Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How can I escape the orc's dream?

Texwa
Texwa
Hi,
I probably should spend more time crafting and less time going from quest to quest. I find I get deep into some quests like the one where Vaermina's Omen has the orc general in a dream. I have defeated everything but the Omen and can't seem to do it. I assume I need to be at a higher level or have more skills or armor. But when I respawn there is no exit. It is like I'm stuck here until I finally figure out how to kill this thing. On other quests, like killing Faulchoo, when I realized he was consistently kicking my butt, I exited the door and went on to other quests until I was stronger and then came back and kicked his butt. But now I'm locked in with the open and don't see a way out. Any ideas?
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    if you have an alt that can craft, or a buddy or guildy- you could get them to craft you up the gear you need, then mail it to you, sort of thing.
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    Oh wow I didn't realize that's possible. Unfortunately I'm the only person I know who plays this. lol
  • Know
    Know
    You can also try using a wayshrine elsewhere from your map in order to leave and come back, though this may require you to abandon the quest you are on and re-take it later.
    Persons appear to us according to the light we throw upon them from our own minds. -Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    Thanks maybe it was a bug but when I looked at my map it only showed areas in the content of the dream. It wouldn't even show other quests.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm thinking of the right quest, have you tried abandoning it? I'm pretty sure you can't be in the dream/memory if you don't have the quest in your journal. That may boot you out.

Or it may leave you stuck forever in limbo.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    I can try that once it comes back up. Right now I'm stuck. I tried sneaking up on this thing, looking for other items that might help me but no matter what this guy starts spewing acid or something at me in multiple streams and then I'm gone.
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    Thanks for your comments
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try rt clicking on the map when it comes up. this usually gives you the world map and you can wayshrine out (for a cost in gp).

I have done it from stranger places.
    You may not have to abandon the quest, a lot of them will reset to a certain point if you log out /go away for a while, once you get out of the instance
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    Thanks I will try that. I appreciate the help.