Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Turning off leveling in Cyrodill

hamletsbatb14_ESO
hamletsbatb14_ESO
✭✭✭
I heard it could be done but I missed how.

Anyone know?

Thanks.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a feature to stop XP gain....it's to turn off the auto-level feature which was bugging some armor stats.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • hamletsbatb14_ESO
    hamletsbatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ah...I see.
  • frogturtle6b14_ESO
    frogturtle6b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It's not a feature to stop XP gain....it's to turn off the auto-level feature which was bugging some armor stats.

So you can level up in Cyrodill?

• Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭

Yes you can, there are repeatable daily quests, as well as repeatable pvp quests in the zone. It's obviously slower than PvE leveling, but it's not bad to help pass the time, if you're into pvp.

• Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there's no way to shut off XP gain in PvP. Locked twinks killed Aion and Everquest 2's open PvP. We don't need an empty server here too.
  • Stienbjorn
    Isn't the Cyrodill all levels versus all levels, so locking yourself at a certain level regardless of gear would put you at a disadvantage to someone say 20 levels higher.
  • Klauen
    Klauen
    ✭✭
    I thought i can turn of exp gained by pvp so I can do pvp when my leveling partner isn't online without outleveling him :(
    The Surgeon of Death
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm well i dont know but i think it's faster to level up there.
    Try it you will see im right.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • hamletsbatb14_ESO
    hamletsbatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Klauen wrote: »
    I thought i can turn of exp gained by pvp so I can do pvp when my leveling partner isn't online without outleveling him :(

That's what I thought too.

<shrug>
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    Xionar wrote: »

Yes you can, there are repeatable daily quests, as well as repeatable pvp quests in the zone. It's obviously slower than PvE leveling, but it's not bad to help pass the time, if you're into pvp.

It is absolutely not slower than PVE leveling if you're willing to throw out doing your best to help your faction, and just farm the heck out of the kill 20 players quest.

Get your 20 kills, immediately yolo-rush the enemy to die instantly for free port to turn in quest, pick it back up, warp as close as possible to zerg, rinse and repeat. Plus, each level will net you a ton of gear bags. Switch raids as needed if your raid ends up away from the action.

Not that I'm advocating this. We did this for a few levels and decided it was too easy, so stopped, as we didn't want to completely skip out on the pve content in the game.

That said, if I was just about pvp and didn't give two hoots about pve ('cept for skyshards/lorebooks/etc), this is probably what I'd do to get to 50 as quick as possible, while farming a silly amount of pvp currency before re-tooling your actions at 50 to actually contribute to the war effort. :wink:
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Klauen wrote: »
    You can still leveling a lot slower if you dont get any of the quests, it is still a good way to stay in sync with your leveling partner.

The option they added was so that people at level like 45 and beyond didnt feel like they were getting nerfed by the stat changes, which would happen depending on your gear, and point distributions.

Levels 1-20 maybe 25 you may still be just a little ahead of your partner but not by much and the difference will become void beyond that, depending on how much you are on in comparison to them of course
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact