Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where do guild Store Fees

BmcD73
BmcD73
✭✭✭
If you are in a trader guild, where do all the guild fees go? Does the guildmaster get all the guild fees? Are we basically making someone really rich in game?
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    The fees go, as they say 'to the house', meaning they don't go to anyone. They're taken out of the game. This is called a gold sink - it's healthy for the economy.
    Edited by Cayce_of_Kata on 3 April 2014 06:20
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Are you certain? Are you a guildmaster of a trading guild? I know money sinks are important but I just saw someone recruiting saying that all guild fees collected will be distributed evenly among the members every month. The in game help says "10% of the sale price is kept by the guild store". It doesn't just say it's a fee which is a little ambiguous. If I am making someone filthy rich on my efforts, then it's time to rethink how I use trading guilds.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He's certain, it's a gold sink.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

She*

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is called a gold sink - it's healthy for the economy.
    That isn't a universally accepted theory.

• BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭

So because you say so it is true? This game is very different than most MMOs. The mechanics are different, there is no real AH, etc. There are so many different things that I could see this working both ways. I would like some sort of proof. What source can you reference?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

She*

Sorry, she.

Also I'm a PTS tester. This is just what I know. If you need hard proof, start a guild, get 50 people to join and use the store to see for yourself. It's the only way to be sure, and you can probably find some people who want to test it. Give everyone recruitment powers and just invite random people in game. You'll hit 50 pretty quick.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Beagle wrote: »
    It is a gold sink. Devs have already stated this in the past.
    It is a gold sink. We are evaluating it, but it was something to help keep the value of gold up.

Almost forgot the link if you need to read it for yourself.

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/20/eso-reddit-ama-summmary/

:)

EXCELLENT! Thank you for posting this. I wonder what this guy was jabbering about then? Is it possible that guilds get a cut of money made in cyrodil owned keep stores? Maybe that was what he was talking about.