Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO Launch Tomorrow!

vicster0
vicster0
✭✭
Here's to all you non-preoderers! :wink:
cheers_leonardo_dicaprio.gif
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    I agree with you @vicster0‌
    All those that join us US or EU - Welcome we have been working to make your launch smoother by testing even more the game it self.. ;)tumblr_mp0538lTDe1r3jkvto1_1280.jpg
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • vicster0
    vicster0
    ✭✭
    Glad someone shares my enthusiasm @Twistedmind‌!

I wonder how many people who didn't preorder will be purchasing on the release day and throughout release week... It will be interesting to see how the servers hold up! I remember these times back when WoW went live and boy they weren't pretty. LOL
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    Is there actually any people who buy this on retail, im not expecting a huge wave of people. Imo most people who wanted the game, is allready playing it, or am i wrong?
  • murpf
    murpf
    im sure we are in for another large influx of people, it sounds exciting, and for a large scale mmo release i think ESO is holding up quite well.
  • vicster0
    vicster0
    ✭✭
    Elixx wrote: »
    Is there actually any people who buy this on retail, im not expecting a huge wave of people. Imo most people who wanted the game, is allready playing it, or am i wrong?

@Elixx, I think there will most certainly be an influx. Especially for the folks that wanted to get physical collector editions and such. I'm just not sure how many!

• illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    Expect server crashes and long waiting lines to enter this weekend. I am happy about this actually, the more people the better.
    Savvy?

• Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    vicster0 wrote: »

@Elixx, I think there will most certainly be an influx. Especially for the folks that wanted to get physical collector editions and such. I'm just not sure how many!

Maby you are right, but i dont think that it wil be that noticeable. There is not that mutch of people who buy these versions. Maby you will se some new level 10s popping out the noob zones tomorrow.

• vicster0
    vicster0
    ✭✭
    illogicbh wrote: »
    Expect server crashes and long waiting lines to enter this weekend. I am happy about this actually, the more people the better.

@illogicbh‌, I agree. Although I hate lines (all lines, anywhere) this will be a necessary step in the growth of this game and healthy for a proper community to thrive.

I'm excited! :)

• illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!
    Savvy?

• Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭

I have to admit @vicster0‌ I never thought that I would enjoy Elder Scrolls game this much as I do now.. which gives odd mixed feelings. Never been a huge ES fan.
    It will be interesting to see how the servers hold up! I remember these times back when WoW went live and boy they weren't pretty.

People just have to remember to take it easy.. if there is downtime that downtime is for good things.. It is launch in any case and were not talking about luxury liner that is dropped in the ocean to see if it floats. ;)
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • vicster0
    vicster0
    ✭✭

Maby you are right, but i dont think that it wil be that noticeable. There is not that mutch of people who buy these versions. Maby you will se some new level 10s popping out the noob zones tomorrow.

I'm personally still in the noob zones (technically, lvl 12) myself so it should be quite apparent for me. As for the number of people who buy the physical version, I think you might be surprised. I've seen my fair share of MMO launches and there are almost always lines and server impact due to spontaneous userbase growth.
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    I remember these times back when WoW went live and boy they weren't pretty. LOL

ah111308wowfull2.jpg
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • vicster0
    vicster0
    ✭✭

I have to admit @vicster0‌ I never thought that I would enjoy Elder Scrolls game this much as I do now.. which gives odd mixed feelings. Never been a huge ES fan.
    It will be interesting to see how the servers hold up! I remember these times back when WoW went live and boy they weren't pretty.

People just have to remember to take it easy.. if there is downtime that downtime is for good things.. It is launch in any case and were not talking about luxury liner that is dropped in the ocean to see if it floats. ;)

You know @Twistedmind, I wasn't sure how much I was going to like the game either after playing through the beta a few times. I didn't dislike the game, but I wasn't entirely thrilled by it either. I am thoroughly enjoying it now though. It's a shame none of my buds are playing it but I almost think this may be why I am enjoying it - no one to push me along to level faster or take away from my time concentrating on crafting and such.

