Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

combat deaths?

PVT_Parts
PVT_Parts
✭✭✭
Anyone else just kinda randomly die or start a battle and die quickly and wonder "where did my health go?" then suddenly you have no armor, no gold, and dying all the time? Well it hasn't gotten to the latter part for me yet, but I did have to pay 1/4 of my gold on repairs. Anyone else experiencing this fast death or random unknown death issues? I've got armor and health and out level the mobs by 1-2 levels, so this shouldn't happen, right?
  • Zameri
    Zameri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Range mobs tend to be harder to spot then melee mobs, so when you are in melee combat and dying quickly look for the additional ranged mobs that may be on you causing extra dps to you.
    Arkay Beta Tester
  • Vodkaphile
    Vodkaphile
    ✭✭✭
    If you eat two simultaneous heavy attacks from two ranged mobs, you will most likely dirt nap early on until you get some really decent gear. This is intended, you need to build your character with CC, mobility, and survivability in mind. You need to actively block, dodge, stun, counter, etc.

If you're talking about just randomly getting gibbed for no reason, then no I haven't encountered that.
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    Vodkaphile wrote: »
    This is intended, you need to build your character with CC, mobility, and survivability in mind. You need to actively block, dodge, stun, counter, etc.

This. Look at skills and play with builds.
    For example, in-game I'm a two-handed DK.

I use Firey Grip to yank mobs closer and grab their attention.
    I use Uppercut to send them away and out of range.
    I use Stonefist to bowl them over when they're whaling on me too much.

The other two skills in my hotbar are about direct damage. This way, I'm able to keep the enemies down and away, and keep them off of my allies when I'm fighting.

Make a system and master it.