Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I want to join an RP server where is the Mega Server Shard questionnaire?

begothprincessb14_ESO
In the beginning I was informed that I would have to fill out a questionnaire to be placed inside a server shard. Well, I never got that questionnaire, so my question is how do my Fiance and I join an RP/PvE server?
  • Gierolf_Whitecoatb16_ESO
    who informed you of this? ESO has been aiming for a MEGAserver from the beginning, IE: everyone on a single server.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding there are only two mega-servers. One for NA and one for EU. There's not server shards divided up into RP/PvE/PvP. Your best bet is to find an RP guild that's active on whichever mega-server you're playing on (either NA or EU).
    Edited by Lalai on 2 April 2014 09:00
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to be the one telling you this but they discarded that system, unfortunately.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    In the beginning I was informed that I would have to fill out a questionnaire to be placed inside a server shard. Well, I never got that questionnaire, so my question is how do my Fiance and I join an RP/PvE server?
    Just an FYI, you don't get a questionnaire for anything involving the game, short of account actions, restorations, and game master/development work on your accounts. I would recommend checking the guild recruitment category and get started hunting there.
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • spidur
    spidur
    Soul Shriven
    As much as Mega Server's are going to make it harder for RP/PvP/PvE players compared to that of set servers, I must admit, Guilds will most likely be formed around those presets. Lalai is right, find a guild that is based around Role playing.
  • begothprincessb14_ESO
    @Gierolf_Whitecoat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwcnTQ6c--s
    start at 2:10 Tells about the questionnaire and how it was told to happen. However now apparently that idea was discarded? How did you know it was discarded Baphomet?
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a RP guild is kind of a must for RPrs
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    It was discarded seemingly ages ago. I recall Devs posting about it in some interviews, not that I can remember where or link them.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Well there are RP guilds in the forums there is also our RP guild Bloodline in the Ebonheart Pact, here is a quick excerpt of detail from our website at www.bloodline-eso.com

Bloodline is a detailed, high quality, heavy Role-Play (RP) guild on The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) available for the NA gaming server. In this guild, "Real Life Always Comes First". Bloodline is a fellowship made up of beings for the Ebonheart Pact. Our home is a military/family order, (military in our structure and how we work, but family in the degree of our regard towards each other. We also have many different branches of our order for those characters that don't fall into a "soldier" type of role.
    Edited by Trouvo on 2 April 2014 09:12
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they need to bring it back or have a roleplay toggle that you can phase in and out of. I would like to see a purgatory phase too for people that get reported a lot for trolling. Let them ruin each others good time IMO.

Really was disappointing to hear this was gone.

I say when the bugs and what not are ironed out and the servers are stable we should rabble for this.
    Edited by Laura on 2 April 2014 09:12
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    start at 2:10 Tells about the questionnaire and how it was told to happen. However now apparently that idea was discarded? How did you know it was discarded Baphomet?

due to this i have also been under the impression there is a questionnaire.
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood the amount of angst over trolling that is far easier solved by using /ignore.
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    Hate to be the one telling you this but they discarded that system, unfortunately.

really? do you have a basis for this argument?
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like they were not heavily involved with the betas. The questionnaire was never brought up in the beta phases from Nov. last year to release. Nor was it ever suggested during the time the testing was ongoing. The megaserver basically pools everyone together basically with whatever guild, or friends you make. The questionnaire was never implemented, and I really don't know where this guy got this information but it was never mentioned or even brought into the game during the betas. He did state however "Probably" rather than a maybe, or if which at this moment in time, is a big "no", it simply never was added in beta, and looks like it won't be added in live either.
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    they need to bring it back or have a roleplay toggle that you can phase in and out of. I would like to see a purgatory phase too for people that get reported a lot for trolling. Let them ruin each others good time IMO.

I say when the bugs and what not are ironed out and the servers are stable we should rabble for this.

But what you consider "trolling" may not always be trolling...sometimes it's just people tired of seeing or answering the same questions over and over and over again within 5 seconds of the last response/answer. If ya can't deal with the trolls ignore works GREAT! There is also the point that if you can't deal with the trolls MMOs may not be for you. It's the way things are. Not how they should be just are. I wish it were different as well, but over time I have just come to accept that they are like gold farmers...always gonna be there no matter what ya do!
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like they were not heavily involved with the betas. The questionnaire was never brought up in the beta phases from Nov. last year to release. Nor was it ever suggested during the time the testing was ongoing. The megaserver basically pools everyone together basically with whatever guild, or friends you make. The questionnaire was never implemented, and I really don't know where this guy got this information but it was never mentioned or even brought into the game during the betas. He did state however "Probably" rather than a maybe, or if which at this moment in time, is a big "no", it simply never was added in beta, and looks like it won't be added in live either.

ZOS actually said there was going to be at either E3 or PAXeast idr which, but it had been stated by them that this was going to be implemented and never did they say it had been decided not to be included
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »

But what you consider "trolling" may not always be trolling...sometimes it's just people tired of seeing or answering the same questions over and over and over again within 5 seconds of the last response/answer. If ya can't deal with the trolls ignore works GREAT! There is also the point that if you can't deal with the trolls MMOs may not be for you. It's the way things are. Not how they should be just are. I wish it were different as well, but over time I have just come to accept that they are like gold farmers...always gonna be there no matter what ya do!
    Another bonus to remember is that the ignore feature covers the whole account of the user ignored. So once you ignore them, they are gone forever from your presence, and you can advise your friends to follow that example. Most of the people that troll or grief are either bored with the game, need a few more years before playing this game again (Since it is rated mature), or simply do it because they are callous and don't care a thing about the players trying to enjoy their game their own way.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tripp3r wrote: »
    Baphomet wrote: »

really? do you have a basis for this argument?

The basis for the argument is that the video is extremely old. The sharding discussed has not been present in any beta, and is absent from any guides (including "get started" type guides) currently available. It just doesn't exist. If you want to continue looking for it, feel free.. but people aren't saying it got discarded just to be mean and troll-y. They are actually trying to provide correct information.
    Edited by Lalai on 2 April 2014 09:23
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »

ZOS actually said there was going to be at either E3 or PAXeast idr which, but it had been stated by them that this was going to be implemented and never did they say it had been decided not to be included
    While this is true, we both know that they didn't display any hints of the questionnaire or test it out with the beta phases we both were in, @Trouvo. Yes, I recall your informative posts and reviews during the last phase. If they were going to impliment it, they should have during beta to at least test out how well it works, if it worked at all, and whether or not it was too resource heavy for active use by thousands of players at the same time (Stress tests conclusive of course.), we simply didn't see any of that in the beta phases, at all. I'm just stating what I do know from my experiences, I'm sure you understand where I am coming from.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »

While this is true, we both know that they didn't display any hints of the questionnaire or test it out with the beta phases we both were in, @Trouvo. Yes, I recall your informative posts and reviews during the last phase. If they were going to impliment it, they should have during beta to at least test out how well it works, if it worked at all, and whether or not it was too resource heavy for active use by thousands of players at the same time (Stress tests conclusive of course.), we simply didn't see any of that in the beta phases, at all. I'm just stating what I do know from my experiences, I'm sure you understand where I am coming from.

Yes, of course I understand I just wanted to be specific for users that were not aware that at one point this was going to be a "thing", as it had been stated by the devs at one point.
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    *nods @Trouvo* I gotcha. Understood.
  • begothprincessb14_ESO
    Perhaps, in light of recent events an RP toggle like suggested might be the way to go. A way to flag that your character likes to RP and would like to be grouped with other RPers. I dont really know how the Mega Server works now, or how it hosts every single player through out NA/EU. It just seems too large to handle.... Imo. However I do think this lack of choice, needs to be addressed.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps, in light of recent events an RP toggle like suggested might be the way to go. A way to flag that your character likes to RP and would like to be grouped with other RPers. I dont really know how the Mega Server works now, or how it hosts every single player through out NA/EU. It just seems too large to handle.... Imo. However I do think this lack of choice, needs to be addressed.
    They have stated they will be, and understand how important their RP community is, just not right away or probably within the first month or 2
  • begothprincessb14_ESO
    Ah excellent! One can only hope that this idea doesn't get scrapped as well. Thank you Trouvo!
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the rp people get there own spot reading through chat with them around is annoying.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps, in light of recent events an RP toggle like suggested might be the way to go. A way to flag that your character likes to RP and would like to be grouped with other RPers.
    I have a flag in play with every character I make. The flag is... walking.

I will generally, walk everywhere while in a city and more than half of the time I'm out in the gameworld or dungeon.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• discosoc
    discosoc
    ✭✭✭
    I really with Zeni did a better job at communicating things like this to the community. It's like they are making this stuff up as they go. Not very professional at all.