Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Monsters still giving 3 exp in 4 man dungeons

Gohlar
Gohlar
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know when they plan to ungimp the dungeon exp? Penalizing people for grouping up to take on challenging content seems...unwise.

I can only hope this is a bug and not what could only be described as a disastrous design decision. It has actually been suggested that this is intentional.
Edited by Gohlar on 2 April 2014 05:59
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you are lower lvl you get less xp per kill. To be able to make xp grinding you need to be able to kill a lot fast, i would suggest once you hit 15 to go to dungeons in cyrodiil, if you have say 3 people it goes really fast more people its crazy, at first it will seem like its very little xp but as you lvl you get more xp per kill and not only that you get a ton of gear and all the gear that drops is lvl specific. So if your 15 you get 15 items and 20 20 items, so you will always have upgrades or stuff to sell.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's intentional. They nerfed this XP because people were grinding to level 50 in 10 hours instead of 17. :P
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you imagine if they really made an mmo where grouping kills your exp?

I'm holding out hope this is some kind of mistake because this game is in serious trouble if they are this out of touch.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grouping isn't killing XP, or at least it shouldn't be. Have you tested how much XP you get from an individual mob while solo versus in a group?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I meant grouping up for the group content like the 4 man dungeons.

I'm just having a hard time believing they would make these dungeons and then intentionally give you no exp for doing them. I suppose we could group up and go quest, but that would be trivial in terms of difficulty, not much fun.

If they really are punishing everyone who likes to group up and do dungeons instead of trying to simply balance things, that's a terrible precedent.
    Edited by Gohlar on 2 April 2014 06:31