Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What are your top 5 best features in ESO?

kallistiGAD
kallistiGAD
✭✭✭
I've seen a lot of negative posts lately but so far I've had a lot of fun with this game. So here are my top 5 favorite things about ESO.

~ The World Design
~ The Lore
~ The Crafting
~ PvP Balance
~ Focus on Exploration

What did you guys like the most about ESO?
Argonian Maids Gone Wild
The Flash Mob guild. Bringing the absurd to ESO
  • RedAvenger
    RedAvenger
    Soul Shriven
    I really like this, at least a positive thread.. awesome :pensive:

Well i love the above, as you said, but also i love
    - The questing system.
    - Talk to people to get hints about quests.
    - Random popup quests.
    - The class systems.
    - Dungeons.
    - Gear looks.
    - Spells - tho some spells still needs balancing.
    - Character customization.
    - Graphics
    - The way, that if you complete a quest, it changes the world. Some mobs that used to be hostile, becomes friendly etc.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    1: The world
    2: Animations
    3: Gear
    4: Graphics
    5: Long felt impact from ingame decisions that never go away.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    1. Lore - Always attracted to the ES universe.
    2. Crafting - I have been pleasantly surprised by this coming in, and it's actually become one of my favorite parts of the game and ranks pretty high up there when I compare against some of the other mmo's I've played.
    3. The Immersion - While I sometimes wish there was just a little bit more info in the UI, I'm content with how it is now. Whenever I start playing I always tend to lose track of time (not always a good thing), but really says something about how immersive the game can be.
    4. Class Balance - This is one thing that has truly impressed me, the classes seem extraordinarily balanced, anytime I feel something is a bit too strong, almost always it leads to, well, the player is actually really good, and not the skills used.
    5. PvP - After the first pvp trailer for ESO, I told myself, I could probably live in Cyrodiil, turns out, I was correct. There are times when I never want to leave that place.
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    1. The world/ graphics/ character models
    2. PvP/AvA
    3. Immersion
    4. No UI clutter
    5. No arena/bg PvP
    6. Fresh take on questing

Well that's 6, but they are my favorite ones.
  • Lizard_man
    Lizard_man
    ✭✭
    Little too tired to think, but those talking crows were pretty bad ass!
    ~ The World Design
    ~ The Lore
    ~ The Crafting
    Have to agree with these though...

:lol:
    Edited by Lizard_man on 3 April 2014 18:59
  • DJ_Pandatripp
    DJ_Pandatripp
    ✭✭✭
    1. Exploration
    2. The armor designs
    3. Crafting
    4. Aldmeri Zones, so lush with vegetation!
    5. PvP, haven't done much so far, but during beta I did a lot. It's so much fun.
    Gyra Lothbrok Norb DK
    Siggy Haraldson Imperial Templar
  • TwoClips
    TwoClips
    ✭✭
    1. Graphics
    2. Immersion in game world
    3. Armor
    4. Fire burning combat effects from my dragon knight
    5. Best of all; EXPLORATION. One day I just stopped questing/crafting and hit the beach line and started walking. Great scenery and great music!!
  • keni0922b16_ESO
    Trolls gotta love them Trolls
  • HaphazardAllure
    1. Lore and world design. This is the first MMO I've played that I've been able to get super immersed in. I also love how in addition to lorebooks there are notes scattered around explaining things about quests, npcs, etc. The level of detail in this game is simply amazing.
    2. Crafting is awesome. I love how you can make gear that is useful and on par with drops and quest rewards. Many MMOs have crafting that I consider to be little more than a boring grind, but in this game I actually find it fun and find that it adds depth to character progression that I really don't see in most other games. There are so many different looking pieces of armor and weapons in the world, and you can craft them all eventually if that is your goal. I love the idea of different racial styles for armor and weapons too. (If only I could find the racial motif books though, lol ;) )
    3. Npcs actually have personalities and add flavor to the game world, this feature is something that is missing for me in a lot of other MMOs (except The Secret World) and Zenimax did a phenomenal job at making the game world feel alive, especially in large cities. There are too many games that have main cities that are lacking in character because of super generic, bland npcs. The voice acting in this game is top notch, too.
    4. You can wear any mix of light, medium and heavy armor you want, no matter what class you choose. You can use any weapon no matter what class you choose.
    5. Focus on exploration and enjoyable questing with interesting stories to be found everywhere.

Pretty sure that was a bunch more than 5 things, but I can't help it, I really love this game, and in many ways it exceeded my expectations. :)
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    1. Graphics
    2. Armour (Even Level 1 Armour looks cool)
    3. FX
    4. Crafting (It's worth it)
    5. Exploration

In no particular order.
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Trolls gotta love them Trolls

Why, yes they do some to keep to coming back, don't they?

Top 5:

1. The map. The chance to explore all of Tamriel. Almost a dream come true.
    2. The size of the map. No dinky little map here.
    3. The quests . . . on the map.
    4. The stability and performance that allows me to play on laptop.
    5. Did I mention the map?

