The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer, Heavy Armor, Dual Wield, DPS: Good PVP Setup?

Miraculous
Miraculous
✭✭
I'm currently playing a dual-wielding, heavy armored Templar. I'm hoping at endgame it'll be a great DPS PVP setup, as it seems there's a lot of stuns and knockbacks.

But I've been eyeing the Sorcerer a lot, and I'm wondering if the Sorcerer DPS is going to be overall better. And it seems stuns are also pretty prominent in the class. The thing that pulls me back right now is my fear that Heavy Armor sets will not support my Sorcerer stats as well as Light Armor sets. In other words, I don't know if the Sorcerer is compatible with a Heavy Armored battle-mage-type setup. What do you guys think? I know ESO claims you can try any combination of things.. but can you without losing some bonuses/experiencing some drawbacks?
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    I play a Templar as my main, and great dps is an adjective I wouldn't use to describe it. :blush:

I view armor type less about protection and more about stats. As cool as Heavy Armor looks, I'm not sure it's conducive to high DPS builds, which are likely focused on large Magica/Stamina pools and regen.

From my perspective (in my 20s), Sorc/Nightblade are the real DPS classes. That's not to say you can't DPS as a Templar, I just don't see it from a min/max pov as being quite as effective as a Sorc/Nightblade. That said, it's difficult to draw concrete conclusions through the leveling process. I am, however, alting a Nightblade, and through the levels, she seems increasingly more suited to high DPS than my Templar.

I know the mantra of every class can do whatever, but from a min-max perspective, while I am definitely concentrating on the offensive side of things for my Templar while leveling, it seems pretty apparent that Templars are meant (again, from a min-max perspective; if you don't care and just want to have fun, then do whatever) to be healers/support more than real DPS. /shrug I am totally fine with that, and do mean to play my Templar that way at end game, which is also while I'm alting the Nightblade, to serve as my real DPS outlet.
    Edited by smilingmaybe on 2 April 2014 06:31
    Options
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like to get up close and personal, I would suggest the templar. Get your enemy incapacitated and use biting jabs all day long. Templars can dish out amazing DPS with solar flare, puncturing strikes, sun fire, backlash, and spear shards morphed ain't half bad either. Then they also have javelin and eclipse and some of the best (indirect) dps you can do is when your enemy doesn't fight back.

I've seen sorcerer use encase, critical surge, whirlwind and lightning form to great effect though. In my opinion, sorcerers are best suited for ranged attacks as they don't really have any melee class abilities. They do have some amazing synergy between critical surge and critical strike though where you can do some amazing self-heal while dealing high damage. With critical surge, critical charge and bolt escape you can often take someone out in PvP before he knows what hit him - if you can get someone singled out, of course.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
    Options
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I like DW as a templar. Transform Twin Slashes into Blood Craze for a bleed that gives you a small health regen, mixed in with a heal can extend your life quite a bit. As a templar you don't need the snare on that skill.
    Options
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Loving 2 handed templar critical charge into javelin toss combo for pvp.
    you get 2 charges and a knockback/down. Also while heavy armor indeed reduces stamina regen, i like the juggernaut passive (6% increased dmg with melee weapons) Making critical charge hit like a truck.
    Solar Flare into critical charge, javelin toss, critical charge, javelin toss, charge. Reversed sweep killed a lot of people for me :) Even archers have issues with my amount of gapclosers and burst ^^
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
    Options
  • montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
    Im currently running a 2hand heavy armour melee sorc and its working out great have only pvped a small bit but so far its held its own. I run Crystal fragments, Endless fury, Stampede, Wrecking blow,Critical surge and Power overload ( though bound armaments and momentum are interchangeable with wrecking blow and critical surge. Second weapon set is sword and board with Power slam, Endless fury, Streak, Immovable brute,Ransack and Ice Comet.

Its really fun at the moment and seems to be working great though I may tweak it slightly come end game.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#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
    Edited by montgomery.luke07b16_ESO on 2 April 2014 11:43
    By Hircine's hand i mark thee!
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Miraculous wrote: »
    I'm currently playing a dual-wielding, heavy armored Templar. I'm hoping at endgame it'll be a great DPS PVP setup, as it seems there's a lot of stuns and knockbacks.

But I've been eyeing the Sorcerer a lot, and I'm wondering if the Sorcerer DPS is going to be overall better. And it seems stuns are also pretty prominent in the class. The thing that pulls me back right now is my fear that Heavy Armor sets will not support my Sorcerer stats as well as Light Armor sets. In other words, I don't know if the Sorcerer is compatible with a Heavy Armored battle-mage-type setup. What do you guys think? I know ESO claims you can try any combination of things.. but can you without losing some bonuses/experiencing some drawbacks?

I played this in beta, medium amour, dual bladed, and stay in storm and dark magic for the stuns and you should be fine you will have utility and dps make sure you use poison for your blades or reduced amour glifs.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#cMmzt0w2BO8Nibt8NiaQ8dHkG8AIOU8Nikc85op7JLkHY6MdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEp6cdBET8t7HLsgZ6MwS3c6MwUlN6MwYle6MwYlv6MwYl28H7DrzwM6Lzwc6Lzwm6MNieh6MNieA6MNieT6MNiey8K7Jrkg6Lzuu6MANRQ6MANRU6MANRZ8zk7azvKVv6cvKVB6cvKVD

i would run this^
    Options
  • Miraculous
    Miraculous
    ✭✭
    At this point, I think I'm going to stay with my Templar, as I really prefer the skills over the Sorc skills. Howeverrr, once I get bored with Templar, which I will at some point, I'm definitely trying Sorc.
    Options