Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafting cooking and fishing basics?

Etchesketch
Etchesketch
✭✭✭✭
Ok, so I played a few guys to the bank so I can start my actual main run and in the process never ran into fishing, or crafting really.

I am guessing you need to go further than the first bank and level 5. I did get two recipies though and when I clicked one to learn it, it disappeared. At a campfire it says I have no recipes? How do you see or where did the thing go?

any tips on starting these three things would be appreciated. Tips to get moving in the right direction on leveling them.

Thanks in advance...
E
The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • omnomolyub17_ESO
    Crafting weapons and armor can be done immediately! Be warned, however, as you must find and harvest resource nodes. Then, you must refine those resources before you can actually craft something and note that you may run out of resources, depending on your commitment to finding nodes.

Provisioning or "cooking" is a bit trickier. You must first find a recipe which can be found in drawers, wardrobes, etc. You must also have the ingredients to craft it. I saw that you already used two recipes. Try uncheckimg the "have ingredients" box and the "have skill" as if you have either checked and are lacking in either category, the recipe will not show up!

Fishing is a bit out of the way. You need to collect bait first in the form of bug parts, crawlers, guts, etc. Different bait catches different fish. All you need to do after that is to find a fishing hole! If you travel around sources of water, you're bound to find one.

A bit of a long response, but I wanted to cover as much as possible for you. Hope it helped!
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a bunch.. very helpful info for me. :D
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    If I may add ... the weapon and armor crafting materials you gather can be put in the bank so as not to clutter up your inventory. When you craft, they do NOT have to be in your inventory. Nice, eh?
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    If I may add ... the weapon and armor crafting materials you gather can be put in the bank so as not to clutter up your inventory. When you craft, they do NOT have to be in your inventory. Nice, eh?

Thank you... that's also going to be better than dragging stuff around