Sorcerer Ranged Caster Is A Monster

Jeddahwe
Jeddahwe
✭✭✭
Resto staff, full light with regen talents 2nd resto staff heal morphed...knock back cast, shock and curse with the morphed pet (one that looks like a small dinosaur) thus far lvl 11 and I can't believe how powerful this build is...who needs defense when thing die in seconds!

I have not found any use for any other weapon simply because the class skills are nuclear bombs, the best weapon as far as I can tell is a resto staff because of the 2% extra dmg for every 20%hp I have (so 10% extra dmg at full health) as well as the 2nd heal which sends out laser beams towards 2 targets and puts a powerful HoT at low mana cost.

Can any one come up with a more powerful build for this class?

I know you can play any way you want, bow and pet or heavy armor and a massive 2h but will it be as effective as the above build?

The curse and shock which explodes if target falls below 20% is my dmg...the rest staff 2nd heal HoT is my mitigation...

Edited by Jeddahwe on 6 April 2014 04:18
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    I'm using almost the same thing, and it's pretty much been a breeze leveling so far. I skimped on the pet though, and instead use shards. Curse mob, shard them(instant cast morph is nice) heavy staff attack, curse explodes. Mob is dead or dying. If dying, I zap them with the lightning bolt to finish them off and use the hot to keep myself topped off in the instance a mob actually manages to hit me. That doesn't really happen unless they are boss/heavy mobs or I get swarmed.

I'm sure there are plenty of good builds still left in the oven though, lot's to cook up still as it's a new game.
    Options
  • Master_Quack14b14_ESO
    At low levels the pets seem good but they don't scale. After about level 20 they are not really that good (and reduces max mana).

You should definitely use a Frost Destro Staff for Destructive Reach. The root makes killing things a breeze!

My rotation is Elemental Drain -> Destructive Reach (Frost) -> Velocious Curse -> Crystal Fragments (Instant Cast at this point) -> Endless Fury (As needed....)

This rotation has allowed me to consistently mow through things 5-8 levels higher.
    Options
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    I love playing as a nuker from afar, only to run in with my great hammer or axe to smash the monster or monsters skulls.

While maybe not 100% nuke mage it is great fun.
    Options
  • Chomag
    Chomag
    ✭✭✭
    What you speak of is strictly a PVE build, it won't work in 1v1 pvp. Also destro staff is generally a poor idea for pvp.
    Options
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you could build for 1v1 and go out roaming for hours trying to find some lonely player trying to quest...
    Options
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be enough skill points for both PVE and PVP later, right now, just enjoy whichever works.
    Options
  • ajcollins80
    ajcollins80
    Soul Shriven
    I am sure the nerf bat will come out. If I had found a good combination I would have kept it quiet.
    Options
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    Overload is just a ridiculously good skill right now. Here is more of an in the fray type build that I am working towards:

http://esobuild.com/?EwbhEYFYQOhiBmAuAbDYAOAzMBMCG+wARgKZI4GYAMp6GwwkMWhFMG+AxusF0sF7VgAjiEjAALPgSSMLKQE4uGOpDky5CiZIlAA=

Critical Surge and Bound Armaments buff Overload to make it really powerful. I like the buff from Rapid Strikes, and Blood Craze is just nice to have for survival (Heals quite a bit, actually). The only issue with this is the weapon animations while Overload is active. You can actually use your weapon skills while Overload is on, but there is no animation, so you are kind of in the dark when using them. Invigorating Drain just keeps putting fuel on the fire (don't have this skill yet but simply cannot wait to get it). Having restoration staff in the back pocket is nice as well, especially when you are in the fray with melee and tank. Takes a little load off the healer in tight spots.

Also, if they nerf Overload, I could see them doing something about the initial ultimate (increasing it) and also increasing the rate at which it was drained, rather than reducing the damage.
    Edited by Solomon_Cato on 7 April 2014 17:39
    Options
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    Thanks Solomon Cato, I'll need to check out Bound Armaments and Critical Surge for Overload ( though I don't think you can crit with Overload since it is a channeled ability ).

And as for the OP, a 'better' build would simply be using Crystal Frag, Magelight, Dark Conversion, Winged Twilight/Volatile Familiar, and a filler then having your second bar use a destro staff with weakness to elements, shock, and Dark Conversion again as once you reach a certain point the best thing is to spam shock.
    Options
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    Thanks Solomon Cato, I'll need to check out Bound Armaments and Critical Surge for Overload ( though I don't think you can crit with Overload since it is a channeled ability ).

And as for the OP, a 'better' build would simply be using Crystal Frag, Magelight, Dark Conversion, Winged Twilight/Volatile Familiar, and a filler then having your second bar use a destro staff with weakness to elements, shock, and Dark Conversion again as once you reach a certain point the best thing is to spam shock.

You may be right about the crit, but I do know the statics from Surge and Armaments effect overload still.
    Options