The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sooo... Alchemy needs a little work.

Carnage2K4
Carnage2K4
✭✭✭✭
1. Naming is pretty poor, same name for different potions with some differing effects is a little lame.
2. Alchemist not cited :( I noticed that crafters of weapons/armour get their name posted onto the items stats, I'm sure this could be done for potion 'sets' identical potions could just have multible names in the stats.
3. the ability to save a potion recipe would be cool, name it what you like even if it does just use an automated name when created, Currently I write down on paper my fav good potions.
4. Naming... cmon, we can report most other stuff if ppl abuse we can just report, I guess this one is a little, one way or the other for me, I can see the logic in having automated names, but maybe the ability for a user to right-click reset name could help if they don't like a personalised potion name.
5. MORE reagents... I know poisons are on the way, but man, 18 reagents is very small, things like persuasion need to make it in, the Mages guild has a passive for it, a potion like in other ES games needs to happen, I'm sure ZOS can come up with a heap more effects.
6. Enchantments, So you can't get any enchantment to enhance your proficiency in various areas? :(

Anyone else got anything else?
Alchemy feels half-done at this point, I hope it gets a good going over in the future.

Also, anyone notice that invisibility potions are set at 3 seconds on every level of alchemy? is this an error?
Edited by Carnage2K4 on 10 April 2014 03:04
Human Infant Connoisseur
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7- Dyes.....people have been screaming about being able to tine their armor whatever color they want.

I don't know however if they had that in mind when constructing the game so unsure if it's even a possibility.

8- Keeping track of failed combinations.

Everything else is recorded so why not what things do NOT go together?
    Edited by PlagueMonk on 10 April 2014 01:54
    Options
  • thismudtasteslikechocolaterwb17_ESO
    The naming thing probably won't happen for technical reasons, but everything else I agree with.
    Options
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dyes! That would be awesome having alchemists make your dye, for the level of armour you want it for, awesome Idea.
    Human Infant Connoisseur
    Options