Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

-Unknown Error-

Pwezsal19
Pwezsal19
So I have been playing ESO and for some sreason the game keeps stoping on me and kicks me out and puts up a message saying -UNKNOWN ERROR- what the heck! Anyone else having this problem? It has alreaady happened 5 times to me!
  • iSteelyphil
    I keep getting the pointer is null bs. whats up with that?!
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pwezsal19 wrote: »
    So I have been playing ESO and for some sreason the game keeps stoping on me and kicks me out and puts up a message saying -UNKNOWN ERROR- what the heck! Anyone else having this problem? It has alreaady happened 5 times to me!
    It's a widespread issue apparently for both platforms. Check out this thread with loads of posts and ZOS suggestions.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting the pointer is null bs. whats up with that?!
    From the ESO Support kb article:
    WHAT DO I DO IF I RECEIVE AN “ABORT: POINTER IS NULL” ERROR MESSAGE ON MAC?
    Updated 03/29/2014 08:20 AM Published 02/13/2014 09:28 AM
    A network proxy bug exists with the current version of the patcher. We fully expect this to be fixed within the next few weeks. Until then, users may fix the issue by completing the following steps:

Mac:

Navigate to the System Preferences under the Apple Menu.
    Open up Network in System Preferences. (Usually located in the third row, third icon.)
    Make sure the network connection with a green dot next to it is selected.
    Click the Advanced button in the lower right corner
    From the drop down menu, click on Proxies.
    In the "Select a protocol to configure" list, uncheck "Auto Proxy Discovery"

PC:

Open Internet Explorer (even if it is not your regular web browser)
    Open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
    Go to Connections tab/LAN settings
    Uncheck “Automatically detect proxy settings” and hit OK.
    Press OK again to confirm.
    If this solution does not work, PC users are invited to try and run the launcher as administrator by right clicking on the desktop icon, and selecting the "Run as administrator" option.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5558
    Options
  • Abovereproach
    I had the same problem and after much frustration figured out the problem and I would imagine many others are having the same issue.

FIX: Look at your fire wall, windows is causing the problem, especially if you have (Win 8.1). Make sure it is set to allow Zenimax launcher and ESO client is on the allow list.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem and after much frustration figured out the problem and I would imagine many others are having the same issue.

FIX: Look at your fire wall, windows is causing the problem, especially if you have (Win 8.1). Make sure it is set to allow Zenimax launcher and ESO client is on the allow list.
    Hi. Glad you found a fix. Better to put PC related issues in the PC Tech Support section. But thanks for sharing the information.

It's best to turn the OSX Firewall off during downloads. Personally I leave mine off anyhow and user the Router firewall. Details:)
    OS X Firewall

Also worth ensuring the OS X Firewall is switched OFF during download and that any router firewall is not blocking it in some way.

System Preferences > Secuirty & Privacy > Firewall

This is in OS X 10.9 Mavericks, It may be slightly different in other versions.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Unknown Error" is a known cross-platform issue. ZOS are requesting details to diagnosis on the Customer Service section on this thread:

UNKNOWN ERROR" RECEIVED UPON DISCONNECTING

The main thread for this is here.

If you are on wireless network you could try this workaround here.

If you are at a college or other place which may have port blocking check this which suggests opening ports and Firewall here.

Worth opening the ports required by the game:

They updated the list of ports that need to be open for ESO here. Worth doing to avoid issues at launch:
    WHAT PORTS DO I NEED TO OPEN TO ACCESS THE GAME?
    Updated 03/25/2014 08:07 PM Published 02/15/2013 07:46 PM

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online, players should configure their routers to open the following ports:

Ports 24100 through 24131
    Ports 24500 through 24507
    I suggest opening both TCP & UDP though they are not specific on this, most MMO would use both.

I believe the Launcher install uses other ports but I can’t find any reference for those.

Another cause was an add-on used for blocking spam in chat causing this. The add-on was updated I think but if you have any issues, you want to Disable all Add-ons until the issue is resolved.

For example, Esohead's own add-on caused lag in game until an update was released yesterday. Once you have the game running correctly then enable them again one at a time is safest way.

Worth checking the Customer Service section and PC Tech Support section for any fixes posted.
    Edited by Moonraker on 3 April 2014 10:48
    Options