Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

DK 2H Heavy Armour DPS

Baronz
Baronz
Soul Shriven
Okay so I have just hit Veteran level 1 using 2h/ bow offhand heavy armour in ardent flame. I don't think i'm running anyway near an optimal build, which is why I seek help. I didn't really want to use medium armour due to it not looking like a warrior, I know that sounds a bit weird but its just I think the heavy armour looks a lot better suited for a warrior type. I am mostly a pvp player so I am looking for the best sort of combo of weapon and skills to use, if people really think medium is much better I will switch. I don't want to tank tbh and that's what heavy armour seems to be geared towards. So can people recommend me an optimal build with medium/heavy armour for a DK which weapons I should go for, atm the build i'm running seems very underpowering.
  • yogarogue
    yogarogue
    ✭✭
    honestly if you want an optimal heavy armor 2 handed dps build roll Templar. I made a switch recently and I am enjoying my decision.

The synergy between 2 handed and Ardent flame is a bit awkward if you ask me.. The only real synergy I see is through critical charge + immobilize morph + flame lash. However DKs are AoE powerhouses when it comes to DoT dmg and CC. although you don't want to hear it this makes them much better suited for tanks. With all the DKs class skill choices I just don't see the bother in really going 2 handed. and putting two and two together you see that with their powerful class skills and no synergy between them and a 2handed weapon you can either be tank or purely 2 handed stamina build going 5 piece medium armor.. What you could do is go 5 / 2 medium heavy and make ur heavy pieces your chest piece and greaves so that you look MOSTLY heavy armor...I Dunno..
    Options
  • Baronz
    Baronz
    Soul Shriven
    I decided to change to a tank with shield and sword and my offhand as a staff for aoe damage. Im still a bit unsure about the armour though.
    Options
  • yogarogue
    yogarogue
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I made a DK tanking guide that's pretty in depth and synergistic.. check it out here: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/65715/dk-tanking-guide-an-offensive-approach#latest

Its been pushed back a couple of pages so maybe you can bring it forth again if youd like..
    Options
  • alpinecruzereb17_ESO
    I use a heavy armour DK offtank build and have found it great. I think min maxing in this game is a waste of brain so dont really worry about it since everyone will hit soft/hardcaps just in different ways.

I have an argonian dk. Using 2h weapon in both slots. I wear 5 heavy pieces and 1 l8ght 1 medium to level them all. Due to argonian racial increasing healing benefit from all sources im well into hp regen softcap.

I use mostly weapon skills with a mix of all class skills the aim is to kill my enemy while he is on the floor. I use critical dash as a gap closer immobilize followed up with obsidian shard to knockdown. I can then move into uppercut and reverse slash as a finisher. Tank abilities are green dragon blood to keep stamina up and unstoppable because being IMMUNE to all snares and stuns for 10 secconds as well as your armour and magic resist going into overdrive is just too cool.

Most of ky attributes are used in hp and stamina and despite wearing lots of heavy armour i rarely run out of stamina because of my enchants and stamina regen from greenbkood. It deals good damage and has the hp/regen and dmg mitigation to withstand some serious punishment.

Think outside the box people its rewarding. Games allows lots of builds to be successful dont just stick with the standards. . .
    Edited by alpinecruzereb17_ESO on 8 April 2014 12:23
    Options