"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. It's elder scrolls
    2. I can hit things with stuff
    3. The game will have regular updates
    4. Good graphics
    5. I can upgrade the things I use to hit stuff
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a nice post ;)

1. Crafting

I love that it actually makes sense, not like at wow or other games where crafting has no real usage anymore. (at Vanilla wow we crafted to raid, now we raid to craft worse gear...)

2. Performance

I build my rig three years ago and I play on ultra with view distance at 100. While I know my rig is a goody, that is still so much better than anything I discovered in the past MMO releases. SWTOR had a horrible view distance and several lags when many players were around, Warhammer ... no words,
    Its fun to play an MMO on Ultra which is new, while BF or TR run on Ultra as well, its not that usual for new MMO´s to be balanced so well, great coding there Dev´s!

3. Sound

I really enjoy the sounds and music, feels wonderful.

4. Quests

No find three paws, kill 20 wolfs etc. quests. I really feel like I play an important role and am not just the pest controller. I also had to make a few decisions already and quests happen while I explore the world and not by entering a quest hub with 10 "! NPC´s"

5. Skill system

I am really impressed by it. Its the old Ultima way, a way that I like so much more compared to the boring skill tree´s other MMO´s have. You do something and get better by doing so, its great fun. I also like the idea of morphing, I can make a char like I want to play, its wonderful.

6. No DPS meters

I hope it stays that way, the elitism that comes from those is just horrible, it ruined wow and every other MMO of the past years. In the wrong hands those meters ruin the fun, as they open ways of harassment.

7. Immersion

Nothing on my screen, wonderful!
  • Ibura
    Ibura
    ✭✭✭
    1. Exploration
    2. Immersion in the world
    3. Looks of the game
    4. Crafting
    5. PVP model with castles and boiling oil in a huge landscape

And the feeling it gives "I don't care what lvl I am, I love to be here'
  • Grimas
    Grimas
    all the above plus its a sub game.
    Grimas - Imperial DK Tank - DC
  • Ibura
    Ibura
    ✭✭✭
    Grimas wrote: »
    all the above plus its a sub game.

Yes!

• c.andersenb16_ESO
    1. Aim and fight! Like any proper Elder Scrolls game we gotta aim at stuff and take action, no stupid target mob, click right rotation and go loot mob. I feel like im actually taking part of the combat, it reminds me alot of the good old DAoC days.
    2. The world is confusing and big. I dont feel like im following a perfect line through quests and areas, i run a bit here and there and meet random encounters, quests and nodes/treasures.
    3. Voice acting! After playing swtor, any game with quests in writting simple turned me off, but this have good voice acting, though not as good as swtor.
    4. Class/Skill system, be what you want do what you want, its awsome and i can change my playstyle on the fly with just a few new skill points.
    5. Crafting - Complex, interesting and usefull! And i love that you actually gotta look around the world to find nodes, instead of looking at a minimap all the time.

Others i like to mention fast:
    Performance is great - I was at DAoC pretty early, at wow and at swtor launches, and with fear of what might happen on real launch tommorow, i feel they have done well with fixing and stability.

Almost no UI - I was and might still buy the PS4 version, cause i hate addons and i just wanna immerse my self into the game, current UI help with this as there is barely any.

• MsSvig
    MsSvig
    Buggy quests aside... I really enjoy all aspects of the game. There is one thing however that has surprised me...

The crafting system.

Unlike in most MMo's where the crafting -at least in my opinion- is a necessary evil and a boring time sink. The crafting in ESO is a fun and immersive experience. The last couple of days I've even gotten up a couple of hours before having to go to work simply to explore, gather mats and craft.

Who ever designed the crafting system deserves a special commendation for a job well done.

Edit - I also like the fact that it is a sub game
    Edited by MsSvig on 3 April 2014 20:12
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    What did you guys like the most about ESO?

~ The World Design/Graphics (love the focus on realism and non-cartoony imagery)
    ~ Open ended Character/Class design (Not as Sandboxy as I'd like, but close enough)
    ~ The Crafting (Complex yet not tedious, and crafted gear is actually desirable)
    ~ Item Decay
    ~ Focus on Exploration/Lack of walls and rails
    Edited by SadisticSavior on 3 April 2014 20:13
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    -The way you can get weapons and gear
    - The environment
    - Crafting
    - The interesting people you meet
    - Its TES as an MMO
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    • Crafting: I LOVE crafting in ESO! And finding the materials!
    • Exploration/ the world: I could just walk the whole time without doing quests. It's so much fun. The map is awesome.
    • Quests & Lore: I actually like to listen to the NPCs. The stories are interesting. The quests aren't laborious.
    • Choices: I think really carefully before I choose an answer for some quests. I don't want to destroy the life of a poor NPCs just because I got careless!
    • The Dungeons: I don't get lost in the dungeons! YAY! ;_;
    • The Gear: we can wear everything! EVERYTHING! Light armor, medium armor or heady armor...or all of them mixed together! I am so happy about that!
    • The Skills: The skill system is fun. It's nice to get a skill point and think about my skills...what should I skill next?
    • Achievements: achievements are great. I always like them.
    • Sky Shards: Everytime I find one I feel so lucky!
    • The NPCs: Jakarn! ♥ Hahaha!
    ~ ♥ ~