta in them, but that's normal. It's usually about 1 in 3 or 4 have a kuta in them, and that's sometimes doubled to 2.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I don't know what to say... I collected my enchanting surveys the other day, got at least a half dozen double kuta nodes, and even 1 triple kuta node.

Now, a majority of the surveys did not have any kuta in them, but that's normal. It's usually about 1 in 3 or 4 have a kuta in them, and that's sometimes doubled to 2.

A triple kuta?! I have never seen that, I don't get to see double kutas :(

I'd just been thinking about how much I'd sell a top level enchanting survey for, and I thought about 250 gold, because I get about 1 kuta for every 10 surveys (I get more kutas "in the wild" than from surveys), and the rest is trash.

Some people are playing a different game!

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just did 10 surveys, 60 nodes:

142 Jejota
    67 Denata
    37 Rekuta
    0 Kuta

This is a master crafter character (since 2014), performing top level writs.

I say something is wrong. For a survey I expect to get better chance of drops before any multiplier is applied. And indeed that is what the game applies because you don't get Ta. So the total absence of kuta is a kick in the teeth.

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one noticed this, and drop in chormium grains from refining dust, at same time as new cp that was supposed to "improve" chances.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    14 surveys, still no kuta.
  • BioKem
    BioKem
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't tried any surveys, but I have farmed several hundred rune nodes and have not seen a single Kuta in the past month or so. I do get drops from crafting writs and hirelings though.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing writs on 14 characters, plus surveys and mails. Have seen no real difference in the amount of kuta I get. I usually have around 200 and sell any above that number. But I do occasionally forget to sell them and if I do, they quickly approach 300+, which happened last week. Getting drops from all sources that I mentioned.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutas have been reduced. I used to get them regularly on writs, now hardly ever on my multiple toons. In fact, I think I got one Kuta from 8 toons in 3 weeks of doing writs. And in nodes, hardly get them, either. Kinda glad I held onto them as I can't find them (other than traders of course).
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kuta drop rate seems fine? I mean, I get plenty of them, between writs, surveys and farming, to have more than enough for my toons and to occasionally sell either the runes or golden glyphs for a little extra gold.

I feel that alot of people lose sight )or just don't understand) that gold mats are suppose to be rare and in most cases, the difference between a purple piece of equipment and a golded one is only around 1-2% that doesn't mean a lot aside from the highest tier of gear for the highest tier of content, which is exactly how the devs intended it. They didn't want everyone running around with all gold equip from the get-go. Getting gold gear was and still is suppose to be part of the progression in the game.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leslik wrote: »

I think I've found a kuta on a survey node....well maybe 5 times and I've been gaming for years. Kutas drop much more easily anywhere else.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting Kuta's exactly like before. RNG is RNG. 30% drop rate from writs since forever, havent noticed a change this patch. Drop rate from surverys has always been lower than it should be IMO. Havent done surveys in a while, so cant comment specifically on that. I get 5-6 a day from turning in writs (when I do 18) and usually 1-2 more from hireling mails. Swimming in Kuta, one of the easiest mats to keep around.