Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

A couple of Quality of Life suggestions I have-

genericroleplayer92
And I've barely started playing. Alright, well, first off, I'm wondering why there isn't a subtitle option in the settings. I know it used to be in there, I remember having them on in the last beta playtest, which put the various lines of speech from entities you can't talk to on the bottom of the screen. Not a very important thing, but It'd be nice to have, you know?

Next, I've got a bone to pick with the auto loot. Without the auto loot, you see what you can get, and after awhile, I understand that gets annoying, especially when you are in rooms with many pots and chests, like the 2 in the Wailing Prison. However, with auto-loot on, you don't even see what you get. Maybe when auto loot is on, the name and quantity of the items can be displayed in the chat, or as floating text in one of the bottom corners of the screens?

That's all I have for you guys right now, Great game so far Zenimax and Bethesda. Can't wait for ES6~
  • Katrianah
    Katrianah
    Minimap! My kingdom for a minimap!
    ~ Time and again I switch and I change, but I always come back to you.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katrianah wrote: »

No, no, and no. If there's an add-on that can do it, fine. But it takes zero effort to press "M" and read the bloody map.
    ----
    Murray?
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    I agree subtitles need to be in, now!!
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    METALPUNKS wrote: »

Ysne58 ✭✭✭
    10:11PM
    Yes there are subtitles. From the chat window -- click on the gear, then go to options, then make sure there is a check mark next to NPCs.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtitles, perhaps.

As for autoloot display - the reason ESO allowed add-ons was so we could do this stuff ourselves. Here's loot drop: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info35-LootDrop.html
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Dragonetti

I thought this originally, but I kinda got used to it and prefer it without. Kinda.

“Never let your sense of morals stand in the way of doing what's right”
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Addon, it exist but need some fixing to work properly with curent game version
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info60-ZrMiniMap.html
    If you REALLY need it "right now" -read the comment section

METALPUNKS wrote: »
    Read them in chat or addon Wykkd Framework

AutoLoot display -
    LootDrop work nice, but i like *Dragon Loot* much more. But it need fixing to curent game version. Pawkete addons is allready updated

Like they say "Mods will fix it"
    Edited by Kemono on 30 March 2014 22:49
  • Maehdro
    Maehdro
    ✭✭
    you can get subtitles by selecting the NPC tab in the chat window.

EDIT
    Here's a guide on what you need to do to get NPC subtitles in the chat box.
    Edited by Maehdro on 30 March 2014 23:11
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on the OP's point on putting the loot info somewhere--even without autoloot on, if you're quick with the E/R keys to quickly loot, you don't see what you have. There should be a choice in Chat to show it along with combat effects and such.

And NOOOOOO on minimap! The current method is perfect with the compass and main map. It makes you actually have to be aware of your environment without having no clue at all where to go. Running to little icons on a mini map is one of those "make it easier, easier, easier" concessions that in the long run ruin all sense of challenge and immersion in a game. Next people will want them to put in an "auto run to target" so they don't have to do a thing.
    Edited by daneyulebub17_ESO on 31 March 2014 15:40
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    There are a couple of addon options for showing what loot your'e picking up.

As for minimap, there was a mini map addon, but it was broken in the big API overhaul. Not sure what the status on fixing it is, or if it even can be fixed. /Feedback in game might help.
  • Tahoenvy
    Tahoenvy
    No name plates, i LOVE this whole immersive feeling. This game is perfect the way it is. No minimap and no chat bubbles. Seriously you guys have had it easy mode too long. Learn to game without it.
  • ThatsSoStoo
    I'm on the fence with the mini map. Its nice and immersive not having it there, but its a hard habit to break not always looking at the top right of my screen lol.
  • tibersep
    tibersep

oh good lord yes! that stupid compass was horrible in skyrim and its even worse now
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, not the minimap again.....
  • kram0789
    kram0789
    Definitely add a mini map. This is not the real world it is a game. You had a mini map in Skyrim. There is a lot of junk loot out there. I started picking up everything and very soon got to the point where I had to throw things away. In Skyrim you could sell almost everything. Bring that back.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try the mod ZrMiniMap.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info60-ZrMiniMap.html
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, well, first off, I'm wondering why there isn't a subtitle option in the settings.

Subtiles and bunch of other helpful info. Have this one on all of my chars.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8-WykkydsFramework.html
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next, I've got a bone to pick with the auto loot. Without the auto loot, you see what you can get, and after awhile, I understand that gets annoying, especially when you are in rooms with many pots and chests, like the 2 in the Wailing Prison.

A few different loot options but this one is widely used:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info35-LootDrop.html
  • Vilixiti
    Vilixiti
    ✭✭✭
    No minimap is right along the lines of no AH. They purposefully designed the game to be as such for the purposes of immersion and socializing. I LOVE it. Yeah, it was hard to adjust to no minimap and for awhile I felt like something was missing as I detoxed, but now I'm better off for it. Truly. Thank you for taking ESO in this direction Zenimax, it hasn't gone unappreciated by everyone. ;)

Gone are the days when games were challenging. Try having NO map at all and needing to draw the dungeon/area you're in on paper and having detailed notes for various aspects of the game. That's really the way it should be but game companies caved and paved the way for the carebear era where everything is spoon fed to the user to the point of dumbing down gameplay and as a result, fun. Worse yet, now people expect these "features". Minimaps, auction houses, mail.. bah! :P
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish your loot was flagged to you. The only way to find out what you got is to keep checking your inventory (fortunately the most recently looted item is at the top).

Not at all bothered about subtitles though.
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    There is a Minimap Addon you can get, But as I've seen posted by someone somewhere before, Why have a minimap?
    1. It takes all the fun out of exploring.
    2. There's always "M" to view your map.
    3. A Minimap would make even more loading needed, and with the amount of issues people have already had trying to load everything, it would cause more problems than it would possibly solve.
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    Alright, well, first off, I'm wondering why there isn't a subtitle option in the settings.

Subtiles and bunch of other helpful info. Have this one on all of my chars.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8-WykkydsFramework.html

To expand on this, I highly recommend Wykkyd's entire mod suite. As it has a way of viewing loot, as well as subtitles, and many many other helpful/useful things.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info76-WykkydGamingSuite.html

• Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Xionar wrote: »
    To expand on this, I highly recommend Wykkyd's entire mod suite. As it has a way of viewing loot, as well as subtitles, and many many other helpful/useful things.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info76-WykkydGamingSuite.html

I'm going to hang fire on addons for the time being. With a new MMO, you can get frequent updates to the game files for the first half year. Sometimes these changes cause your addons to have issues which causes things to go wrong in your game.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that can happen, though luckily you can easily disable/enable addons mid game, if one breaks in a patch, you can quite simply disable it and you'll be good to go.

Wykkyd usually gets his mods updated very very quickly however, based on the months of beta/pts.
  • genericroleplayer92
    thank you for the links, I'll check them out~