Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Quest has changed. Bug or Intended?

Edda
Edda
✭✭
I made a new character today, a Nord Sorcerer of Ebonheart faction. Upon arriving in Bleakrock the starting quest was different from how it was before. Different from only yesterday

The quest A Beginning at Bleakrock did not send me to talk to Captain Rana to start gathering everyone up for evacuation. I went to see Captain Rana anyway, but she did not have a quest. The quest instead marked some exploration points, 3 I believe, on the map. After I want to the first exploration point the quest removed the remaining 2 map markers and the quest description updated to Talk to Seyne.

Is this change in the quest something intended or is it a bug? I am confused that it would be different from the 3 characters I dragged out of the tutorial and started that quest with only yesterday.
“The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Baratan
    Baratan
    ✭✭
    My GF & I made our characters yesterday, she had the quest to speak to Rana, I had the version where I was supposed to explore the island. No idea why it worked that way, eventually the questlines converged.
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    Well, I deleted the character and recreated her and the quest appeared just fine that time. Then I made another character, a few hours later, and again, no quests from Rana.

Until I get it confirmed that it's an intended variation, not a bug. I'm just gonna reroll if it happens. Makes me paranoid that the character is bugged in all sorts of other ways.
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • piratepoet
    Had something similar happen today. Got the quest to talk to Rana but while killing mudcrabs on the beach (before seeing Rana) it updated by itself to become the explore Bleakrock part, and talking to Rana did not give any of the other dialogue.