As for the downtime, you are entirely correct. People need to remember to take it easy and that downtime is almost always for the better. :)
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    There will be a lot of new players tomorrow, the game launched so nice, that so many people that were sceptic will start.
  • vicster0
    vicster0
    ✭✭
    I remember these times back when WoW went live and boy they weren't pretty. LOL

ah111308wowfull2.jpg

@xy_productions‌ - My God, that brings back memories! Instead for me it said 'Illidan'! There's a reason our server was nicknamed "Illidown"!! http://www.wowwiki.com/Server:Illidan_US
  • vicster0
    vicster0
    ✭✭
    Kroin wrote: »
    There will be a lot of new players tomorrow, the game launched so nice, that so many people that were sceptic will start.

@Kroin, I agree with you here! Pre-launch went quite well!

• jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see the influx of players being as large as the 5 and 3 day headstart launches but im sure therell be a good number of players joining. There will be those waiting for a retail copy, those who are reminded of the game because of the release date and those who just wanted to see reviews before buying and those who didnt want to mess with prelaunch bugs, downtimes and frusturations.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭

I am also wondering this. Why would we expect a massive number of people to buy and play the game on the 4th when they could have bought it few days before and got more for their money. It's a bit of a frank admission that the majority of gamers are a bit dim if this is the case.
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »

I am also wondering this. Why would we expect a massive number of people to buy and play the game on the 4th when they could have bought it few days before and got more for their money. It's a bit of a frank admission that the majority of gamers are a bit dim if this is the case.

Lots of people just don't like to pre-order and only want to pay for a product that is actually out. Word of mouth is huge with these games so i expect tons of people to start playing based on hearing about the game from people who pre-ordered.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Pang wrote: »
    Word of mouth is huge with these games so i expect tons of people to start playing based on hearing about the game from people who pre-ordered.

So am I, but that will be in the coming weeks and months. People seem to think that hundreds of thousands will be buying the game tomorrow which seems a bit odd.
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, welcome.

Be patient-remember there's a whole lot of us hitting this system and stuff is bound to break.

Be kind to each other (well, except for that ONE guy. You know him...) and bring snacks and a good sense of humor.

See you in Tamriel!!!
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    Pang wrote: »
    Thete wrote: »

Lots of people just don't like to pre-order and only want to pay for a product that is actually out. Word of mouth is huge with these games so i expect tons of people to start playing based on hearing about the game from people who pre-ordered.

Im not to sure about that, maby that was the case back in the days but today i think alot of peopel jsut dont want to collect stuff in there homes, maby exept the true nerds who wanna light up there quarters in game stuff. But these are the Collectors ed people and i dont think they are that many. Anyways, will be interesting to se, what waves comming will set the future of this game.

Edited by Elixx on 3 April 2014 15:18
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    In case you aren't aware and lot of people aren't the servers open up officialy today:

Q: What time will the game servers open on 4.4.14?

A: The ESO North American and European megaservers will open at 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday April 3rd. (Please note: these times are subject to change.)

Time Conversions:

North America (East): 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday, April 3rd

UK/IE: 12:00 AM WEST, Friday, April 4th

Central Europe: 1:00 AM CEST, Friday, April 4th

Sydney, Australia: 10:00 AM AEDT, Friday, April 4th

Singapore: 7:00 AM SGT, Friday, April 4th
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    In case you aren't aware and lot of people aren't the servers open up officialy today:

Q: What time will the game servers open on 4.4.14?

A: The ESO North American and European megaservers will open at 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday April 3rd. (Please note: these times are subject to change.)

Time Conversions:

North America (East): 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday, April 3rd

UK/IE: 12:00 AM WEST, Friday, April 4th

Central Europe: 1:00 AM CEST, Friday, April 4th

Sydney, Australia: 10:00 AM AEDT, Friday, April 4th

Singapore: 7:00 AM SGT, Friday, April 4th

Well thats not entirly today, its later this night and no shop (atleast) in Sweden seem to have the urge to have a nightsell today, witch is really odd, usuallt all "bigger" games have them all around.

• Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    lol Well today ends at midnight....at least on my clock it does
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks God I'm out of the first 3 zones. I think they will be full tomorrow
  • Mosti
    Mosti
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt their will be an influx of players tomorrow, things will continue as normal sure maybe a couple thousand new players will join, but nothing to big that will make a noticeable difference, mostly everyone will have joined during the 5 day or 3 day early access. Even Physical CE orders who ordered from other retailers got their code so they could do 5 day early access. There will be no wait time or huge influx of players.
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    Yes, I think most of those online will have already ordered TESO. So don't expect a huge new wave of players.