The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wanted: "Sliding" Building Materials

Wildberryjack
Wildberryjack
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we have building materials to make, planks, stone, anything, that we can't stand on but will slide on? What I mean is this, know how you get on some surfaces and instead of standing you just slide off? Roofs mostly I'll admit. That. I want to build huge insane slides in my larger homes but there isn't anything we can use that we slide on.
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the game even have those physics? The ragdolls after NPC death kind of stick to the ground not moving very much.

I remember in Skyrim, we could get into a fast moving river and get carried downstream, for quite a long ways in some cases.

While it would be fun to build things to slide down or around, I don't think the Engine supports it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• YoWombat
    YoWombat
    ✭✭✭
    When you said sliding materials, I thought you meant say, a brick wall that you interact with and it slides to the side like a star trek door. That could be cool for making secret passages.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered if they could apply the same code to the items that roofs and such have where we can't stand on them but instead slide off.

Sliding doors would be cool too YoWombat.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YoWombat wrote: »
    When you said sliding materials, I thought you meant say, a brick wall that you interact with and it slides to the side like a star trek door. That could be cool for making secret passages.

That sounds really cool.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best thing you can do is make a steep ramp then put a interactable gate laying on its side. There's an Alinor Gate that does open up, if you put it above the ramp and open the gate thus dropping you onto the ramp, see how game mechanics handle it from there. I'm pretty sure you'll just land on your feet and take fall damage.
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes. Ice platform please. I would love to see slippery surfaces as a mechanic in the future.