Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 5
· NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/663391

Ghost/Fake traders everywhere?

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know why there are so many ghost guilds in trader spots all over on NA server? It’s like we’ve regressed back to the trader exploit or something...
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about ghost or fake guilds but I've certainly seen a lot of nub guilds in top trader locations. I can only assume it has to do with when the patch was released and whoever had the opportunity to place bids. Perhaps some of the top trading guilds had trouble logging in to put down bids.
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about ghost or fake guilds but I've certainly seen a lot of nub guilds in top trader locations. I can only assume it has to do with when the patch was released and whoever had the opportunity to place bids. Perhaps some of the top trading guilds had trouble logging in to put down bids.

Nope. These guilds have been systematically name similar to each other. They are intentionally ghost guilds to take trading spots from genuine guilds. The same guilds are just randomly inviting noob players in starter zones to get them to the 50 membership required too... it was like this prior to the 10 bid patch that stopped them in their tracks... but now the only reason I see them is surely to bottleneck the trader system...

Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS should implement a general trader where everyone gets 30 spots to list stuff, in tandem with the current guild trader system... as a compromise
    Options
  • TrinityDivine
    TrinityDivine
    ✭✭
    Which cities do you see these traders at? I noticed the Mournhold ones were mostly new (to capital cities) except for 1 or 2, and that all the regular Mournhold traders are in Elden Root this week. Usually this happens when there's a bidding war to push the "mafia" trading guilds out. (Oops was I not supposed to mention that name? :cold_sweat: )

I did notice that all the traders in Markarth were empty the day it was released but that's probably because whoever went in there first was able to snag the traders.
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll check again this week, but it was mainly the cIty traders of the non capitals. So Daggerfall, Abahs Landing, Marbruk, Riften etc
    Options