Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Ranger Class

SlickReed
SlickReed
If I want to player as a ranger what class should I use?
  • SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    Any of them, but Nightshade and Templar seem to work the best.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Sun Tzu
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    All of them really but i like sorcerer and nightblade.
  • SlickReed
    SlickReed
    Thx guys. I started as dragon knight. I will make a nightblade soon enough as well.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    Sorc is most close to a ranger since you can have summoned pets imo.
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    Any, I'm working up a DK that will eventually use all medium armor for the sneak bonuses. Trying to come up with a Scout/Ranger type for PVP.
    The Sidekick Order
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    Rosebloome wrote: »
    This assumes one thinks of a ranger as summoning demonic pets rather than animals, but to each his own.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    Swordmage wrote: »
    Rosebloome wrote: »
    This assumes one thinks of a ranger as summoning demonic pets rather than animals, but to each his own.

It depends. If you go by the definition that a ranger would have a pet. Granted demonic pets, but still pets. lol. Fits in with the idea.

I'm personally going to enjoy Critheal DW Sorc myself.

• Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running a Bow-weilding Bosmer Nightblade. At 15 will start dual-weilding for a little more of a full Ranger feel and attack diversity. Pre-WoW I never really thought of Rangers as a pet class. More of the lone stalker, sniper-meets-dervish.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • rudyphill_ESO
    rudyphill_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The best skills available that complement ranged dps = ranger. If its a class that has pets than so be it but pets do not make a ranger class.
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    My first ranger was in EQ where rangers are a fighter/druid hybrid, so I would probably think of a Templar ranger for the healing.
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    There are many definitions when it comes to ranger. And no, a ranger does not mean strictly range dps.

A ranger is just a wilderness/survival themed light/med armored warrior that often lives off the land, thus often has a bow or something for hunting prey or pets as companions (it gets lonely when scouting about alone). You can build a ranger in completely different ways and theme though, it just takes imagination.There are quite a few melee rangers too, such as Strider, Drizzt, Dar, and Minsc.

• Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are quite a few melee rangers too, such as Strider, Drizzt, Dar, and Minsc.

Oh god, I think minsc is my favorite char ever!

"Boo is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of minsc to search!"
  • Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭
    SlickReed wrote: »
    If I want to player as a ranger what class should I use?

What do you mean by ranger?

If you want Stealth , DPS and Medium armor then Night Blade is Yo baby

• disexistencenub19_ESO
    Seraseth wrote: »
    There are quite a few melee rangers too, such as Strider, Drizzt, Dar, and Minsc.

Oh god, I think minsc is my favorite char ever!

"Boo is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of minsc to search!"

I based my Khajiit 2 handed Templar off of him, haha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ePJYbkSykg
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @disexistencenub19_ESO

Hahahaah.. "Butt-kicking for goodness" has been the guild MOTD on my wow guild since it was created :p
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    SlickReed wrote: »
    Thx guys. I started as dragon knight. I will make a nightblade soon enough as well.

Dragonknight's Stonefist skill gives good survivability to lowbie archers. Then later add in the bow skill volley (I believe) ..both are knockbacks and really help keep the mobs off of you.

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite