Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

WHat the heck is with all the forign language on my forums?

Daverios
Daverios
✭✭✭✭
Can they not even do forum correctly with locales?

Seriously that is messed up and makes me feel ghetto just being on these forums. Very trashy looking and you cannot even separate languages?

I know about a dozen guys in my city that would love to redesign these forums and could use the work. Whom should I contact lol?
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    The other languages are just a translation of the BOLD ENGLISH headings above it.
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    Daverios wrote: »

Seriously that is messed up and makes me feel ghetto just being on these forums. Very trashy looking and you cannot even separate languages?

I know about a dozen guys in my city that would love to redesign these forums and could use the work. Whom should I contact lol?

I was a bit confused as well, and I am used to actual separation of languages, but I just look for the English at the top.

Not sure if they are ever going to change it, though.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other languages are just a translation of the BOLD ENGLISH headings above it.

Which is exactly how NOT to do locales. locales refer to your language and regional settings which should be selected as I see EN highlighted up at top of page and NOT DE nor FR. This is like pretty basic web design stuff. Like childs play basic. It kind of looks real bad to anyone in the know about such things.

Edited by Daverios on 2 April 2014 15:36
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    Daverios wrote: »

They should separate the forums. Honestly I don't get why the french and german get forums in their own language.
    I live for science!
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoW !. I've heard of Ageism, Sexism, Racism, but never Languageism.

Yes, be proud of who and what you are, but OMG, be respectful of others.
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the forums will evolve over time. I think this is because this seems to be a propriety ESO forum system rather than your standard vbulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, etc. install. Right now it is very confusing and ineffective, but I have faith that they will get it looking spiffy in time.
  • Pallongo
    Pallongo
    This are not your forums-
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoW !. I've heard of Ageism, Sexism, Racism, but never Languageism.

Yes, be proud of who and what you are, but OMG, be respectful of others.

Wait what? lol I have nothing against other languages at all. I was commenting that it shows very poor web design. But I guess technically HTML is a language too right ?

Try going to Amazon or Ebay or some such and changing your language or regional settings. That is how you do locales, and it is actually so stupid easy for a designer to implement these days. It used to be a pain but now there are libraries abound out there to basically just do this for you in a set and forget about type of functionality.

Edited by Daverios on 2 April 2014 15:46
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pallongo wrote: »
    This are not your forums-

Truthfully, I would be embarrassed if they were. That is no lie.

• SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    That stupid
    I live for science!