Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

crafting level cap's.

torontodorsab16_ESO
torontodorsab16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi Guys, I glanced over to see if this was asked already, but couldn't immediately see anything. With the level cap being 50 + skyshards, will there be a way to "cap" crafting abilities and other skill sets outside of the character "weapon" abilities. I only ask, as in previous MMO's, you could only really specialize in on crafting ability.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Technically there are 300 ish skill points in the game if you get absolutely everything. Which is enough to cap out all the crafting. But you might want to focus on one or 2, or only take the really necessary traits (like the ability to use higher tier mats) first.
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    I was planning to level 3 characters with one character doing all three gear crafts, while splitting the other crafts between the remaining characters, but I am having second thoughts about needing to dedicate 70+ skill points on that adventuring character (especially since I will want most of them at or before the character hits level 50). I figure I can collect 20 or so skill points on a dedicated crafter character (slowly as needed) and may actually start more crafting characters before spending skill points on crafting.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ended up making 3 chars in the 3 factions that I wanted to play, so just divided the crafts between them, 2 each. But in retrospec should have but the gear ones on the same char so I only needed 1 copy of the motifs :p
  • torontodorsab16_ESO
    torontodorsab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks all for the comments. My play style is more with a single char, then multiple (one of the key reasons I like ESO). I guess I have a new long term goal of getting 300 ish skill points.