Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    finally here people!!!
    Argonian Master Race
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And? Do we have confirmation that the bug is gone?
    Options
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    i bought it fang lair by itself and it works
    Argonian Master Race
    Options
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, just tried it 5 minutes ago. Cannot read it!
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nolphi if you had previously read the Scalecaller motif and then tried to read Fang Lair before this past Monday, I think your character is still bugged for the time being. That’s the “we’ll be fixing this shortly” clause from the patch notes.

Edit for quote with emphasis added:

“Fixed Issue where the Fang Lair Style Book was not granting the Fang Lair Style or Fang Lair Style Master Achievement.
    Note: Those that were affected by this bug will be fixed in the near future.
    Edited by jypcy on 3 July 2018 14:20
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hang tight, everyone. We're working on getting you more details about how you'll be fixed if you purchased the bugged version of the Motif last week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    The drop setup would imply that you think that people actually run scalecaller on vet hm....

it is one of the most popular vet hm dungeons because of zaan
    Options
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please note if you buy a new version of the Fang Lair the bug still persists. Your crafter still will not be able to read the current ( Fixed) version of Fang Lair wasting another 40$ of your money.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    gangyzgirl wrote: »
    Please note if you buy a new version of the Fang Lair the bug still persists. Your crafter still will not be able to read the current ( Fixed) version of Fang Lair wasting another 40$ of your money.

Did you already own one from last week? Or is this brand-new-never-on-your-account?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already owned one, but I have two crafters. I thought since this was "Fixed" I would get the new fixed book from the crown store and learn it on my main crafter.
    Options
  • lishybach
    lishybach
    ✭✭
    Mine worked fine :) thank you zos for working to get this fixed.
    Options
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is still under the impression that my main/crafter already knows Fang Lair, so I'm keeping the motif that I bought a week ago. Buying a new one would solve nothing and it would be a waste to learn it on another character.

That being said, I would like to, y'know, use the motif I already paid for. I am very unhappy with the fact that I can't.
    Options
  • serigal
    serigal
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Quick question, are you supposed to get the ability to craft these sets and use it and it’s variants in the outfit station?

Does that include the battleground variant of both motifs?
    Edited by serigal on 3 July 2018 14:48
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if it is safe to read the individual dropped scalecaller pages without screwing yourself over for learning fang lair now after the maintenance?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I already owned one, but I have two crafters. I thought since this was "Fixed" I would get the new fixed book from the crown store and learn it on my main crafter.

Got it. Unfortunately the motif won't work since you had already purchased the bugged one last week, and we need to fix the accounts (not characters) that are currently in that state. We're trying to determine when that fix will happen as we speak. Will hopefully have more info for everyone on that later today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • jenny32x
    jenny32x
    Soul Shriven

Did you already own one from last week? Or is this brand-new-never-on-your-account?

The one I bought and which malfunctioned still displays *Already in your library*. I put the motif book into my bank. For my other characters the very same motif book displays *Use to learn ….*. But not for my 9T Crafter for which I bought it and where it malfunctioned. That looks to me like the bug is character-related. Is there any chance that will be fixed? I dont think it is of any use to buy another motif book when the bug is in a particular character.
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    serigal wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Quick question, are you supposed to get the ability to craft these sets and use it and it’s variants in the outfit station?

The character who reads the page should be able to craft fang lair and Scalecaller pieces using Dragonbone and infected flesh, respectively. You should also be able to use these styles in any character’s outfit after a character learns the motifs.

Their variants from bgs, Fanged worm and Horned Dragon, are outfit styles. You cannot craft pieces in this style, but you can use them in any character’s outfit after a character reads the respective page for that style.

Edit to add:
    jenny32x wrote: »

The one I bought and which malfunctioned still displays *Already in your library*. I put the motif book into my bank. For my other characters the very same motif book displays *Use to learn ….*. But not for my 9T Crafter for which I bought it and where it malfunctioned. That looks to me like the bug is character-related. Is there any chance that will be fixed? I dont think it is of any use to buy another motif book when the bug is in a particular character.

Despite the book being readable by other characters, the bug is probably affecting your entire account because available outfit styles are accountwide, not character based. So until they roll out the fix for bugged accounts, you won’t be able to learn it using the book (and likely not from individual pages, either, though I’m not sure on that one).
    Edited by jypcy on 3 July 2018 14:58
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it. Unfortunately the motif won't work since you had already purchased the bugged one last week, and we need to fix the accounts (not characters) that are currently in that state. We're trying to determine when that fix will happen as we speak. Will hopefully have more info for everyone on that later today.

Since zenimax stance is that they can't grant achievements that are glitched, is it possible that they might make an exception for this one
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    So, do we know when a fix is coming for those of us who bought both motifs, and now have a useless gold book in our inventories?

I understand the need to fix the motif first, but please don’t forget us !

^this.right.here.^
    Options
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on 11 July 2019 17:04
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PetiteFire wrote: »
    I was going to buy my set from the cash shop today, but is it still bugged? :/

If I'm not mistaken, accounts that purchased it when it was bugged will require service for the currently available one to work, but the current one available is not bugged.
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PetiteFire wrote: »
    I was going to buy my set from the cash shop today, but is it still bugged? :/

If you tried learning it last week and couldn’t, apparently that bugged your account and you’ll need to wait until it’s fixed. Gina’s hoping for more details on that today.

If you just bought the motif last week but haven’t tried learning it yet because you knew of the bug, then I believe you should be able to read it now without fear of bugging your account.
    Options
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on 11 July 2019 17:04
    Options
  • serigal
    serigal
    jypcy wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The character who reads the page should be able to craft fang lair and Scalecaller pieces using Dragonbone and infected flesh, respectively. You should also be able to use these styles in any character’s outfit after a character learns the motifs.

Their variants from bgs, Fanged worm and Horned Dragon, are outfit styles. You cannot craft pieces in this style, but you can use them in any character’s outfit after a character reads the respective page for that style.

That is my question, are the bg variants suppose to be included in the motif books?

Since they are clearly the outfit variant of each style and the book description in the CS says you get both the ability to craft the style and use the associated styles in the outfit station.

I’m asking because I bought them learned them but can’t use the outfit station bg version, if they are separate I won’t report the bug

Edited by serigal on 3 July 2018 15:44
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

That is my question, are the bg variants suppose to be included in the motif books?

Since they are clearly the outfit variant of each style and the book description in the CS says you get both the ability to craft the style and use the associated styles in the outfit station.

I’m asking because I bought them learned them but can’t use the outfit station bg version, if they are separate I won’t report the bug

The dungeon styles and bgs styles are two different styles. The “variant” terminology was essentially just placeholder names on the PTS. In practice, they’re completely separate.

Edit: sorry, so to be clear, no, they’re not supposed to be included. It’s the same as not getting the divine prosecution style when you unlock the altmer style; altmer is both a crafted style and an outfit style, both of which you get when you read the motif. Divine prosecution, though also a high elf themed style, is separate.
    Edited by jypcy on 3 July 2018 16:05
    Options
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading mine bought today worked fine. Me necromancer is finally outfitted perfectly! <3
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
    Options
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭
    So I had customer service refund my 5000 crowns and re-purchased the fang lair motif today. Same problem. I read it, nothing happens, and it stays in my inventory.

Just a heads up to the rest of the people out there that tried last week, re-purchasing the motif today does not fix the issue. Guess we have to wait for zos to fix it for us.
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • Flawless Conqueror x11 - All Classes Mag & Stam
    • 32k+ Achievement Points (global)
    • Former Emperor / Grand Master Crafter / Master Angler
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
    Options
  • serigal
    serigal
    Thanks Jypcy
    Options
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    Persistent bug...
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the_Beard wrote: »
    So I had customer service refund my 5000 crowns and re-purchased the fang lair motif today. Same problem. I read it, nothing happens, and it stays in my inventory.

Just a heads up to the rest of the people out there that tried last week, re-purchasing the motif today does not fix the issue. Guess we have to wait for zos to fix it for us.

thanks for letting us know. @the_Beard
    Options