The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Frozen Watcher (Heavy)
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 – Summon a blizzard around you while blocking, inflicting 1000 Frost Damage every 1 second to enemies within your blizzard. Your blizzard has a 15% chance of inflicting Chilled on enemies damage.

Didnt saw there is a direct thread for set feedback so i already created in regarding this set.

Like already mentioned, please change the max stamina To Max Magicka. Ice is always magicka related and this would make a great set for magicka warden. In pvp and for pve warden tanking when using an ice staff.

Please change <3

I would like to see only 1 stamina perk changed to magicka in order to be good all around set not tied to specific spec.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse eater as it stands is way out of proportion in terms of usefulness for pvp.

I´m gonna limit myself mostly to discussing a 1v1 situation here as grouping will mostly introduce too many variables that can make the set both stronger and weaker depending from which angle you look at it and how many people are using it.
    My approach is - if something is greatly overperforming 1v1 and has the potential to also help teammates it´s strengh when stacked in groups increases.

Lets compare it to wyrd tree - an already existing albeit niche but not unused set with a similar effect. Wyrd tree removes 5 effects on a 15s cooldown.
    By comparison curse eater is able to remove 15 effects in the same timeframe, while also restoring 1050 magica.
    I think introducing a set that is more than 3 times as effective than an already existing set should raise eyebrows (completely ignoring that the worse set does also NOT have group utility).

But what helps understand how powerful of an effect this is try to imagine this: You have an immortal player beside you that uses alliance war purge (one of the most expensive skills in the game) for you personally every two seconds - because this is what this set does when you have a hot active.

What do i think could be done to make this set more balanced without making it useless?

1: Increasing the cooldown to 4 or 5s and increasing the magreturn accordingly or
    2: Borrowing the mechanic from stendarrs embrace (another purge set that works on healing that has a cooldown on how often its effect can happen per target - 30s for 5 effects removed) - i´d go with 6 to 8s cooldown per target here.

Suggestion one would keep the set vaible for solo and group use imo without being as grossly OP as it currently is.
    Suggestion two would keep it very desireable set for healer/support role while making it less desireable for personal use only.

<Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    Curse-Eater seems incredibly strong, I think you should keep an eye on that and adjust it for balance.

Symphony of Blades is completely out of line with other sets if you run the numbers. It will be so easy to proc it on cooldown in any kind of content, meaning it will restore over 700 resource per second (1400 recovery) on average as somebody else pointed out. Normally you balance sets well and make sure their bonuses are roughly equal. I think a second look at the numbers of this set would be a really good idea, because as it is now I'd like to run it on all my characters, tanks, healers, DDs and PvP'ers, it's just way better than any other set in the game (apart from maybe olorime).

Really happy with the overall rework of sets and the new sets though, you've been really creative and I am excited about them as I'm sure you'll get them balanced :-D
    Edited by Lord_Ninka on 22 January 2019 13:33
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DisgracefulMind nevermind. It does proc only on ally and only in combat status. Quiet sad that it that limited.
    Edited by Cinbri on 22 January 2019 13:45
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    I see symphony of blades and curse eater and I feel like there is little thought in game design. We're just getting random set ideas just thrown out there willy nilly. There's no need to test even to see how badly this will affect the game

I think we need to test them and show videos. If curse eater is so broken, then why wasn't stendarr/the other set used during the bleed metas? Was it the cooldown too high even though the debuffs were doin flying off the shelves? Or was it because no one wantedto waste a 5pc set to fight against debuffs?

I think it's both and it's started to look like they wanteda PvP set that had some efficiency in the 5pc. It's literally got Gilliam's name all over this patch.

Because curseeater is 3x as good as wyrd tree for purging alone - and gives 1k extra magica in the same timeframe.
    Because curseeater is 6x as effective as stendarrs embrace when looking at 1 player (3x with 2 etc.).
    Because removing few effects in smaller incremental timeframes is stronger than removing lots of effects on long cooldown.
    <Noricum>

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @DisgracefulMind nevermind. It does proc only on ally and only in combat status. Quiet sad that it that limited.

So they changed the "on ally" mechanics for just this set. But other "on ally" sets proc on yourself. If that stays, this set is pretty much worthless. Since you cannot control the proc on allies if they are all taking damage. And especially worthless if it only applies to 1 person per cooldown.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    I see symphony of blades and curse eater and I feel like there is little thought in game design. We're just getting random set ideas just thrown out there willy nilly. There's no need to test even to see how badly this will affect the game

I think we need to test them and show videos. If curse eater is so broken, then why wasn't stendarr/the other set used during the bleed metas? Was it the cooldown too high even though the debuffs were doin flying off the shelves? Or was it because no one wantedto waste a 5pc set to fight against debuffs?

