Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PvP and EXP?

Tendeep
Tendeep
✭✭✭
Now that they nerfed the PvP quests to be done only once a day, how is experienced earned while participating in PvP?

Do player kills grant exp?
Do assaults on Keeps grant exp?
etc...

Is there a breakdown of how this works, how exp is gained, how points are gained?

Thanks,
Edited by Tendeep on 2 April 2014 15:15
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    To make this more clear > I prefer PvP to PvE, how can one gain levels by just participating in PvP now?
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    Great question , I am wondering the same thing - is it possible to level strictly from PvP (without it being horribly slow compared to 'standard pve' or questing)
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • jaytrill11ub17_ESO
    I am wondering the same thing, I loved grinding the quest in pvp still making leveling progress and gearing up so that I could pop out of Cyrodil for a while and stomp pve baddies before going back. Sadly it does not seem like that will be an option now.
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    They claimed they made these quests to only be done once a day, due to exploiting, but in removing these, they broke a lot more...

How do I gain exp now?
    How do I gain campaign points to purchase siege weapons and repairs?

I am at a loss... would like some answers.
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    For me the single biggest draw for this game is a PvP system that is as close to DAOC as can be found these days. If I understand correctly PvP is supposed to be a BIG part of ESO , that can not be true if completing 2 quests nets more XP than spending 4 hrs in PvP.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you still get XP from engaging in keep assaults and killing other players.
    In a heavy populated Campaign, while in a group, you could get the 20 kills quest complete in a few minutes. That seems to be why they "nerfed" the quest... For Now.

If you did not get Xp from PvP play, why would anyone engage in PvP then?

You gain Alliance points from the same activities the same way as well.
    Edited by Inactive Account on 2 April 2014 16:13