The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

BETA Edition Or Reinstall With New Discs

Chuklz70
Chuklz70
I've been browsing all evening on the forums, and perhaps I missed this being answered elsewhere...

My spouse and I were in Beta, and played through the Early Access and now have the physical copies of our purchased editions of ESO.

Do we need to reinstall all this software and patch all over again, or simply enter all the Registration codes and we can continue playing?
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    No need for re-installs, the version used in betas updates normaly to the "retail" version.
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
    Options
  • Chuklz70
    Chuklz70
    Okay, so here's where it gets into PC Technical support. In older MMO's that my wife and I beta tested, you had to install the Official software; and yes, we began installing our discs before we questioned it.

Now my wife, who wanted to make some of her pc's hard drive space available again, deleted the 2nd, newer/unpatched copy of ESO. Since doing that the ESO-Beta shortcut and launcher do not work anymore.
    Options
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Without using a shortcut, navigate your way to the folder, where the older installation is, and run the launcher in the launcher folder.

If it is not there, or does not work, you can always install the launcher again from te account-page, using a different folder from the older installation. Let the launcher install to the point where it starts downloading the client again and cancel the DL, exit the launcher.

Then move the "the elder scrolls online" folder from the old beta installations folder to replace the same folder in the newest. Then run the launcher again, and let it patch if needed. Now you should have new installation of the launcher with the datafiles from the beta-install.

Hope this makes any sense!

(ive done this once, when i suspected that there was something fishy within the games installation)
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
    Options