Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should we forget about a European Mega server?

Bloodmonarch
Bloodmonarch
✭✭
Why don't we just have one Mega 'MEGA' server located in the US. The game has been perfectly playable with the current EU mega server located in the US, with no noticeable lag at all.

The benefits of the one Mega 'MEGA' server is obviously a fully populated world 24/7. If you are in Europe and want to play in the early hours of the morning you are in US prime time, if you want to play at 8am you are in Asian primetime. I'm sure it could even be set so that you are first instanced with those in the same time zone, and only if the population in your time zone is low are you then placed in instances with players from other time zones.

It would also mean Cyrodiil is populated 24/7....thoughts anyone?
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I dont want to see: French, German, Non American English, Spanish, Spanglish, Russian or any other -ian on my american server.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're suggesting the server is all in one place - that wouldn't be good for EU latency.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • rolopololoco
    No. I dont want to see: French, German, Non American English, Spanish, Spanglish, Russian or any other -ian on my american server.

Ironic words for someone who names himself after a Scandinav"ian" hero lol!

• Seneschel
    Seneschel
    ✭✭

Why do you even bother posting?
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    Quite frankly, the US megaserver has enough problems even with just NA preorderers on it. I can barely see it surviving official launch tomorrow with the new stream of impulse buyers due in, let alone whole other countries piling on.
  • Bloodmonarch
    Bloodmonarch
    ✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    If you're suggesting the server is all in one place - that wouldn't be good for EU latency.

That's point though, have you noticed any latency issues?...because I haven't

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My internet is pretty bad. As it is I usually have to set my graphics to low - so any extra internet speed is most welcome.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Bloodmonarch
    Bloodmonarch
    ✭✭
    Thesiren wrote: »
    Quite frankly, the US megaserver has enough problems even with just NA preorderers on it. I can barely see it surviving official launch tomorrow with the new stream of impulse buyers due in, let alone whole other countries piling on.

That's why I called it a Mega 'MEGA' server, the current one would have to be expanded. I'm assuming as it is instanced it could be expanded infinitely by just continually adding more and more servers. You don't need one single central processor as it is all instances, which are effectively separate servers, all they need to do is talk to each other.

That's my assumption anyway....was just some food for thought

Edited by Bloodmonarch on 3 April 2014 19:49
  • Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    Ehh, I would assume the EU Megaserver is in, you know, the EU?

And I would prefer it that way, I don't particularly want to play with 150ms in Cyrodiil.
    EU Megaserver
    [MAIN] Luciana - Imperial - Dragon Knight - Aldmeri Dominion
    [ALT] Arrenhe - Altmer - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

My internet is pretty bad. As it is I usually have to set my graphics to low - so any extra internet speed is most welcome.

Your internet speed doesn't do anything to your graphics, although you will see your fps drop to 0 when you get a lag spike, that is because during the spike their is no image for your GPU to process so it produces 0 fps.
  • Bloodmonarch
    Bloodmonarch
    ✭✭
    Luciana wrote: »

And I would prefer it that way, I don't particularly want to play with 150ms in Cyrodiil.

No..at the moment the EU server is located in the US. It is slated to be moved to Europe at some later date
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭

Then you'd assume incorrectly, at least for the time being.
    Personally, I'd prefer it in EU because whilst latency is fine, why settle when it could be better?

• myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    Uh, no. I thought tells asking if I'm BR was bad. Imagine the chaos with 20+ more languages LOL.

• Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    Hirion wrote: »

Then you'd assume incorrectly, at least for the time being.
    Personally, I'd prefer it in EU because whilst latency is fine, why settle when it could be better?

I see, I'm a bit conflicted then, as I too haven't really experienced latency issues.

Though, that could be because, us all being Europeans, we all have around the same latency, this would likely not be so if we were stacked into the US Megaserver.
    Edited by Luciana on 3 April 2014 20:02
    EU Megaserver
    [MAIN] Luciana - Imperial - Dragon Knight - Aldmeri Dominion
    [ALT] Arrenhe - Altmer - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still install both clients and switch depending on time of day or maintenance. Not ideal, but close