Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

This reminds me of the Diablo 3 beta

wrlifeboil
wrlifeboil
✭✭✭✭✭
During the Diablo 3 beta, you could play on US, EU or Korean servers. So when one country's server went down, you could hop on to another country's server.

Since ESO's US server is down I would like to play on ESO's EU server but it wants me to download another 30gb even though only a few tiny files around 30k in size are different according to Reddit.
  • carstedes
    carstedes
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Since ESO's US server is down I would like to play on ESO's EU server but it wants me to download another 30gb even though only a few tiny files around 30k in size are different according to Reddit.

Maybe try downloading the client and the "repairing" the game.

• wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carstedes wrote: »

I don't want to downloads 30gb just to play on the EU servers for a few minutes or hours. Too bad ZOS doesn't provide the files that are different on their web site. All we would need to do is to copy our ESO files into another ESO EU subdirectory and replace the different files. The messages on Reddit say the different file(s) are only 30k in size.
  • carstedes
    carstedes

I don't want to downloads 30gb just to play on the EU servers for a few minutes or hours. Too bad ZOS doesn't provide the files that are different on their web site. All we would need to do is to copy our ESO files into another ESO EU subdirectory and replace the different files. The messages on Reddit say the different file(s) are only 30k in size.

That's what I'm saying. When you repair your game it doesn't download all 30gigs again, it checks the files you have and downloads any missing or broken files. I was saying maybe if you run the repair option, it would just scan and replace those files.

• snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    you just have to select EU then run repair. It will change the few files it needs to and you can then log in without having to do a full DL. Then just change it back to NA and repair it again.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay trying it. Getting the Install button. No Repair button.
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    Please dont compare this to diablo 3.... =)
  • carstedes
    carstedes

Click "Game Options" then "Repair"
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sensationalism at its best.
  • carstedes
    carstedes
    Hirion wrote: »
    Sensationalism at its best.

yep

• wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varko wrote: »

To date, Diable 3 before Reaper of Souls sold 15 million copies.

15 million x $60 = serious money

Any game should be so lucky as to be compared to that. :)
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭

Dont get me wrong, its very succesful, and even fun, but the launch of vanilla D3 was horrid. i thought thats what he was saying.
    Edited by Varko on 2 April 2014 07:06
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont get me wrong, its very succesful, and even fun, but the launch of vanilla D3 was horrid. i thought thats what he was saying.

The D3 launch was very bad and totally unexpected given that the D3 beta period ran very smooth over the last four months prior to launch.
    The bad launch was why the game had low Metacritic scores at first.

In comparison ESO's early access launch went very smoothly. If ZOS can repeat it on 4/4/14 their is no reason why ESO shouldn't get an A or the numerical equivalent. This game is pretty good although most of us are still in the early game phase.
  • pocketemu
    pocketemu
    Your title is very misleading. I almost thought you compared the actual game to d3 beta which is the quite the insult considering how difficult it was to log on and play that game on release and the fact that promised content still inst released for it lol
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    I think I read that EU and NA servers are completely seperate. I dont think you can jump onto the other without starting all over.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Click "Game Options" then "Repair"

Okay, I copied the ESO files to The Elder Scrolls Online EU subdirectory. Brought up the launcher. Game Options gives only two options: Install and Settings. No Repair option.

Edit: subdirectory name had an error, now running repair
    Edited by wrlifeboil on 2 April 2014 07:56