Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Regarding skill point respec and skill level

deepspace
deepspace
Hello, I understand there is an option for respec however, if I respec my skill point, will I still retain my current skill level? For example ,my light armour is level 30 and I go for skill point respec, will I still retain the level 30 light armour or do I need to train light armour from scratch again?
  • MongooseOne
    MongooseOne
    ✭✭✭
    You do retain any skill level and it will go back to that when you spec into it again.
  • eu_Ryu
    eu_Ryu
    This feature will only move all your points from state "assigned" to "not assigned" im not aware that you could lose anything of your character in this process :)
    Life is as simple as you make it -Ryu
  • Adonnay
    Adonnay
    Good point... how do I respec btw.? Sorry for hijacking :)
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    Adonnay wrote: »
    Good point... how do I respec btw.? Sorry for hijacking :)

i was asking the same
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    There is a respec altar in the second major zone of each faction (first major zone is the one you get dropped off in at the start; NOT the tutorial islands).
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    There'll be a respec shrine for you when you hit your early to mid 20s.
  • Jaamonliu
    Jaamonliu
    Does anyone know if I can respec my stats where it indicated either magika, health, and stamina? I am a mage where I currently added points mostly towards magika. Now that I am lvl 17 trying out for battle mage and want to use my second hand with a 2 handed weapon where health def play a big role and some sort of stamina too. So my question goes back to I understand where skills can respec but can stats do the same?
    It’s Not the Blowing of the Wind that Determines Your Destination, It’s the Set of the Sail - Jim Rohn
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can either respec your Skills or Attributes. They are seperate respecs.
  • Jaamonliu
    Jaamonliu

Azarul wrote: »
    You can either respec your Skills or Attributes. They are seperate respecs.
    ahhh ok thanks alot :)

It’s Not the Blowing of the Wind that Determines Your Destination, It’s the Set of the Sail - Jim Rohn
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    The thread that had is in it was deleted after the beta, so I can't quote directly. Someone please correct me if I get this wrong.

If you respec and choose a different skill fork, you will loose levels gained in that skill after the fork. If you respec again and choose the old fork you will get those skill levels back.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on 2 April 2014 13:48
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    You keep your current level.

The cost is based upon points x 100g. So if you have 30 skill points to reclaim, you would spend 3000 gold. This is what I have experienced for both attributes and skills. It only applies to what is actually spent as well, so you're not charged with what you don't spend.
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    For individual skill levels, you do not lose the experience gained. My levels on Lightning Form and Elemental Weakness are still there.