Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is this the "fixed" phasing?

Melian
Melian
✭✭✭✭
I'm certain I remember the devs saying somewhere that they were going to fix the phasing so that it would be possible to quest in a group, but I just tried it and it's the same ridiculous thing it was in beta: following a floating arrow around, unable to see the other person. It's sloppy, immersion breaking and disappointing. I'm not talking about solo instances, I'm talking about normal questing here, or just exploring with a friend without having them periodically vanish.
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    I ran into this once during the beta but haven't seen it in retail yet. Did you try the travel to player function? That worked for my brother and I.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I tried it, but it didn't help.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    We stupidly tried again, and this time, while doing a quest where you are sent into the past, he was and I wasn't. I had no way to get there and had to abandon the whole quest line.

I had high hopes for this game but I have to admit, with these issues around grouping going unfixed it is pretty much certain to fail - and it's a dealbreaker for me.
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, as well, find it odd that the game encourages grouping for some things (higher leveled bosses, encounters, pvp) and then tries to break it by making it nearly impossible to level up with a friend.

I expected this to have already been fixed. Considering I was planning on leveling hand-in-hand with my best friend it is somewhat disappointing, if not game-breaking.

The main issue I encounter is as described by others -- if you get separated by even 1-2 "steps" on a quest, they or you disappear and you can't do anything at all until they catch up. There are also many glitches with quests that require you to do an action (clicking something like a brazier) in that sometimes both of us get credit and sometimes only one of us, even if we are right next to each other.

This need to be a high priority for a fix, or the game will need to be retuned for solo play.
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I have been out of phase with a group member was when I back tracked to help a friend do a quest I had done the day before. At certain places on the map my content was at the "finished" stage while his was not. This caused us to out of phase with one of us fighting enemies that did not exist for the other.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    Thats coming in the first update along with the FOV slider, or atleast an update soon.
  • wounded_graywolf
    I find that when some group members are visible and others aren't, the non-leaders should log out then back in and that usually puts everyone together.

That said, some quests (main storyline quests and guild quests like Cheesemonger's Hollow) seem to be solo-only content.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Member, Order of the Silver Dragons
  • Rek
    Rek
    ✭✭
    No, it's not. Everything on that list was things they were working on but none of it was planned for launch. (Honestly it was only a few weeks ago).
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varko wrote: »
    Thats coming in the first update along with the FOV slider, or atleast an update soon.

Where did you hear that? That's a relief, but I can imagine people running into these problems and leaving before they are fixed. It's a pretty serious issue for an MMO to have.
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    It is still awful.

The game 'lost' me last night on Ash Mountain. I was just standing there waiting on my friend and just like that everything goes grey and I'm falling through space.

So I log in and out and after a few times it finds me and drops me on the ground...dead....so i rez to the nearest shrine and where am I??? The farthest northern wayshrine in Stonefalls. I had never even been there before.

And yes I took some screen shots. lol.

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    The main issue I encounter is as described by others -- if you get separated by even 1-2 "steps" on a quest, they or you disappear and you can't do anything at all until they catch up. There are also many glitches with quests that require you to do an action (clicking something like a brazier) in that sometimes both of us get credit and sometimes only one of us, even if we are right next to each other.

This need to be a high priority for a fix, or the game will need to be retuned for solo play.

This is an issue I have put on every BETA test survey they have sent out. I have always suggested that no matter if I have completed a quest, I should be able to go back and help a friend/guildmate. Maybe limit that ability to 2 (or 3) levels above the quest level just to keep it somewhat competitive. If someone 10 levels higher than you were to help it just wouldn't even be competitive..so there has to be a limit.

Also the solo dungeons....not sure I really like those either. Example taking on Dosha at level 8 for the fighters quest....ya right. I would like to see someone taking her on at lvl 8.

Edited by Korinth on 2 April 2014 16:54
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the solo dungeons. But there's a big difference between entering a place you know you need to go alone, and simply walking into an area where you killed six kwama and having your buddy disappear because he only killed four, or having a quest broken because it can't send both players into an instance (either together or separately) and leaves one stuck outside.
    Edited by Melian on 2 April 2014 17:28