I think it's both and it's started to look like they wanteda PvP set that had some efficiency in the 5pc. It's literally got Gilliam's name all over this patch.

Because curseeater is 3x as good as wyrd tree for purging alone - and gives 1k extra magica in the same timeframe.
    Because curseeater is 6x as effective as stendarrs embrace when looking at 1 player (3x with 2 etc.).
    Because removing few effects in smaller incremental timeframes is stronger than removing lots of effects on long cooldown.

This. Seems way over tuned compared to other sets.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curse Eater is brokenly OP.
    That what happen when enemy CC you = you get break free and cc immunity for free:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQ0KP91NW8
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That what happen when enemy CC you = you get break free and cc immunity for free:

Do you mean curse eater automatically CC break?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please make your videos 15-20 seconds long so they don't jump to a new video so fast.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, any CC is considered as debuff and thus if it can - it will be automatically and instantly broken and granting you cc immunity, like on video Fossizilie don't even showed up its visual effect coz instantly broken. And it can work passively by hot, unlike other cleanse sets.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    Curse eater is amazing set that will help healers be more needed and desired in content, especially pvp but also in some very important pve aspects too.

Its game breaking for a sorc. We already can't hit a winged DK or cloaking NB's with anything but curse. Remove that we have no chance vs Dk's or NB's.

I've actually been working on builds that use nothing but Force Pulse spam and various procs, LOL. That's how bad the situation is for sorcs right now!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, any CC is considered as debuff and thus if it can - it will be automatically and instantly broken and granting you cc immunity, like on video Fossizilie don't even showed up its visual effect coz instantly broken. And it can work passively by hot, unlike other cleanse sets.

Wow, that sounds awesome actually...
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting this! Good to see we´re on the same page regarding this set :)!
    <Noricum>

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This may be a bug and hopefully will be fixed in next PTS iteration.
  • ALeoCat_ESO
    ALeoCat_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Does it proc on overheals?
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the set is too powerful, but it's cool to shake up the game every now and then
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Does it proc on overheals?

No. Same as it goes for sets like curse eater or transmutation - If ally's actual hp wasn't restored set wont proc.

This may be a bug and hopefully will be fixed in next PTS iteration.

Not a bug. Majority of CCs are considered as purgeable debuff effect of disabling your character. For example if you got CCed by Stone Fist and someone near use alliance war Cleanse - disabling stun effect will be removed from you. It barely noticed coz you cant cleanse yourself when you CCed. But with this set it allow to activate cleanse preemptively that lead to such situation:
    ezgif-2-64c37dc8bc9e.gif
    Set already sound very strong by its 5pc literally have 150mana regen and remove 1 negative effect per second but with possibility to cleanse all types of CC effects it look too strong.
  • Yazzazel
    Yazzazel
    Soul Shriven
    Deadly Strike

NEW
    2 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    3 – Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Increase the damage your Physical, Bleed, Poison, and Disease damage over time abilities do by 14%.

I have not tested this set but something is weird in that bonus because there is no Disease damage over time abilities in the game.

It would be interesting if the fifth pieces bonus of Morag Tong set makes the enemy take more damage from poison damage and as well disease damage.

• Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Icy Conjuror

Really want to love this set on Warden whom it would be great on, but having real issues getting it to proc. Minor debuffs are just too rare and the set will only proc when it is off CD and on the bar that the debuff is applied at the time the debuff is applied.
    This makes minor maim from frost a very unreliable producer as well, if it applies on the back bar.
    Ele drain is the most universally reliable, if you front bar it on a DD, otherwise it's pretty much a Templar set.

=far too niche.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Yazzazel wrote: »
    Deadly Strike

NEW
    5 – Increase the damage your Physical, Bleed, Poison, and Disease damage over time abilities do by 14%.

I have not tested this set but something is weird in that bonus because there is no Disease damage over time abilities in the game.

It would be interesting if the fifth pieces bonus of Morag Tong set makes the enemy take more damage from poison damage and as well disease damage.

I imagine Necro will have some disease DoTs.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    Icy Conjuror

Really want to love this set on Warden whom it would be great on, but having real issues getting it to proc. Minor debuffs are just too rare and the set will only proc when it is off CD and on the bar that the debuff is applied at the time the debuff is applied.
    This makes minor maim from frost a very unreliable producer as well, if it applies on the back bar.
    Ele drain is the most universally reliable, if you front bar it on a DD, otherwise it's pretty much a Templar set.

=far too niche.

This set is ridiculously easy to proc.

Examples:
    1. Elemental Drain (minor magicka steal)
    2. Shock glyph (minor vulnerability)
    3. Frost glyph (minor maim)
    4. Minor defile or minor vulnerability poisons (also others)
    5. Shadowrend (maim)
    6. Fasalla's (defile)
    7. Ice/lightning WoE (maim/vulnerability)
    8. Any source of minor lifesteal (Blood Funnel, Warden Leeching Vines)

This is just a list of magicka viable build decisions, ranging from just light attacking with a poison/glyph to using a skill to wearing a set.

It's also crazy strong damage.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Icy Conjuror

=far too niche.

Examples:
    5. Shadowrend (maim)
    6. Fasalla's (defile)

This is just a list of magicka viable build decisions, ranging from just light attacking with a poison/glyph to using a skill to wearing a set.

Yeah, and running ele drain is helping you anyways. Plus, if you want to control the proc more, you can just back bar the set and ele drain and run double staves. Apply ele on your back bar whenever you want the proc.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Icy Conjuror

=far too niche.

Examples:
    5. Shadowrend (maim)
    6. Fasalla's (defile)

I should of noted, I'm talking from a PVE perspective.
    I'm aware I can proc it on CD with Ele weapon, but I wouldn't run that in PvE as a DD. Also the service has an 8 sec cooldown, so it would be front barred, this limits WoE etc as they can (and will) apply debuffs on the back bar, which will carry over to front bar, but not proc the set.
    Definitely not run poisons just for this set.
    It is strong: according to my tooltip 2700 dps, however in a rotation, with frost enchants and front bar Winters embrace, it comes in for 1200.

Now for PVP I could see it having potential, however the animation looks pretty easy to dodge, though have not tested.
    Edited by Thorstienn on 22 January 2019 22:12
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yazzazel wrote: »
    Deadly Strike

NEW

Werewolf Claws of Life does disease damage over time but I agree with the other poster it is likely an indicator that necromancer will have stamina disease morphs.
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested the new Deadly Armor set vs War Machine, it outperformed war machine by a miniscule 500ish dps but is far easier to get.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does Deadly Strike also boost DoT dmg from proc sets (e.g. Viper)?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does my Khajiit Nightblade when swaping from my dual Spriggans daggers to my Spriggans Bow (Nirhoned trait and enchanted with Poison) increase my Max Magicka by 1037 ???

No Siphoning Skills on that bar. And it does not happen on Live (same character with all skills and passive the same) could not see a reason for it in the PTS patch notes.

Edited by majulook on 22 January 2019 23:22
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Symphony of Blades: Does not proc on self, unlike other "ally" sets. Bug or intended behavior? If this is a bug, please consider toning down this set. It is stronger than Lich or that stamina version of Lich no one uses.

Icy Boi: This set is currently way too strong. It has a good 4 piece, can easily reach a 30k tooltip, and can be deliberately proc'd on demand every 12 seconds. It's a TON of damage in a short time. For comparison:
    It's nearly 2x the damage of Caluurions
    It's 1/3 more damage than Zaans with a 1/3 shorter cooldown
    It does nearly 2x the damage of the initial hit of Shooting Star
    It does the same damage per tick as a destro ult

There is really no reason to have armor sets that out-perform ultimates unless they *replace* ultimate use.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Symphony of Blades: Does not proc on self, unlike other "ally" sets. Bug or intended behavior? If this is a bug, please consider toning down this set. It is stronger than Lich or that stamina version of Lich no one uses.

Icy Boi: This set is currently way too strong. It has a good 4 piece, can easily reach a 30k tooltip, and can be deliberately proc'd on demand every 12 seconds. It's a TON of damage in a short time. For comparison:
    It's nearly 2x the damage of Caluurions
    It's 1/3 more damage than Zaans with a 1/3 shorter cooldown
    It does nearly 2x the damage of the initial hit of Shooting Star
    It does the same damage per tick as a destro ult

There is really no reason to have armor sets that out-perform ultimates unless they *replace* ultimate use.

Icy Boi tooltip is way too high to be over the course of 4 seconds:
    ztotjovwn839.png
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock