Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Forum continuing improvement?

superfluke
superfluke
✭✭✭
This is me (a player) helping you (players) by complaining about these depression-era 1930's forums. No need to rush me with knee jerk defense, I love the game too but these forums are blechh.
Do you even backstory, bro?
  • Gusthav
    Gusthav
    Game is great. Forums are terrible.
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here is what needs more work.
    1.Be consistent, sometimes you change the order of languages German. French, English, then English, German, French. Stop. Always use English, German, French or the same pattern. Use colors to separate the Languages.

2. Separate such things by forum language, don't try to be a social engineer: Meaning ALL English discussions go under an English main title (with a flag icon if need be!), so people don't have to search if there is anything in English in some new area of discussions. This mentality of making sure its all one big social melting pot is ridiculous.

3. Order of importance! Player discussions, after Game announcement/Patch Notes are the most important thing and forget trying to separate Player Q&As with Game Discussion, they are the same thing, or they will be used the same way. Players do not use a different discipline on each, but the same; they see the subject and plunge into it if they are interested. Whether something is a true question or opinion will get blurred in a hurry.

4. USE Color, as a help to separate things, with obvious ones like red for PvP, Green for Crafting for example and so on. Also use Bold lettering.

Get whomever is doing these Forums thus far some help, it is coming across thus far as OJT (on the job training). Its a business not a social experiment.

• Karner
    Karner
    I was hoping for something like this:
    http://imgur.com/XHtGzKx,v5tbTnk,xsL8wfV
    I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Forum desperately needs at least a general chat sub-forum and an off-topic forum as well. Navigation at least has been improved somewhat with the subdivision into different languages.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    They changed things, didn't they? At least game discussion and customer support are divided up by language now, although the other sections are still jumbled up.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    The layout is definitely better though. I really don't expect a color scheme change any time soon. As drab and difficult to read as these earth tones may be I think we are stuck with them for a while longer.

Luckily, I can control the color scheme myself with the Stylebot extension for Chrome.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what they hope to accomplish by mixing the languages. My husband is a native German speaker but is playing the game in English and therefore uses the English forum - the terms for things in the game differ by language, not everything is a direct translation. People will use the forum that matches the language they play in, even if they speak all three.

I like the color scheme, though. It's easier on the eyes than the black backgrounds most game forums seem to have.
    Edited by Melian on 3 April 2014 14:26
  • Cristiano
    Cristiano
    ✭✭✭
    I find the mixture of different languages together in the same forum sections to be confusing. It would be far better split into separate forum sections first by language, then the subforums, instead of the way it is mixed now. The forum software they are using in general seems to be quite lacking, and is made worse by how jumbled everything seems.
  • Karner
    Karner
    Exactly, the site itself is split into the 3 languages; why not the forums aswell? If the site is selected in EN then it should set you to the EN forums.
    I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -