Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Quests that need a group

SpearDusk
SpearDusk
✭✭✭
How is it possible to tell the difference between a quest that I am to do alone, and the quests that I should do with a group? like a dungeon (killing Balreth), (Or a Heroic in terms of SWTOR)
Edited by SpearDusk on 2 April 2014 13:51
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you die you probably need help.
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    no doubt. there must be a clear way however.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not true lol. I see what you're saying, but just because you die doesn't mean you need a group for the quest that you were killed on. I've seen people die doing the collector quest and someone died in an alley right in front of me when an assassin attacked them. I did that same quest at the same level and killed the assassin with ease.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general, if it's not an instanced dungeon, then there is no quest that requires a group to complete.

However, there are areas that usually require groups. If you see a skull and crossbones on your map, that area usually has elite enemies that require help to defeat.
    ----
    Murray?
  • TheAurelian
    You should pay attention to the time and the difficulty you have in clearing certain areas of mobs. You will find areas that have mobs that look normal and may be below your lvl but are in fact quite tanky and powerful.
    “Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost...." -Hiromu Arakawa-
  • lolage
    lolage
    Usually the skull and crossbones are more difficult to manage and may require a group, everything else bar dungeons and dark anchors (where it mentions you need a group) is soloable I think.

Some skull and swords(or crossbones? can't remember) are soloable but if they have multiple enemies that are "tanky damage dealers", then you'll need a group. Look at enemy healthbars, the enemies that are harder to kill than typical trash mobs have tier-markers, this is lets you know if you're likely to have a difficult time.
    Edited by lolage on 2 April 2014 14:08
  • Rizbin
    Rizbin
    Soul Shriven
    On the map, there is a skull icon ( or something to that effect) at the world boss encounters. Tougher mobs have a gold outline on their names when you target them.
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    nhisso wrote: »
    That's not true lol. I see what you're saying, but just because you die doesn't mean you need a group for the quest that you were killed on. I've seen people die doing the collector quest and someone died in an alley right in front of me when an assassin attacked them. I did that same quest at the same level and killed the assassin with ease.

That's where the probably comes in, the only thing in the game I have not been able to solo is the group dungeons and the rift thingys
    Edited by cromica81_ESO on 2 April 2014 13:57